warchild1x

Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Eventual Spoilers)

1 minute ago, mouthymerc said:

It was. Time to move on. which, as noted above, I think the point of this trilogy.

It was pretty much indicated the saga ends with the next movie though Kathleen Kennedy said it could go on. But I would say it would be good to let it sit for a few years

4 minutes ago, mouthymerc said:

True. Unlike Todd and Jim, his creations have no staying power. His big claim to fame is ripping off Deathstroke therefore giving him a blink and you miss it cameo in the movie.

Which is more than he earned. Deadpool’s popularity came when others took Liefeld’s Deathstroke “homage” and grafted Ambush Bug’s personality and shtick onto him. ;)

9 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Which is more than he earned. Deadpool’s popularity came when others took Liefeld’s Deathstroke “homage” and grafted Ambush Bug’s personality and shtick onto him. ;)

No doubt. Most characters go through a metamorphosis as they are portryed by different artists and writers. Most people consider Frank Millar's run on Daredevil the defining representation of the character. And lets not forget that Fabian Nicieza who was also there in Deadpool's creation. Personally I am a big fan of Ed McGuinness' Deadpool art. And writers like joe Kelly and Christopher Priest.

6 hours ago, 2P51 said:

Really? He's in there briefly between the Poe/Hux Verizon cell phone ad dialogue and Mary Poppins/Super Leia....

I thought the Poe / Hux scene was very funny and reminiscent of the “Everything is fine here, how are you?” in ANH and Grievous’ “I’ve got a call to make”. 

Also, I don’t het the hatred for Leia using a force power. It seems a bit cynical and, to be perfectly frank, sexist how people keep harping on about it. We get it, she is an old lady, and she wore a dress... but really what is so weird about someone who was force sensitive 30 years ago already using a bog standard force pull to save her life that we constantly get the other-lady-in-a-dress joke?

Edited by DanteRotterdam

52 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

I’m surprised this guy hasn’t come up in our conversation yet!

D62142A1-78DE-46B5-84F0-228156A25DD1.jpeg

What did we miss a chance for Vyvyan to be in Canto Bight? I think Neil would have been more appropriate:)

1 hour ago, DanteRotterdam said:

I thought the Poe / Hux scene was very funny and reminiscent of the “Everything is fine here, how are you?” in ANH and Grievous’ “I’ve got a call to make”. 

Also, I don’t het the hatred for Leia using a force power. It seems a bit cynical and, to be perfectly frank, sexist how people keep harping on about it. We get it, she is an old lady, and she wore a dress... but really what is so weird about someone who was force sensitive 30 years ago already using a bog standard force pull to save her life that we constantly get the other-lady-in-a-dress joke?

Their is no hatred from me at all that she used a force power at all, i thought it was a long time in coming. The fact she used the force at a survival instinct level was great. But it was just executed so poorly, Rian made it look ridiculous. I don't understand where you get the sexist part, the fact she looks similar to another flying lady in a dress. Did you want her to do a superman, i just don't see your point.

Edited by splad

12 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

While there’s something to be said for the tradition of May Star Wars/LFL release dates

I run my Star Wars campaign from June through August, so May releases are perfectly timed to get my imagination jump-started.  

17 minutes ago, splad said:

Their is no hatred from me at all that she used a force power at all, i thought it was a long time in coming. The fact she used the force at a survival instinct level was great. But it was just executed so poorly, Rian made it look ridiculous. I don't understand where you get the sexist part, the fact she looks similar to another flying lady in a dress. Did you want her to do a superman, i just don't see your point.

Not every reply is aimed at you. 

21 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

And apparently feel self important enough to make everything about you....

I am speaking for myself in the comments apparently speaking for others upsets them if I speak for others. So how about addressing my question.

I, myself, constantly try to fight for social justice yet somehow the label sjw is used super derogatory so when someone says it is automatically a bad thing. As if it is a bad thing to want good things for everyone. But I guess if you are not comfortable with your station in life that can feel very threatening.