Sign in to follow this  
Stoneface

Oicunn, obstacles, overlap and stress. What order is stress applied?

I did a brief scan for the answer with no luck and since I don't run Imps that often this never came up before. I've checked rules and faq but no joy there. So I apologise in advance if this has been answered before.

Oicunn, with Dauntless, moves through a debris cloud and overlaps a ship. He will get a stress from the debris, roll a die for damage, cause damage to the ship he hit, get an action and another stress from Dauntless. Maybe. My question is this: when is the stress from the debris cloud applied? If it's before Dauntless procs, then no free action.

The Decimator has been around for a good while and I'm sure someone has run into this before. Thanks for help.

More specifically, the debris assigns a stress token after the "Check Pilot Stress" step, which is part of executing the maneuver. Since Dauntless doesn't trigger until after the entire process of executing the maneuver is complete, the debris field stress will always get there first.

Edited by DR4CO