Khyros

New Asmodee Forums

12 minutes ago, Bojanglez said:

Did they remove the "go to next unread post" function?  Makes jumping into long threads WAY more difficult

It works for me, just click the dot or the star.

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

almost everyone's avatar seems a little fuzzy to me...anyone else notice that?

The avatars are low res because the pictures used to take less space on the old forum. 

Huh, multiqoting actually works without switching to BBCode, noice.

36 minutes ago, Zura said:

I really hope they will add custom avatars back. If you want to upload a picture that isn't supposed to be on the forum you can do it anyway. And custom avatars are great way of actually customising profiles and making people more recognisable. 

It's also really jarring when you get used to a certain poster under a certain image... then someone else uses it.

Also, on the odd one or two times I've seen someone posting with the same images, I immediately get confused as to why I don't remember posting...

YUP! lol

Thats exactly why i dont like not allowing us to have custom avatars. I was using the Meganob Ork avatar and someone else started using it, totally threw me off when i'd see a post with that avatar and i was trying to remember why the hell i said those things in the post before noticing that wasnt me lol

For anybody else using Stylebot, this is a start:

.cForumList li div, .cForumList li ul {
    padding: 0;
}

.cWidgetContainer ul {
    padding: 0;
}

.cWidgetContainer ul li {
    margin: 0;
}

Edited by haslo

38 minutes ago, eMeM said:

It works for me, just click the dot or the star.

The avatars are low res because the pictures used to take less space on the old forum. 

Huh, multiqoting actually works without switching to BBCode, noice.

But quoted text automatically cuts out anything that was quoted which will make any sort of discussion that had people replying to each other a pain to follow.

Edited by WWHSD

1 hour ago, Bojanglez said:

I'm confused by some of the comments - I still see who liked posts, but others can't?

IMG_3751.PNG

Were you logged in? i can see who liked posts if I'm not. Other people are reporting the same.

I'm also wondering if having both an Asmodee and FFG forum account before the change makes some difference. I only had an FFG account.

3 minutes ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

Random note: I had 45 unchecked notifications yesterday (I was actively not looking at them for no good reason) and now they're all gone :(

On the other hand, new notifications can be delivered via browser popup (if you give the forum permission to do that). Yay!

Did the new forum also mess with forum read marks?  Just went to off topic and everything is "read" except three posts that have been created or added to this morning.

bah!

1. For whoever asked, yes, I was logged in when I saw who had liked posts but hey, logging out then back in again seems to have "fixed that" :(

2. The button next to someone's name doesn't take me to the next unread post but to he last post - I just "caught up" on six pages of the Rebels thread by Jumping to the end.

bah humbug!

Edited by Bojanglez

Can't find an avatar pic I like from the ones available now, but then, I  didn't have one before. The new look is a little to antiseptic for my tastes..

Has anyone managed to upload their own profile avatar?

Edited by boomaster
Just thought of this...

I like the new look at least on mobile which is 99% of my usage. Much cleaner more mobile friendly.

Losing signatures doesn't actually matter to me since I turned those off long ago anyway so it looks like all upside for me. I also have had no problem seeing the 'likes' as they were previously so no complaints there either.

just wanted to post somewhere to see what i look like now, move along!

EDIT: also, my like to post ratio is off the charts!

Edited by atr127
just letting you guys know how awesome i am

7 minutes ago, Killerardvark said:

Asmodee is blocked by work so I'll be living in from my phone. That sucks. 

Freedom on avatars are cool, or so I hear. I can't find the section to do it. 

No signatures is annoying. That's where I always went for my Cryodex downloads.

I had the same issue initially. Luckily one of the IT guys is a buddy of mine and got that "tech issue" sorted out for me. I would have been livid otherwise, so I feel your pain.

Also, I decided to try out some of the notification capabilities that I haven't ever tried using before with the new interface and all prompting some change. Really liked the idea of following things and having it show as notifications here, but not being able to toggle off the receive email option, and receiving 50 odd emails within an hour, meant I quickly dropped that idea.