warchild1x

Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Eventual Spoilers)

10 hours ago, splad said:

Is this a sad cry for attention.

Your misrepresenting things to spin them your way and get a rise out of posters? I dunno. You tell me.

When people do not answer you in the way you want is this your pseudo tantrum.

Not at all. But if someone admittedly chooses to “exaggerate” elements in a scene we’re talking about in such a way that their position only stands if the “exaggeration” is applied, I might try to communicate with them in that same way, to see if we can establish a common “language.”

Your response speaks volumes, though.

Whatever it is, it is very needy. If this soothes your ego then God bless. I'm happy to watch.

The irony remains strong in you. At least you’re consistent in that respect.

The irony has been omnipresent with him. He gets to exaggerate, others don’t. He gets to mock, others don’t. He gets to criticize, others don’t. He sets the terms by which the discussion is done, others don’t. 

My advice? Block the kid. It is the only way forward in this case. 

1 hour ago, Stan Fresh said:

Whereas shows about just male characters aren't expected to justify themselves.

Would like shows, where gender's not important - with female and male characters that do play significant roles as the story progresses. Ah wait, that's already been done in SW (like Ep. VIII) - just not in FoD. :D

Edited by Sunrider

8 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

The irony has been omnipresent with him. He gets to exaggerate, others don’t. He gets to mock, others don’t. He gets to criticize, others don’t. He sets the terms by which the discussion is done, others don’t. 

My advice? Block the kid. It is the only way forward in this case. 

Yeah...many, many years ago, when I first ventured online, I said to myself that I wasn’t going to use any sort of “block” or “ignore” feature, just because it’s not how I live. In the years since then, I made one exception. Oddly enough, upon encountering that same person (I just didn’t realize it at first) on a different forum, I (and others) weren’t happy when a mod took it upon himself to unilaterally put that person on everyone’s “ignore” list without notice or permission.

When it comes to people like our *ahem* friend here, I tend to find that when someone does block them, they see it as a victory...they achieved their goal of pushing others’ buttons until they just give up. So, I usually leave things so that I can call out their shenanigans.

But I’m tempted to make only the second exception in some 25-ish years.