Sign in to follow this  
Sunitsa

How do you deal with Asaji Fennaroo?

Mindlink is an anti-stress mechanic.  I wouldn't necessarily look to stress as a way to beat it.

Yup, as a person who has player a fair amount of Attanni, they just laugh at stresshogs.  And this list has the greens not to worry about it much at all.

Mindlink is an anti-stress mechanic.  I wouldn't necessarily look to stress as a way to beat it.

It's primarily an action-economy mechanic TBH.  THe anti-stress part is a bonus, and stress can be a royal pain for ML lists, especially larger ones that like a ship to K turn most rounds.

It's primarily an action-economy mechanic TBH.  THe anti-stress part is a bonus, and stress can be a royal pain for ML lists, especially larger ones that like a ship to K turn most rounds.

Which the one we are talking about doesn't need to K-turn, ever. I one time managed to triple-stress Fenn, but was unable to push enough damage through. He was able to get away and then forced me to switch targets. Needless to say this list can shrug stress off pretty easily. If you do have stress mechanics, it might not be a bad idea to try and stress out Manaroo.

PARTY BUS!!!!!

Also Omega Leader is pretty good at dealong with Mindlinkers. Oh you get lots of focus? Sorry can't spend it.

OL's not in good shape against this list.  Whoever he doesn't TL of Assaj and Fenn kills him PDQ.
Got to fly him right. If you know what you are doing you will be able to keep him out of trouble. You can out PS Asajj so you can keep out of arc a littke easier. So TL Fenn to not worry about the 5 die attack. Also remember OL doesn't fly alone. He usually has some pretty potent wingman. Coming in at 26 points you have alot of room to play with.

Which the one we are talking about doesn't need to K-turn, ever. I one time managed to triple-stress Fenn, but was unable to push enough damage through. He was able to get away and then forced me to switch targets. Needless to say this list can shrug stress off pretty easily. If you do have stress mechanics, it might not be a bad idea to try and stress out Manaroo.

Stressing Manny is the best idea. This forces Asajj or Fenn to be the focus machine instead of manny running perimeter and focusing up.

PARTY BUS!!!!!

Also Omega Leader is pretty good at dealong with Mindlinkers. Oh you get lots of focus? Sorry can't spend it.

OL's not in good shape against this list.  Whoever he doesn't TL of Assaj and Fenn kills him PDQ.
Got to fly him right. If you know what you are doing you will be able to keep him out of trouble. You can out PS Asajj so you can keep out of arc a littke easier. So TL Fenn to not worry about the 5 die attack. Also remember OL doesn't fly alone. He usually has some pretty potent wingman. Coming in at 26 points you have alot of room to play with.

A 5 die attack is never not a worry.

OL's a good ship, but this isn't a brilliant matchup for him.

Yup, as a person who has player a fair amount of Attanni, they just laugh at stresshogs.  And this list has the greens not to worry about it much at all.

This. I faced a stress-Braylen and did not care one bit, it just changed who I was using as the original focus engine. That, and I just chased Braylen with Asajj, since he kept taking evades for me ;). Plus, have you seen all the green on those dials?

The one time it really hurt was damaged engine on Asajj, I lost that one by 4 point to a Miranda that would have gone off the board the next round. Both my big ships were below half health and her Warden had died. She regened so many shield because I couldn't turn Asajj around fast enough to chase her with 2 ships.

I wasn't in tune completely, but I saw a one-sided game where Paratanni took it on the chin; I saw two Defenders and I know one was a /D because of the ion tokens on the board...and this guy was up front and personal:

4B325BD5-7638-4AC6-9F30-733BF8BB8A03.png

Carnor treads a fine, fine line versus Parattani for the same reason OL does.

Fenn can force through damage even without his focus token, and Assaj can tank his damage even without her focus and evade, not to mention that a double stressed Squint is a dead Squint.

Carnor treads a fine, fine line versus Parattani for the same reason OL does.

Yeah it's for brave/elite. Generally it's VI not PTL (out-PS Fenn, don't die to Asajj stress) and Carnor isn't trying to deal damage, just nerf focus and stay out of arc while Defenders do the work. I like it as an option to the shuttle for the same cost - asks different questions.

Edited by Stay On The Leader

The stresshog really isn't to take advantage of mindlink, its to stop fenn/manaroo from taking their own actions namely repositions. Stress also helps by making the list predictable for bombing runs. They have a lot of greens, but still more predictable than a wide open dial. 

I agree that Fen should be the first choice. Asaj is the anvil of the list. You want your opponent throwing their dice at her so that Fen can safely enter range 1 and stay there.

The other thing is this: If you force Fen to fly defensively, then you have removed Parattani's big gun from the fight. Manaroo and Asaj don't pack enough punch to get through token stacked green dice, or to bring down a high health ship quickly enough. That said, a range 1 shot from Asaj with a focus/lock is still gonna sting.

To be honest, I am struggling myself to find Parattanni counter, and there is no a real one. There is some list I find evenly matched tho, and this includes:

Super Corran + Super Miranda (World runner-up Kevin Leintz's list)

Super Miranda + 2 TLT (Jan Swirski's Czech/Slovakia National Champ build)

Swarm Defenders aka DeathStar (Vessery Swarm Leader, PTL Ryad, Delta)

Crack Defenders

Commonwealth Defenders (but only masterfully flown)

Some Carnor Jax builds (Karol Pietrowicz's builds like from Tricity Polish Regio last week)

Decimator + Vader, Gunner, Hotshot and Ryad Juke (Phil Horny's build)

Scum Aces (my clubmate Dydu's version: PTL Fenn, VI Teroch, VI Zuckuss)

And really, those are not hard counters - must be flown good to hit Parattanni :(

As for target priority, speaking from Parattanni player perspective: it's irrelevant. If you after something just kill it quick.

But if you focus on Manaroo it's fine because she has lowest firepower, so big guns can hurt you for longer.

If you focus on Fenn it's fine because he's slippery enough to give rest of the squad time to hit you hard from behind.

If you focus on Asajj it's fine because she's supposed to be focused on.