Sign in to follow this  
SolennelBern

What's the next best expansion to expand the game when you don't have access to Forsaken Lore?

Hey guys! Had the game in english, complete collection of everything released, that I recently sold cause I wanted to buy the game back in my native language (french) cause it's simply more immersive to read the lore withough some french canadian english accent tongue.gif 

I already bought the core game and I remember when I first got the game in english that Forsaken Lore was the best way to make the core set better and feel more complete.

So, in french the small expansions are really hard to find but my FLGS have both Mountains of Madness and Under the Pyramids available in french.

Would they be a good Plan B to expand the game a bit more and give more cards in the core decks?

Guest LeRoux13

Under the Pyramids is going to make life a little harder, Mountains of Madness a little easier.

Do you want the game a little easier, or a little harder?

Quoting myself:
In most aspects UtP is superior to MoM.
MoM has a substantially bigger amount of content that is dependent upon the extra board = bigger amount of content that is used more rarely.
Elder Things (MoM) are too easy, and dull as a dishwater. (Hint: As you won't like to play against them you'll use the extra board even less often)
Abhoth (UtP) is also too easy but at least has more interesting mechanics and theme.
Ithaqua (MoM) is hard but also frustratingly tedious.
Nephren-Ka (UtP) is about normal difficulty.
The extra board from UtP is integrated more seamlessly into the main board.

Disclaimer: This is an absolutely subjective opinion.

Unfortunately, Forsaken Lore is non-negotiable. Get that asap.

The extra content for the base game is extremely needed, unless you plan to play only around 10 games of Eldritch Horrror in your life.

Edited by Runko

I would say that pound for pound, Strange Remnants is the best for it's price, as you get the extremely important focus tokens, some really cool investigators, and a really interesting elder god, in addition to more cards for the location deck. Honestly, I would get it in addition to Forsaken lore if you can find it now. Hope that helps!