Sign in to follow this  
Fundough

Help! Is this enough firepower for upcoming Regionals?

Looking to take this list to Regionals next weekend:

Han Solo (Original) (46)

Adaptability (0)

Millennium Falcon Title (Evade) (1)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Hotshot Copilot (4)

Luke Skywalker (7)

(62)

Miranda Doni (29)

TLT (6)

C-3P0 (3)

(38)

Total: 100

I believe Hotshot and Luke is crazy strong at the moment vs Mindlink, Rey, Defenders to an extent, etc, so I've been looking for a wingmate for Original Han.  I've stumbled on Miranda since she's such a reliable ship on her own, but is an average of 2-4 damage per turn with no crit potential enough??  I've tried removing Luke for Gunner to make room for a 40pt Norra, but then Han doesn't do much damage at all without another EPT (and I believe PS10 is crucial for Hotshot).

What are your thoughts?  How would you feel seeing this on the other end of the table?

I would consider a Horton Salm Y-wing vs. Miranda. I like to have predator, lonewolf or something to help TLTs success rate. Horton is capable of taking one less dmage but will put out more & can utilize regen that works when you're out of firing range.
For 38 pts Horton can have BB8 , Plasma torps x2, TLT w blanks rerolled. Or R2D2 regen with one set of Plasma torps. Possibly stressbot...

This is a scary list for Rey to face, Expertise PS8 will help her care less about token stripping.

Edited by Zorprime

I would consider a Horton Salm Y-wing vs. Miranda. I like to have predator, lonewolf or something to help TLTs success rate. Horton is capable of taking one less dmage but will put out more & can utilize regen that works when you're out of firing range.

For 38 pts Horton can have BB8 , Plasma torps x2, TLT w blanks rerolled. Or R2D2 regen with one set of Plasma torps. Possibly stressbot...

This is a scary list for Rey to face, Expertise PS8 will help her care less about token stripping.

Horton is interesting.  I'd be worried about his survival without SLAM/Biggs/Blockers though.  Have you had any experience with this?  How does he hold up in a 2 ship list?

A Yt-1300 and Miranda is strong, I would find some way to lessen the points on Han so you can give Miranda some extra firepower. Like a homing missile. I did well in a recent tournament with Rey/Miranda with Miranda as a closer that is infuriating to finish off.

I know Rey/Miranda is strong because of the punch Rey can throw.  I feel like your attack order with that combo is opposite mine - strip tokens or shields with Miranda and let loose with 4-5 dice Rey attacks.  I can squeeze a homing missile on Miranda if I take off 3P0 and change out Luke to Gunner.  This make Han weaker though since I want to get over PS9 and he usually wants to evade or boost instead of focus.  Maybe the punch from Miranda is worth it?  And I dislike the idea of having to get something in a firing arc with a k-wing.  Also, without Rey crew or similar, it's hard to get TL + focus IMO.  Any thoughts with that?

Maybe more like this?

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

Rey (45)
Expertise (4)
Gunner (5)
C-3PO (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Total: 100

Miranda loses the benefit of C-3P0, but gains Plasma Torps. Perhaps the best defense is a good offense? Some 5 dice plasma torps along with Rey's Gunner should hopefully kill an enemy, and with less incoming dice, perhaps Miranda can get by without C-3P0.

I feel like that build with Expertise on Rey benefits more from Kanan to keep the stress off. Also...I was really trying to utilize Hotshot Copilot with Han's turret at a 360. That said, I do like the simple switch from 3p0 to Plasma for 3 pts.

Horton is interesting.  I'd be worried about his survival without SLAM/Biggs/Blockers though.  Have you had any experience with this?  How does he hold up in a 2 ship list?

A Yt-1300 and Miranda is strong, I would find some way to lessen the points on Han so you can give Miranda some extra firepower. Like a homing missile. I did well in a recent tournament with Rey/Miranda with Miranda as a closer that is infuriating to finish off.

I know Rey/Miranda is strong because of the punch Rey can throw.  I feel like your attack order with that combo is opposite mine - strip tokens or shields with Miranda and let loose with 4-5 dice Rey attacks.  I can squeeze a homing missile on Miranda if I take off 3P0 and change out Luke to Gunner.  This make Han weaker though since I want to get over PS9 and he usually wants to evade or boost instead of focus.  Maybe the punch from Miranda is worth it?  And I dislike the idea of having to get something in a firing arc with a k-wing.  Also, without Rey crew or similar, it's hard to get TL + focus IMO.  Any thoughts with that?

Here is what I did for every round with Miranda last tournament. Long range scanners off the bat, fly Rey and Miranda at the opponent, slowly. When that target got within range 3, focus. Now I unleashed Homing Missiles with the extra red die from Miranda's ability. 5 fully modified red dice and no evade tokens. Followed immediately by Rey's throat punch was quite devastating. 

Now, I understand it only happened once per game but I wiped ships off the table in one round, usually gunning for their most threatening ship. After that, Rey sloops and does her thing while Miranda flys away and TLT and regens. It was fun but now with Expertise I have revised my build a bit. 

Here was my tournament list. Went 4-2 and finished 14th overall out of 55 if I remember correctly. I am going to change it as Expert handling and Inertial Dampeners was fun but Rey was stressed a lot which screwed me up more then actually helping. She needs to be able to mod those dice or shes not the monster she can be. 

GIRL POWER

100 points

43 points
• Miranda Doni
K-Wing
turret.png
 Twin Laser Turret
missile.png
 Homing Missiles
crew.png
 C-3PO
modification.png
 Long Range Scanners
57 points
• Rey
YT-1300
talent.png
 Expert Handling
crew.png
 Finn
crew.png
 Kanan Jarrus
title.png
 Millennium Falcon (Segnor's Loop Version)
modification.png
 Smuggling Compartment
illicit.png
 Inertial Dampeners
Edited by migs6000

I feel like that build with Expertise on Rey benefits more from Kanan to keep the stress off. Also...I was really trying to utilize Hotshot Copilot with Han's turret at a 360. That said, I do like the simple switch from 3p0 to Plasma for 3 pts.

You can utilize Rey's turret at 360 in exactly the same way you'd utilize Han's. The difference is that your approach is better because of Rey's ability and now you have interchangeable movement with Miranda. Just because Rey has that ability doesn't mean you HAVE to try to utilize it every turn. In fact, it'll probably be easier to out-fly people if they are expecting you to try and maintain arc and you just act like a fat turret.

Han+Adapt+Luke is only 1pt less than Rey+Expertise+Gunner, but it's pretty clear that you get more attack mods with the Rey version, right? PS8 is fine in this meta. Also, if you REALLY want Hotshot, then you can pull C-3P0 for Hotshot then put Jans Ors on Miranda (instead of the plasma torp) so she can evade when it's clutch.

You make a good point, CBMarkham, and I think you're right that Rey would outperform Han in a lot of instances. Heavier-hitting, more mobile, a little tougher to take down.

So what does Han have though? He's better vs aces and doesn't get shut down by stress since he still gets actions with pilot ability and Luke. I'm still hung up on ps10 hotshot for how well that one factor has done in a handful of games for me. I feel like that alone can heavily tip a game in my favor, whereas Rey doesn't quite (theoretically) have the "auto-win" that hotshot can provide. But she's probably better in general like you've said.

You've got me wondering if I should get some practice in with her now. Even though I haven't flown her much, I'm definitely used to the yt-1300...

Swapping the plasma torps to replace 3p0 gives me a lot of confidence in still keeping Han. In most of my games, he seems to draw the attention of my opponent first, rendering 3p0 useless for a while.

Tough calls.

Can you drop engine off of Han? I know its great with big ships but if you can manage without it you can give han VI and plasma torpedoes to Miranda.

There's no point in running Han without engine. He needs ro play like an arc-dodger. You're much better off with Rey in that case.

I play a Rey, Jan Ors list that holds up pretty well.  Jan would be less durable than a Horton I'd say. 

Can you drop engine off of Han? I know its great with big ships but if you can manage without it you can give han VI and plasma torpedoes to Miranda.

There's no point in running Han without engine. He needs ro play like an arc-dodger. You're much better off with Rey in that case.

I imagine Rey needs EU more than Han does.

I imagine Rey needs EU more than Han does.

I think Rey is better off with something like Countermeasures etc. She really, really want's to get the enemy in arc to proc her abilities and Finn. She needs to be tankier rather than dodging IMHO.