6. Rey winds up in new Jedi academy
  7. Snoke thinks Rey is killed in Ren massacre

How about even taking this theory even crazier:

5.5.  Snoke created Rey as a sleeper agent to assassinate Luke

My wacky Snoke theory:

Supreme Leader Snoke is

Supreme Leader Snoke

Why?

I'd rather he was a mysterious figure who has been watching and waiting. Not Plagueis, Ezra, Grand Inquisitor, Darth Vader's secret apprentice or Made Windu gone bad. Just plain and simple, he is someone new

6 can't be right.  If Rey was at the Jedi Academy she wouldn't have been shocked to find out Luke and the Force weren't just Myth.  

Unless they wiped her memory - but she still remember her family so it would have to end up being some type of Wolverine Origin Story - where she has multiple false memories all implanted.  

I still believe Snoke is an ancient entity that was stored in stasis on Jakku for a long time and then discovered by the Emperor. He, knowing that his cause (a stable dark side dominance over the galaxy) is more important than his person, kept Snoke as a backup plan in case of his death. Of course he had to be kept that way as to not be a rival who would endanger stability.

Aftermath: Life Debt spoilers on that:

The next Aftermath book will reveal if I am right. At the end of the last one the imperial remnant occupied Jakkus orbit to retrieve something (that had been guarded by the empire for a long time). I believe that this is Snoke and with him to replace the Emperor the remnant will vanish to reform as First Order in the unknown regions.

• Rey can't have been at the Jedi Massacre by the Knights of Ren for the very simple reason that she was no more than 5 when abandoned on Jakku and Kylo had not yet fallen during Bloodline, which is a few years before TFA.
  • Midichlorians were mentioned exactly at 5 points in the canon, only two of which will have been seen by the larger public and they were wildly detested, it would seem unlikely they would return
  • Snoke, as currently known, is not a Sith

Point 1: Rey couldn't have been at the Jedi Massacre.

The Jedi Massacre by the Knights of Ren might have happened when Rey was 5 years old. Or maybe 10 years later, after the events of Bloodline. If the massacre did happen when Rey was 5, maybe Luke, Ben and Rey all fled, which means Luke and Ben had been on the run for over a decade.

But Rey being part of the New Jedi Academy or escaping the massacre is only a sidebar to the theory.

The primary part is Snoke crated Anakin. And Snoke created Rey.

Maybe Rey was created with material from Vader's bacta tank. Or from Luke's hand. Or just from straight up midichlorians. It doesn't matter.

Point 2: Midichlorians

Midichlorians were a silly, unnecessary device to move the story along. But it's notoriety makes it a well-recognized aspect of the universe. It can be less of a throwaway, mistake of a device, if the storytellers used it again. Like Qui-gon, they could repeat the same logic with Anakin. Imagine Luke talking to the New Jedi Academy Admissions office (in same whiny voice as Tosche Station): "I know she's a total stranger that possibly could have an Order 66 chip embedded in her head, but look at the midichlroian count on this 4-year old girl that magically showed up on our front door steps. Come on, guys"

Point 3: Snoke not Sith

Darth Maul, as currently known, is not a Sith

19 hours ago, patox said:

Point 1: Rey couldn't have been at the Jedi Massacre.

The Jedi Massacre by the Knights of Ren might have happened when Rey was 5 years old. Or maybe 10 years later, after the events of Bloodline. If the massacre did happen when Rey was 5, maybe Luke, Ben and Rey all fled, which means Luke and Ben had been on the run for over a decade.

Kylo Ren destroyed Luke's Jedi, so he can't have been on the run with Luke for over a decade. Bloodline also shows that there was still regular contact between him and his parents.

The primary part is Snoke crated Anakin.

Only if you accept the premise that Plagueis is Snoke. And the premise that Plagueis was responsible for creating Anakin, which is also not canon.

Midichlorians

Midichlorians were a silly, unnecessary device to move the story along. But it's notoriety makes it a well-recognized aspect of the universe. It can be less of a throwaway, mistake of a device, if the storytellers used it again. Like Qui-gon, they could repeat the same logic with Anakin. Imagine Luke talking to the New Jedi Academy Admissions office (in same whiny voice as Tosche Station): "I know she's a total stranger that possibly could have an Order 66 chip embedded in her head, but look at the midichlroian count on this 4-year old girl that magically showed up on our front door steps. Come on, guys"

First off, there was no academy, not formally. It was just Luke, training Force sensitives. 

It is also a very, very convoluted way of creating a backstory when the easier way would be anything else (my personal theory being her being aboard the Falcon when it was stolen from her father).

Point 3: Snoke not Sith

Darth Maul, as currently known, is not a Sith

Only because he left.