heychadwick

Video Recording Games?

Hi Guys,

As someone that does a podcast, I've been asked to put games on YouTube or Twitch.  I'm trying to look into doing it without breaking the bank.  If anyone out there has some suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

I've looked at a lot of the GoPro's and there seems to be a number of different budget ones (that are no longer made).  Part of the problem I have is trying to figure out which features are best for recording games.  It seems that being able to record with a FPS (Frames Per Second) is important.  Also, having wifi built in is also important.  Being able to see what you are recording is good, but I think most that have wifi also have an app that will let you view it.  Are there other features that I need to know about?

There are alternative companies to GoPro and I'm not necessarily sold on them.  It doesn't have to be all cased to avoid crashing on a mountain bike or anything.  Does anyone know of decent alternatives to GoPro?

Lastly, I would think that recording sound is also important.  When at a gaming table, do built in microphones work?  Or would I need better ones?

Thanks for anyone that might be able to help!