TitaniumChopstick

KENOBI: A Star Wars Story

2 hours ago, VanorDM said:

Wouldn't that require him having a child of his own?  Jedi aren't allowed to get married, which doesn't actually stop them from having children, but I'd assume if he had a child it would've been mentioned.  

I never said I like the theory just what it says, like you I would like it if neither Rey's parents nor Snoke is someone that we already know.

And about the child not being mentioned, well you can have a child without knowing and who knows what Obi Wan did on all those missions alone and far away from Coruscant ;)

28 minutes ago, Iceeagle85 said:

well you can have a child without knowing and who knows what Obi Wan did on all those missions alone and far away from Coruscant ;)

Sure, but are Jedi allowed to have casual sex?  No source that I know of actually touches that...  But the prevailing concept seems to be that Jedi of the fall of the Republic era are effectively monks not allowed to form commitments so abstinence may be a requirement.  In the SW:TOR game you could actually get married as a Jedi or Sith, but required approval from the Jedi Console prior to it.  If that's actually the way it's supposed to work or not...  I don't know, it may of just been that Bioware didn't want only some classes to have a romance option so they made up something for Jedi.

Or maybe things were just more lax back then, and the Jedi of Yoda's era are more strict about such things.

But given the Jedi's stance on things, I can't believe a Jedi would be allowed to have children they knew about...  There would be a constant temptation to be involved in their life and this runs directly contrary what was said about Jedi in the Prequels.  Also Obi-Wan was pretty orthodox so I can't see him violating the rules about children.

6 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Wasn't Obi-Wan kicking it with a Mandalorian lady in The Clone Wars? My money is on him being Sabine's dad and Sabine is Rey's mom. 

FFG going all in on Sabine everywhere is all the evidence I need to support this wild theory.

Satine (clone wars) was a different family than Visla, an we know Sabine (rebels) was the same house as Visla.

"When maul took oveer deathwatch, Sabine's mom was in the room."

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

Rey is a Kenobi? Rey was born 11 years after Endor, which is 5 years after Obi-Wan was killed.  So Rey was born 16 years after he died, unless there's some crazy long gestation period for their race or some kind of cloning and gender manipulation I would say it's not possible. But who knows what The Mouse will do.

Because he is her grandfather.  Kind of like I'm a blodvargarna because my father's father was a blodvargarna. 

Edited by BlodVargarna
Extrapolation

12 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Satine (clone wars) was a different family than Visla, an we know Sabine (rebels) was the same house as Visla.

"When maul took oveer deathwatch, Sabine's mom was in the room."

I'm going to stick with my alternative facts on this one.

10 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

My pet theory is that Rey is a product of the Force, just like Anakin, hence her natural Force abilities.

So no connection to Skywalkers or Kenobis, etc.

It was a terrible idea to make Anakin a "product of the force" in the first place.  Doubling down on that and doing the same for Rey would just be worse.  And she'd still have to have a mother.

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

Wasn't Obi-Wan kicking it with a Mandalorian lady in The Clone Wars?

Well for understandable reasons they never really said just how far the relationship went.   So we don't actually know how far it went.  They had feelings for each other but that doesn't mean it got physical.

It doesn't mean it didn't either, and I'm really curious if Jedi are allowed to have casual relationships or not.  I can easily see it go either way but don't know of any example of them having friends with benefits... 

Edit: Apparently they can.  Here's a quote from George on the subject...

"Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships."

So maybe the idea of Rey being a Kenobi isn't as farfetched as it sounded at first.

Edited by VanorDM
Found a quote

As much as I want Rey to be an Obi Wan, I seriously dought it.  Satine died during the Clone Wars cartoon, By Maul.  

Also, Star Wars (main story line) is about the rise and fall of Skywalker bloodline. Unless Luke stays alive in the next two movies, Rey is a Skywalker.   

I think the big surprise will be Snoke. 

3 minutes ago, Ccwebb said:

As much as I want Rey to be an Obi Wan, I seriously dought it.  Satine died during the Clone Wars cartoon, By Maul.  

Also, Star Wars (main story line) is about the rise and fall of Skywalker bloodline. Unless Luke stays alive in the next two movies, Rey is a Skywalker.   

I think the big surprise will be Snoke. 

The main storyline is about the Skywalker bloodline, but that doesn't mean Rey has to be a Skywalker. There already is someone of the Skywalker bloodline from that generation that we already know about from Episode VII, after all...

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

It was a terrible idea to make Anakin a "product of the force" in the first place.  Doubling down on that and doing the same for Rey would just be worse.  And she'd still have to have a mother.

Be that as it may, my thinking is more along the lines of the big Vader reveal in Empire. Only in The Last Jedi, it would be coming from Rey, "Luke, I have no father." :P

I didn't like the immaculate conception idea either, but the Saga films really love to echo themes.

8 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Be that as it may, my thinking is more along the lines of the big Vader reveal in Empire. Only in The Last Jedi, it would be coming from Rey, "Luke, I have no father." :P

I didn't like the immaculate conception idea either, but the Saga films really love to echo themes.

If they have to echo any themes from the prequels, they could at LEAST pick something less terrible.  I'm not sure WHAT, but I'd rather not have the worst parts of the prequels rearing their heads again...

9 hours ago, Teloch said:

Rey is a Kenobi? Rey was born 11 years after Endor, which is 5 years after Obi-Wan was killed.  So Rey was born 16 years after he died, unless there's some crazy long gestation period for their race or some kind of cloning and gender manipulation I would say it's not possible. But who knows what The Mouse will do.

Clearly, time travel was involved, making this a Trek-Wars crossover. 

Personally, I'd like to see the Kenobi novel made into a movie. 

43 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

Clearly, time travel was involved, making this a Trek-Wars crossover. 

Personally, I'd like to see the Kenobi novel made into a movie. 

So you're saying Obi Wan walked through the Guardian of Forever, well why not ;)

About Obi Wan and Satine, didn't he say he would have left the Jedi Order if she just asked him to be with her? But i don't think they had a child she would have told him.

Edited by Iceeagle85

29 minutes ago, Iceeagle85 said:

So you're saying Obi Wan walked through the Guardian of Forever, well why not ;)

About Obi Wan and Satine, didn't he say he would have left the Jedi Order if she just asked him to be with her? But i don't think they had a child she would have told him.

She didn't carry Sabine to term. She was pregnant when Maul killed her and the force kept an embryonic Sabine alive. Upon discovering the still living fetus and sensing it's relation to Obi-Wan, Maul had it transplanted into one of his followers (a member of clan Visla) hoping to train a child of Kenobi's as his apprentice to spite Kenobi.

And before anyone tells me how ridiculous that is, remember that after Maul was cut in half, he stayed alive and got at a set of mother-loving cybernetic spider legs.

Edited by WWHSD

3 minutes ago, jmswood said:

You can't be serious. So much of what they do is fan service, and here is the big shocker: Star Wars is made by people who like Star Wars.

Lets see:

2017: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

2018: Star Wars: Han Solo story

2019: Star Wars: Episode IX, Indiana Jones <-- I would take a Kenobi film over Jones

2020: Star War Anthology Film (I would say this is 90% Boba Fett story)