Sign in to follow this  
Thomas62

Character generator updated ... again

Hi again - the character generator now supports sharing of groups.

This means that it is now very easy to create a group of NPCs, add description and share them for everyone to use and enjoy.

You must be logged in, to share groups and characters.

Cheers,

Thomas

Very nice, this I think is now the best thing about the generator, or rather it will be when people start using it. Once there is a big list it should hopefully allow a GM to just grab a set of NPC's print them off and be ready to go, great idea. Also nice for GM's to compare players :P.

Kaihlik

Hi Thomas

Thanks a lot for the group sharing thing. A can't wait to see other GM's adding NPC groups. Love that bastard Captain Sternn, just hate he managed to get away at the last fight....

Cya..

Hi Thomas,

I haven't seen any response to my earlier question, possible that you've missed it, but I am curious to your answer (No and/or Not now, is also an acceptable answer) here is a copy of it:

-quote-

I have a few questions: is there anyway to export the data from the generated character? The reason I ask is that I use Maptool for my campaign and all my npc's are stored in there. Note that I'm currently developing a v2.0 Dark Heresy framework for Maptool (did 1.0 but its rather basic). You might even be interested in some collaboration between your generator and the framework?

Also there is a nice overview for the characteristics and skill&talents, but not for gear (e.g. a 'backside') or am I missing something?

Nonetheless its much appreciated!

-

thnx!

A very nice character generator, but not one I can really use. I will be very interested in this when it has support for elite advances and when I can use it to create ad hoc NPCs rather than career path based characters.

LuciusT said:

A very nice character generator, but not one I can really use. I will be very interested in this when it has support for elite advances and when I can use it to create ad hoc NPCs rather than career path based characters.

I agree. Sometimes you just want to cook up a unique NPC and right now you have to stick to the standard careers.

@wolph42 - yes, sorry it did slip my mind. I have sent you a "friendship" request on the forum. Check it out.  happy.gif

@LuciusT and @number3rc - I agree that elite advances would be nice. It is on the drawing board. 

For most of my ad-hoc NPCs I use a piece of paper with names from the name generator. One column for male, and one for female. When the players do something unexpected that requires an NPC I just select one of the names and take it from there. I often add notes next to the name, so that I don't forget what the NPC was doing.

Anyway, your request is noted.  happy.gif

Thomas

What you can do for Ad Hoc NPC's is to choose thier stats and -20 from all of them. Then buy them the 4 characteristic advances for each stat which then allows you to basically pick thier skills and talents. Not perfect but its a bit more flexible that way.

Kaihlik