Sign in to follow this  
Darth Onyx

What about a Maneuver Card Pack Accessory?

Last year during vacation while visiting the in-laws on the East Coast, I entered a game store in Baltimore which was having a clearance sale on Dungeons and Dragons Attack Wing products.  I scooped a starter set and quite a few additional expansions and although I haven't played the game yet there was one thing that stood out for me.  Like the X-Wing expansions that include a maneuver set on the  back of the internal packaging, D&D Attack Wing also included the maneuvers for each of the dragons.  However, they provided the maneuvers on its own individual card (about the size of X-Wing's pilot cards).

Why doesn't FFG come out with an expansion deck that includes all the previous ships cards (or break them up by faction) and include one in all future releases?  I think it'd be a good idea and there wouldn't be any question of whether it's tournament legal or not and it'd be an easy, practical way to even draw out your opponent's ships maneuver cards to reference during a match. 

Maneuver lists are completely legal. In every single ship pack, a picture of the moves that ship can do is included. Under FFG's tournament rules, anything included in official FFG products is legal - there's no argument for it not being so. That said, an official one in card form would be nice too, means I wouldn't need to print them off myself.

I used to like the Star Trek maneuver cards because I could hand them to my opponent, but I like the x-wing ones that have all the ships on one card now.  SO much more convenient.  And legal in tournaments.  With so many different ships the old way of one ships' maneuvers per card would be cumbersome to keep track of.  

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, jonnyd said:

I used to like the Star Trek maneuver cards because I could hand them to my opponent, but I like the x-wing ones that have all the ships on one card now.  SO much more convenient.  And legal in tournaments.  With so many different ships the old way of one ships' maneuvers per card would be cumbersome to keep track of.  

I noticed that including the fore and aft sections of epic ships and the C-Roc expansion, the maneuver deck would include a perfect number of cards at exactly 52, just like an actual playing card deck.  It's almost as if it's meant to be for FFG to move forward with this product at this time.  Also, I would consider a deck of playing cards hardly cumbersome and it would only take a matter of seconds to pull out your opponents ships from the deck as long as everything is organized and lay them next to your squadron's own cards.  Or, I can pull out my own ships maneuver cards before I even travel to a tournament.  I would much prefer this than dealing with the maneuver templates that FFG includes with their expansion packs which aren't uniform in size (and quite frankly, I've thrown all of them away up until the last wave), or a double-sided sheet of paper that tries to cram a dozen-plus ships per side.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:45 PM, SkyWarp said:

Just need to redo them all now so it is the actual dial so can account for our forthcoming BoShek overlords.

They still get to chose the dial. If you want when you look at it you can ask which way they spun it and you can see if they selected the appropriate maneuver.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:06 PM, heychadwick said:

It has been ruled illegal for tournaments.  I doubt they would make a product that would not be allowed in tournaments. 

No it hasn't, a sheet of maneuvers comes in every single box/pack for a ship - and FFG has explicitly ruled that any information included in FFG packs is legal for tournaments. Unless there's something you can quote otherwise.

3 hours ago, ThalanirIII said:

No it hasn't, a sheet of maneuvers comes in every single box/pack for a ship - and FFG has explicitly ruled that any information included in FFG packs is legal for tournaments. Unless there's something you can quote otherwise.

I believe it was in one of the latest tournament FAQ's.  I don't have the link or exact info as I don't bother, but I recall that you can't have any pieces of paper that show dials of other ships.  Maybe I'm wrong, as I'm not the tournament guy, but I thought it said no apps or other research papers other than your ships, cards, and dials.  

48 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I believe it was in one of the latest tournament FAQ's.  I don't have the link or exact info as I don't bother, but I recall that you can't have any pieces of paper that show dials of other ships.  Maybe I'm wrong, as I'm not the tournament guy, but I thought it said no apps or other research papers other than your ships, cards, and dials.  

That was due to false interpretation when the FAQ was released.