Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

Off the Beaten Path

Oof, those treacheries are going to be nasty in a 4 player game.  The new side quest seems quite mediocre.  That tactics event is interesting.  My gears are turning trying to think of ways to use it.

Holy smokes Savage South is awful.

Due to reprint schedules and such, I'm considering abandoning the progression style of play. Also because I love Harad and the lore of these new packs. Would it be a nightmare to get the Sands of Harad box if I only have cards up to Khazad dum so far?

11 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Due to reprint schedules and such, I'm considering abandoning the progression style of play. Also because I love Harad and the lore of these new packs. Would it be a nightmare to get the Sands of Harad box if I only have cards up to Khazad dum so far?

Depends on whether you have any of its expansions. Road to Rivendell, Foundations of Stone, and Watcher in the Water have a very high density of powerful cards that still see frequent play.

2 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

Depends on whether you have any of its expansions. Road to Rivendell, Foundations of Stone, and Watcher in the Water have a very high density of powerful cards that still see frequent play.

Have Road to Rivendell, and purchased all the others that aren't out of print, which includes Watcher and Foundations :(

Actually, I kind of feel like Harad would be a fine box to follow up the core. I haven't tried it with such a limited card pool, but I bet it's not too difficult.

Edited by Authraw

mec56-wait-no-longer.png

Wait no Longer is an amazing card, specially for solo-tactics decks which are becoming a thing now. Scrying, avoiding surge, and avoiding treacheries for a round is crazy good, and all of these are areas in which tactics was lacking up until now. I also like how you put the enemy immediately engaged, which means the enemy won't add its threat. Also, since all this is done at the very beginning of the quest phase, you also know exactly how much questing you need to make that round, without any nasty surprises awaiting. This is a card which Mablung and Amarthiúl love btw. Include Háma there too. Mostly, I specially like how this card can be seen as treachery cancellation. Wait no Longer should be an auto-include for any deck with access to tactics and proud to be good at handling enemies.

Edited by Rajam

I hate to be that guy, but I'm really scared about the Harradim cycle being the last one now. The cards seem too good to be true and with the fact that they are revisiting almost every traits, strategy and keywords it feels like this would be a great way to wrap up the game. I hope I'm wrong and it's just a middle age crisis and the game will go on for several years to come. There's still to much stuff they can explore....

1 hour ago, xchan said:

I hate to be that guy, but I'm really scared about the Harradim cycle being the last one now. The cards seem too good to be true and with the fact that they are revisiting almost every traits, strategy and keywords it feels like this would be a great way to wrap up the game. I hope I'm wrong and it's just a middle age crisis and the game will go on for several years to come. There's still to much stuff they can explore....

I, too, dislike that you were that guy.

No one's going to comment anything about the artwork in Coney in a Trap? I think it contrasts heavily with the superb artwork in the Nightmare scenarios; to put it mildly, IMHO it competes with Gather Information for the worst artwork in a player card. Just my two cents, of course, ymmv.