Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

What's wrong with us? It's just complaints all the time....(he complained)

There are two, maybe three "complaint topics" on the main forum front page right now - and yours is one of them.

I think he is more refering to the fact that there is very often multiple complaint threads. That and the threads that get the most views and replies usually are 'fix' & 'nerf' threads

Well, if FFG would just hurry up and nerf the HWK swarm there would be no problems. In the meantime though, I'm going to tell everybody how much I hate that list and how their 6 dice just wreck everything I park in front of them... I mean, how are my ships supposed to repel firepower of that magnitude...? Their dials are so OP as well. Back in the good old days, my 4 lambda + bomber list could hanle most other squads, but then FFG just had to release the too cheap HWK with its stupid white hard 2. I have to fly my lambdas masterfully to turn around, while all the noobs with their fancy HWKs can enter easy mode and turn around in a couple turns with ease... Such power creep. They can also take so many free upgrades now that my ships just don't have a chance anymore... There is Chopper, Guidance Chips (thankfully they can't take LRS) and there are probably a few others I'm missing. I just don't know what to do anymore... FFG PLZ NERF! :(

Muthah FAQing TIE swarms all over the place. Swarm mirror match, that shizz will put you to sleep. If only they could come out with something to counter the raw effeciency of the TIE! Like a...primary weapon turret! Yeah! And some missiles or torpedoes that do area of effect damage. And maybe some way to...like make those evade dice worth rolling, like a crew that gave out extr evade results every attack, to make sure the swarms don't eat up your focus tokens on the first and second attacks when they still have 5-6 ships left to activate! That's the ticket, that will fix everything!

Ironically, FFG kinda feeds the complaint threads, since the crap that everyone complains about is generally what gets fixed in the next wave.  :unsure:

OR, alternatively . . . we complain because we care. The fact that something's been done to death has never stopped anyone from doing it again, and honestly, thank god for that. If not for that fact, we wouldn't even have Star Wars. Ours is a history of repetition and subtle refinement -- millions upon millions of things that are the same when viewed from far away, but very different up close. I say, keep complaining; that's how progress is made. Just don't forget to remember what you have.

Too few new releases, not enough enthusiasm to fiddle around with those we are getting. I remember when the Jumpmaster was announced and the idea of Torp-Boats was thrown around first. Ignoring what came from that, that was bloody fun! But topics about the new ships are quickly discarded and leave the mainpage, while everyone has something to say on balancing issues (or their perception). I know i am very much guilty of that.

I appreciate the way the OP feels.  I *really* do.  Mea culpa, the can of worms that I recently opened was my first post to the main page.  I felt a sting of guilt even as I did it, and still do.  But.  I was caught up in the moment.  I was focused very narrowly on myself, my immediate locality, and the opinions of one respected member of that locale.  My Jedi powers are not strong.  If they were stronger, or if I could manage a little time travel, I would have posted more responsibly, more positively, as a simple request for advice on my situation from the wider community.  Rather than crying in my beer.

I would love to see more threads like FGD's ArcsArcsArcs.  I love the enthusiasm, and the pictures.  And that it keeps coming back to the top of the main page. 

The game hasn't fundamentally changed since it came out. New models don't mean new game types or real game expansions, just moba characters with minor game changer rules. Gaming comes from ship expansions and as such, power creep destabilizes balance of ships which in turn makes the game more fun for cheese mongers and less for casuals or meta breakers. This is what happens with miniature games where the objective is profitshare on model sales and not a game. Happens all the time.

I don't even know why the forum exists anymore, as FFG, like most companies, rarely listens to any feedback and the forum devolved into a social club which Facebook or a generic forum can serve.

The game hasn't fundamentally changed since it came out. New models don't mean new game types or real game expansions, just moba characters with minor game changer rules

well, apart from epic?

and the rather significant erratas concerning large ship barrel-rolls, de-cloak, tournament scoring and tie breakers as well as boost/rolling off the table...

Be the change you want to see

I love X-Wing

I love Armada

I love Star Wars

I love playing games and telling stories about Star Wars

I love all you geeks and nerds who make my visits to the forum either fun, informative or both. Even the complaints, and subsequent agreements/rebuttals to said complaints, are good reading for newbies like me.

So many positive waves

Janky lists that I have not got a chance to fly but might be fun:

5 Autoblaster Y-wings

3 X-wing, 3 Z-95 with one tracer for that TL magic

4 Phantoms with Collision detector

4 lambda moo cows with APL, Intel agent and Baffles, for the trollz

Ect....

It's a huge community now, every single thing that changes will anger someone, that's just the nature of the beast. Add in the fact that people who are content generally don't go out of thier way to voice their contentment, but angry people get loud about their anger all the time. It's how it will be anytime you get a group this big.