Sign in to follow this  
Archangelspiv

I may be in need of FFG support.... some help those that can please.

Hey everyone, as it says in the title....

Long story short I had about 8 small ships in a container ready for a friendly demo for later in the day. As I was getting ready I received a phone call, after I hung up I went to get the container...but it wasn't on my coffee table anymore. A short look revealed that my Husky decided that the box needed to be outside. She destroyed the container and about 6 of the ships. Pretty much 3 TIEs with snapped wings, 2 Interceptors suffering the same fate and a couple of others with lesser wounds.

My question is... should I contact FFG support? Or will they think it's a funny story and leave it at that, too bad so sad??? I have photos, I don't want to buy replacements, but it could be the only option.

Cheers all,

Arch.

They are damaged now....

Cheers guys, not the answer I wanted, but the answer I was expecting.

Thanks for the quick response

The wings are all snapped, I tried super glue, but I can't get the wings straight which is messing with my head more than it should.

Edited by Archangelspiv

Ive snapped off a wing or two and managed to repair them with model glue. The glue tends to melt the plastic a bit, but with some patience, youcan get them back together to make some servicable ships.

They are damaged now....

Cheers guys, not the answer I wanted, but the answer I was expecting.

Thanks for the quick response

The wings are all snapped, I tried super glue, but I can't get the wings straight which is messing with my head more than it should.

If you haven't seen it check out the "derpfender." It will make you feel a lot better about crooked wings.

FFG replaces missing parts or damaged/defects in the production of the model. This isn't one of those cases so you should use your insurance to cover it.

insurance doesn't cover hobbies.

Sorry pal you have to buy all your models all over again. Good luck on Ebay, and hope your Husky finds a good home too.

FFG replaces missing parts or damaged/defects in the production of the model. This isn't one of those cases so you should use your insurance to cover it.

insurance doesn't cover hobbies.

Sorry pal you have to buy all your models all over again. Good luck on Ebay, and hope your Husky finds a good home too.

Sure they do, register them as "collections". In general they can be tricky to value so you really want it specified in the policy.  However, it may well be different in other countries but it is certainly fine in New Zealand.  But then again, I'm not sure they would cover dog attacks unfortunately.  

Generally insurance doesn't cover damage caused by Domestic Pets. (some do) but they will cover the ships if you have accidental damage cover and they are dropped etc. 

any pics of the damage? personally i'd file flat the ends of the struts then see how i can get them as straight as i can. also 3d Debris sounds like a cool idea for the ones that cant be fixed.

The worst thing they can tell you is no. Contact them.

Just be nice in your email.

I just dropped my Gozanti and broke the pegs on the front and 2 of the TIEs.  On the plus side, I was able to superglue everything so it looks OK; on the down side, 2 of the TIEs can't be detached.

Not FFGs fault I'm clumsy; I would never think to ask them to replace my ships.

sell the broken pieces on ebay for modders and terrain builders, sell the cards to folks to might not have bought those expansion packs but have the models, & use the proceeds to replace some of your ships.

Best idea yet.

Should work pretty easily at recouping the loss.