warchild1x

Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Eventual Spoilers)

He and Rey were both Force-sensitive. Finn 'woke up' from his stormtrooper training, which was sensed by Kylo Ren, even though he didn't do anything at the time. He then later fought Kylo Ren. I don't know if he's as strong as Rey, but I thought that it was clear that he was meant to be force-sensitive as well, a la the Princess.

1 hour ago, Vestij Jai Galaar said:

He and Rey were both Force-sensitive. Finn 'woke up' from his stormtrooper training, which was sensed by Kylo Ren, even though he didn't do anything at the time. He then later fought Kylo Ren. I don't know if he's as strong as Rey, but I thought that it was clear that he was meant to be force-sensitive as well, a la the Princess.

I don't think there is any evidence for Finn being Force Sensitive.

As for your examples:

• I'm pretty sure Kylo was simply able to sense Finn's doubt or fear. Thus he stood out since your standard Stormtroopers shouldn't be having those thoughts. 
  • Wielding a lightsaber does not make one a jedi, nor force sensitive. Its just a Weapon, anyone can pick it up and flick it on. Example: Han using it to open the Tauntaun. 
Edited by ThreeAM

1 hour ago, ThreeAM said:

As for your examples:

• I'm pretty sure Kylo was simply able to sense Finn's doubt or fear. Thus he stood out since your standard Stormtroopers shouldn't be having those thoughts. 
  • Wielding a lightsaber does not make one a jedi, nor force sensitive. Its just a Weapon, anyone can pick it up and flick it on. Example: Han using it to open the Tauntaun. 

"There has been an awakening". It wasn't Rey at that point. I believe that they were both supposed to be force sensitive, but the previews of Last Jedi, don't show him doing much Forcy stuff.

3 hours ago, ThreeAM said:

As for your examples:

Actually, yes, there is evidence of Finn being Force Sensitive. On  Takodana, when he's boarding that ship to leave for the outer rim. He hears the screams from the Republic Senate on Hosnian Prime just moments before the blast hits the planet, destroying it. No one else around him is any wiser about what's about to happen until after the event, and when they do see with bright flashes in the sky, they don't know what happened until Finn tells them. He definitely pulled an "Obi-Wan senses the destruction of Alderaan" moment. 

Finn just wasn't very good at tapping into his anger during the light saber battle with Kylo. Rey was however. Hmm, makes you think. 

Finn is force sensitive, for all of the above reasons. Snoke even blatantly said so. 

41 minutes ago, TrainedMunkey said:

Finn just wasn't very good at tapping into his anger during the light saber battle with Kylo. Rey was however. Hmm, makes you think. 

Finn is force sensitive, for all of the above reasons. Snoke even blatantly said so. 

I don't see any evidence that Finn is force sensitive, the fact he uses a lightsaber doesn't mean anything, if that was true then Pre Vizsla would also be force sensitive which he was not, there are several other examples of non-force users using lightsabers. Also, when did Snoke say that Finn was force sensitive, I don't remember a scene in which Snoke even mentions Finn.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

He definitely pulled an "Obi-Wan senses the destruction of Alderaan" moment. 

He was the only one of the people outside looking up at the sky, and there was something in the sky, so I don't see any reason to think that the fact he saw something in the sky means he's force sensitive. 

23 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I don't see any evidence that Finn is force sensitive, the fact he uses a lightsaber doesn't mean anything, if that was true then Pre Vizsla would also be force sensitive which he was not, there are several other examples of non-force users using lightsabers. Also, when did Snoke say that Finn was force sensitive, I don't remember a scene in which Snoke even mentions Finn.

He was the only one of the people outside looking up at the sky, and there was something in the sky, so I don't see any reason to think that the fact he saw something in the sky means he's force sensitive. 

Nope. He heard the screams before turning around. And he was the only person to hear said screams. Also, no one on Takodona screamed, so it wasn't someone there that Finn heard. The screams were the same as those of the senate on Hosnian Prime. Watch the scene again. 

https://youtu.be/-HmWDdmTAE8

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Except the beams he sees haven't goten anywhere yet so how could people be screaming? Could be he is just looking antsy and when he turns to go down and grab more luggage he sees the sky. I think that's a lot of leaping to conclusions in what is cinematic editing trickery.  We will likely have a definitive answer here in less than a month....

15 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

Except the beams he sees haven't goten anywhere yet so how could people be screaming? Could be he is just looking antsy and when he turns to go down and grab more luggage he sees the sky. I think that's a lot of leaping to conclusions in what is cinematic editing trickery.  We will likely have a definitive answer here in less than a month....

It's precognitive. Fin hears the screams of the Senate through the Force, and turns to see the Hosnian system destroyed.  And we, the audience can also actually hear the screams, the same screams the Senate makes in the next scene just before the blast strikes the planet. 

Edited by Tramp Graphics

8 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

Did you read the screenplay?  He's already turning around to go get more luggage and is just as liklely focused on gittin outta Dodge imo.

Nope. Watch the scene again. First, there was no more luggage behind him. Second, no one at Maz Kanata's is screaming, yet Finn--and only Finn--hears screams of terror; the same screams of terror that the Republic senate makes just before the planet is destroyed. And, when everyone else is just looking up wondering what they're seeing in the sky, he is the one who tells everyone else what happened. How would he alone, out of everyone else present, know it was the Republic Senate that was just destroyed? No one else has any clue what just happened. 

Dude there is a whole pile of cases at the bottom of the ramp, you need to watch it again, not me or anyone else.  

whHDsAN.jpg

You're assuming he hears the screams, like I said there are plenty of more cases that need to be loaded and that's why he's turning imo.

Edited by 2P51

2 minutes ago, JorArns said:

Finn may be force sensitive and that's one explanation as to why he turns when he does. He may be turning to go back down the ramp for more cargo.  It is also likely this is just the films dramatic license. 

Exactly, like I said I think we will likely have a more definitive answer in like 3 1/2 weeks.

8 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

Dude there is a whole pile of cases at the bottom of the ramp, you need to watch it again, not me or anyone else.  

whHDsAN.jpg

You're assuming he hears the screams, like I said there are plenty of more cases that need to be loaded and that's why he's turning imo.

It's not assuming anything. The scene specifically shows Finn hearing screams right before he turns around; screams we, the audience also hear. They don'r come from anyone directly around him, but from Hosninan Prime, and he doesn't turn and bend to pick anything up, he turns to look up towards the source of the screams. Do you think those screams were put in there just coincidentally? No. They were put into that scene to show Finn sensing the impending destruction of Hosnian Prime, just as Obi Wan did with Alderaan.

And, for the record, those crates aren't "luggage" it's cargo. Luggage is suitcases, and personal bags. Those are crates of supplies and/or merchandise and other cargo, be they weapons, food, spice, etc. It's not luggage. 

4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

And, for the record, those crates aren't "luggage" it's cargo. Luggage is suitcases, and personal bags. Those are crates of supplies and/or merchandise and other cargo, be they weapons, food, spice, etc. It's not luggage. 

You're approaching levels of self parody with your pedantic nonsense at this point.