Sign in to follow this  
drowranger80

POD player cards! PLEASE!!

Please please please do a POD of the core player cards. Its really silly to have to buy a second core set just to play 3 to 4 players, with all the villain cards going to waste. I love this game and want to introduce more people to it, but cant afford another core set.

Im sure others would pay for a POD of the core player cards.

I've gone through my cards and done some counting.

Definitely wasted cards when you buy two cores:

-Investigator cards x5

-Investigator mini-cards x5

-Weaknesses x20 (unless you house-rule their addition because it feels limited with 4 investigators)

-The Gathering (setup, locations, acts, agendas, special encounters) x15

-The Midnight Masks x20

-The Devourer Below x18

-Lita Chandler x1

=84 wasted cards

After building three decks for the scenarios with the spares from the second core, and setting aside the different cultist sets used for one of them, you're left with:

-Rats x3

-Nightgaunts x4

-Locked Doors x2

-Cult of Umôrdhoth x5

-Agents of Yog-Sothoth x4

-Agents of Shub-Niggurath x4

-Agents of Cthulhu x4

-Agents of Hastur x4

=30 extras, at least some of which are also used in Dunwich scenarios.

You'll also have a spare set of chaos tokens, the campaign guide (arguably nice to have so everybody can read) and two manuals (also debatable waste). The other tokens come in handy when you have more than two investigators.

This is a little better than Conquest, which requires three cores for a playset, wasting all the warlord cards and a bunch of mini-cards x2. Winner in efficiency is still AGoT 2e.

Do I mind? Not so much, since one of my cores was a gift. I'd still buy it if I didn't get it for free though, because now I know how it feels with and without doubles of everything. But I'd try to get it cheaper!

This is a little better than Conquest, which requires three cores for a playset, wasting all the warlord cards and a bunch of mini-cards x2. Winner in efficiency is still AGoT 2e.

I think the real winner in efficiency is the Star Wars LCG.  I think the Core set has 38 six card pods with only a handful of duplicates.  Since you are allowed to have two copies of most pods in a deck, a second core set is almost completely usable with only a handful of dead cards.

I think the real winner in efficiency is the Star Wars LCG.  I think the Core set has 38 six card pods with only a handful of duplicates.  Since you are allowed to have two copies of most pods in a deck, a second core set is almost completely usable with only a handful of dead cards.

I considered it, but docked it points for also having an expansion you need two of ;)

Here's how to make use of the spare cards from a 2nd core set:

- you can now have all 3 core set scenarios simultaneously constructed - no more fiddling

- you now have several cards with the correct backs for putting together some of the excellent fan made scenarios out there.

- you now have several cards with the correct backs for putting together some of the excellent fan made scenarios out there.

Good point! I am (almost) desperately searching for an excuse to buy another core set, and this might just tip me over. 

Edited by Sodiumbrella

Good point! I am (almost) desperately searching for an excuse to buy another core set, and this might just tip me over. 

Do it. The player card pool will grow so slowly that you need every bit of help you can get. Dunwich Legacy contents seem to be more than 50% player cards, which is more than LotR, but a few of those are investigator-specific and the cycles are about the same split as LotR. I've always found most LCGs to first get a decent card pool after the first cycle, and the slow trickle of player cards in the co-op games doesn't quite make it there before the second is over.

What i would like to see in POD is character packs; like Sister Mary, Diana Stanley or someone new. The interesting thing is they could include the character, their investigator specific cards and then a premade deck with some of the player cards from all expansions out to date. Much like they did for Warhammer adventure card game.

The big problem with POD player cards is that you can tell the difference when they are in a deck with regular cards (unless you use opaque sleeves).  It's not a problem for encounter decks because they are all POD, but it doesn't work well for player cards.

Do we need 3 or 4 core sets to be able to also have all Dunwich stories pre-built? Or are 2 core sets still enough?

Currently 2 Cores + 1 Dunwich will suffice to have all 5 Scenarios pre-built. No promises once we start getting Mythos Packs.

A lot of us have felt your pain, but this is something like their 8th LCG, and to date they haven't done anything like a core completion pack.  So don't expect to ever see the product you want.  Sorry.

And they never will. There is no upside for them in producing a box whose only reason to exist is to undermine sales of the flagship product of the line. It's a redundant product from a retailer and distributor perspective, provides only a modest savings to the consumer over the cost of simply getting an additional core set.

I would've been up for this until now, but after getting Carnivale of Horrors and seeing the player cards there with uneven cuts (most of the player cards are shifted upwards a bit for me), I don't trust POD quality control at all to be consistent enough for a player card only pack.

I would've been up for this until now, but after getting Carnivale of Horrors and seeing the player cards there with uneven cuts (most of the player cards are shifted upwards a bit for me), I don't trust POD quality control at all to be consistent enough for a player card only pack.

Yep, agreed. Unless you're using sleeves it's just too obvious which are POD and which aren't.