Slugrage

Star War: The Last Jedi

However, assuming it is legit, are they referring to Luke at the start of the film or Rey by its end?

The post on the StarWars.com website, Twitter, Facebook, etc...  isn't authoritative enough for you?

More just puzzled by reusing a title. Normally I regard all the above as legit. It was just one of those "I've heard that before somewhere" moments.

However, assuming it is legit, are they referring to Luke at the start of the film or Rey by its end?

Based on force awakens, last jedi will be the story of Rey trying to teach Luke how to be a jedi. Presumably she is unable to get him near her level, so she resigns herself to being the last jedi.

I believe from the past Dark Horse series and then Marvel series and current reprints from Random house the Jedi Order has been destroyed and rebuilt several times and the Skywalker name is involved throughout those story arcs.

Disney wants to stay on the money train and so Luke maybe is the last of a previous generation with the last Jedi Temple destroyed and Rey may be the future of rebuilding of the temple and the Order on another planet (osseus?? sp?).  They need to build them up so that they can have them go to battle again in a future saga.  I think Disney wants to finish the original 9 Lucas derived stories so that they can take the story in some other direction that they want.

Edited by TurboCooler

Haven't they already brought out a book with that title?

51ai%2BlkCP%2BL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.

Legends.  Never happened, nothing to see here.  Move along. . .

I don't know. I don't like it. I kinda wish I never saw the title. I sound really Negative, but I'm sure it'll be fine. 

I felt the same about, "The Force Awakens," and I still think that is a crummy title.

Both titles have yet to defeat my disappointment of hearing that Episode I was to be called "The Phantom Menace."