Sign in to follow this  
noctum_carpe

More than three Veteran sword elves in the discard pile is it possible

Hi

Can you use message from elronf to send another player a veteran sword elf that  the new player now prrmtly discards, its not in play its in the new players dicard pile, im not sure its legal? Another thougt but it limits it to three in the dicard pile one player with erestor discards all 3 vetaeran sword elf another player with Cirdan and arwen discards all 3 veteran sword elves, the one player uses stand and fight.

rules page 20:

Any time one of these cards has 0 hit points, it is immediately defeated. Defeated characters are placed in their owner’s discard pile,

but i can't find anything about discarded cards from hand. i would tend to believe that discarded from hand would also return to owner's discard pile

i'm trying to check the FAQ, but it keeps failing and reloading and really annoying me lol

Edited by dr00

Each player has his own discard pile, and the encounter deck also has its own discard pile. Whenever a card is discarded, it goes to the discard pile belonging to the card’s originating deck.

AFAIK, there are no shenanigans that allow you to get a card owned by another player into your discard pile, though things like Gildor and Wizard Pipe should be able to get such a card from your hand into your deck.

Each player has his own discard pile, and the encounter deck also has its own discard pile. Whenever a card is discarded, it goes to the discard pile belonging to the card’s originating deck.

AFAIK, there are no shenanigans that allow you to get a card owned by another player into your discard pile, though things like Gildor and Wizard Pipe should be able to get such a card from your hand into your deck.

If that's allowed, you could play a mill card like Emery to move the card to your discard. Because what if I shuffle my deck after the Wizard Pipe, then mill the card into my discard? How do I know if it's my copy of the card or my partner's?

If that's allowed, you could play a mill card like Emery to move the card to your discard. Because what if I shuffle my deck after the Wizard Pipe, then mill the card into my discard? How do I know if it's my copy of the card or my partner's?

This has come up before as I recall, and the impression I got was that theoretically the card should still always go back to its owner's discard pile, even though practically there's no way to ensure that without marking the card somehow. Though I I think that was implied by other rulings rather than something which was specifically asked.

The rule says "originating deck", so it would go back to the discard pile for the deck it was built into before the game started. If you put someone else's card into your deck, you'll need to figure out a way to tell it apart AND make sure it isn't obviously the other person's card while it is in the deck.