Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Han/Jake vs Corran/Miranda

So for this tournament season I'm having a much larger brain freeze than normal (probably due to not having the opportunity to have as many practice games as I'm used to) and am just wondering what people views are these two lists.

The Han Jake list is one that I have flown a few times and enjoy (mostly as Jake is my favourite pilot) but Corran/Miranda (mostly due to Miranda) seem to be doing pretty well at the moment.

My main issue with them is that I haven't really flown k-wings much and at only PS8 are they going to be vulnerable to Fenn Rau setting up a range 1 shot that just blows them out of the sky.

The Han Jake list has enough of an initiative buffer to be able to get initiative and arc dodge (or at least avoid range 1 of) him but Jake does lack a little bite once the prockets have gone.

There is also a possible curve ball PS10 Poe/Corran/Cracken regen list which is great fun but a little fragile.

Anyone have much experience with these lists and how they are to use? I hear than Miranda is tricky to just pick up and use

So those two lists account for the highest Rebel placements at Worlds, and you want to know which list is better. Neither of those lists is easy to win with. The players who took these lists to top four at Worlds did it with skill in spite of a meta that made both those lists unlikely contenders.

Corran/Miranda: I've been a detractor of both Corran and Miranda since I started playing the game. Corran made a bad first impression the first time I played with him. I got turned off to Miranda by a friend that used her as a crutch for bad piloting. After worlds I decided to swallow my pride. I made a list with both those ships and vowed to give them a fair shake. I won several games, but the wins didn't come easy. The commentators at worlds talked about the patience required to fly a list like that. They sorely understated the truth. Impatience will kill Corran and Miranda, guaranteed. Flying that list made me a better player, but I had to be willing to learn. Miranda is a swiss army knife. In the hands of an amateur, she offers the simplicity of "fly in circles and regen." In the hands of MacGyver, that swiss army knife can save the free world from terrorists, communists or any other "-ist" threatening your list.

Han/Jake: I loved watching this list in action. If you've already practiced with this list, then you're proabably better off with this one than trying to learn Corran/Miranda. Fat Han is not my style; I like Rey better because she isn't dependent on C-3PO. Jake is one of my favorite pilots, but I haven't used him much since the surge in token stackers.

Edited by jmswood

That is very much what I have heard about Corran and Miranda - may be one to practice with and keep in the back pocket for another day. Miranda does seem pretty handy as she has the ability to switch upgrades and really move with the meta.

For Fat Han I am considering either switching predator for expertise or switching out C3-PO for HSCP to help push damage through and make it slightly easier for Jake to make an impact. That does hamper survivability a little bit with plenty of reliance on boost to get out of arcs