warchild1x

Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Eventual Spoilers)

1 hour ago, splad said:

The people who i know who said the movie was good seem to be lesser fans of the franchise and are not so invested in the direction of the franchise.

Funny thing, the people I know who dislike the movie are narrow minded judgmental poopy-heads who have the balls enough to think that they speak for the entirety of the fandom, despite some of those in that fandom having forgotten more about Star Wars than they will ever know, disrupting - what had been up to that point - a pretty civil and even headed discourse.

Imagine that.

Edited by Desslok

10 minutes ago, splad said:

Did you skip the part where I said "people who I know"

Clearly not, as evidenced by:

38 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Then declared that your experience is that those who enjoyed the movie are “lesser fans” than you are.

13 minutes ago, splad said:

if you want to apply it to yourself and play the wounded troll by all means,I need a laff

Well, if you need a “laff,” I suppose that calling someone else a troll when you’re the one saying people who enjoyed a movie that you didn’t are “lesser fans” probably does the trick, right?

5 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Funny thing, the people I know who dislike the movie are narrow minded judgmental poopy-heads who have the balls enough to think that they speak for the entirety of the fandom, despite some of those in that fandom having forgotten more about Star Wars than they will ever know, disrupting - what had been up to that point - a pretty civil and even headed discourse.

Imagine that.

Maybe if you are going to regards your "friends" in such a manner maybe your should hire some yes men to agree with you instead.

3 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Clearly not, as evidenced by:

Well, if you need a “laff,” I suppose that calling someone else a troll when you’re the one saying people who enjoyed a movie that you didn’t are “lesser fans” probably does the trick, right?

I'm not apologising for my point of view and the experience of the people I know.

4 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

Perhaps you could apologize for your abject rudeness and belligerence?

I an blunt if that's rude especially when other people have come at me in snide ways then it is what it is. I'm peaceable when people keep it that way. I escalate when others do. If people respond nicely so do I lol

8 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

See now these avatars are confusing me. 

It sure would be nice to have an old bearded Luke available for a bit of variety. Or even a few pieces from the other SW game lines.

Unless they are there somewhere and my search-fu is weak?

39 minutes ago, splad said:

Maybe if you are going to regards your "friends" in such a manner maybe your should hire some yes men to agree with you instead.

And this is what we meant about  subtext,  it gets over the head of some of those really loud people about their dislike of the movie. There are others, but this is pure comedy gold. :)

Edited by SEApocalypse

9 minutes ago, splad said:

I an blunt if that's rude especially when other people have come at me in snide ways then it is what it is. I'm peaceable when people keep it that way. I escalate when others do. If people respond nicely so do I lol

Really? Lets go to the tape:

On 12/18/2017 at 5:40 PM, splad said:

If you are there to just watch this movie you no doubt will rank it around 8/10 but for a star wars true blue you will give it a 4/10.

. . . . 

On 12/18/2017 at 6:32 PM, Desslok said:

No, actually what I asked you was "What exactly is a Star Wars movie". Western? Space Opera? Samurai movie? Is it a Lensmen adaption? Is it a WWII war movie? Please, enlighten us to just what a Star Wars Movie is.

On 12/18/2017 at 6:54 PM, splad said:

Don't get snobby.

Right out of the gate you're making proclamations for the entire fandom, insisting that your way is only way and when asked for clarification, you go straight to Attack Mode. Please, point out to me EXACTLY in comment 3133530 or  comment 3133580 where I was rude or snide? You came into this thread weapons hot, and when everyone here didn't instantly fall to our knees in appreciation of you generously dispensing your wisdom to the ignorant masses, you got pretty ******* angry pretty ******* quick. 

By the way, since you seem to have trouble differentiating the two, the above paragraph is probably leaning towards rude and snide.

Everyone else around here who liked / hasn't liked the movie has pretty much gone "J'ya know what - it was / wasn't for me, but if you dug it then more power to you." - including @2P51 who can sometimes get salty as **** (come on man, I loves ya, but you know it's true). If our resident salty-as-**** pirate can play nice, then it's time for you to grow the f up and play nice with others. You don't like the flick? Fine. Stop being a jerk about it.

1 minute ago, Stan Fresh said:

So how 'bout that movie, huh?

Looking forward to likely seeing it again next week.

While there’s something to be said for the tradition of May Star Wars/LFL release dates, it’s become a nice tradition for my son and I to go with my dad to see the latest one when he comes into town for Christmas/son’s birthday.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

Looking forward to likely seeing it again next week.

While there’s something to be said for the tradition of May Star Wars/LFL release dates, it’s become a nice tradition for my son and I to go with my dad to see the latest one when he comes into town for Christmas/son’s birthday.

Yeah, the Christmas release is great. I have a similar tradition with my nephew and a friend's kid.

I've seen it twice so far, a third time is already planned.

I really enjoyed the Taoist subtext and the Kurosawa shout-outs. Funnily enough I went into the movie thinking that if they killed off Luke I'd be mad. In the end I left the cinema with a big grin feeling like it had been a totally satisfying two and a half hours. Looking forward to a second viewing with my sister.

My wife loved it, and previously she was totally ambivalent about Star Wars (except Rogue One, she liked that). Now she actually wants to watch the originals with me, so I'm calling that a win!

Edited by Dylan Vaughn
**** you autocorrect

43 minutes ago, Desslok said:

including @2P51 who can sometimes get salty as **** (come on man, I loves ya, but you know it's true). If our resident salty-as-**** pirate can play nice, then it's time for you to grow the f up and play nice with others. You don't like the flick? Fine. Stop being a jerk about it.

I'd never deny it waterbird.....too honest.....plus, I assure you, I've earned my salt......

45 minutes ago, Dylan Vaughn said:

My wife loved it, and previously she was totally ambivalent about Star Wars (except Rogue One, she liked that). Now she actually wants to watch the originals with me, so I'm calling that a win!

This honestly is one of the main things for me, my wife was similar as I’ve stated, and doesn’t like most movies, let alone sci fi ones, and she also loved it, and there is honestly noting more enjoyable during a movie going experience than having the people there with you enjoying it with you. 

2 hours ago, splad said:

Which agency do you use?

I think if you're going to recommend people follow in your footsteps it's the decent thing to give them the means to achieve that.