Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Biggs excorting Poe and Jake to regionals

Hi guys

Is this likely to have much in the way of life at regionals?

PS9 Poe

Predator

Sensor Cluster

R2-D2

Autothrusters

Jake

VI

PTL

Refit

Title

AT's

Biggs

R4-D8

IA

I would have liked procket Jake but would lose AT's on Poe and Jake which I think may be of more use than one attack with an extra 2 dice. I was hoping to run Poe, Jake and Ahsoka but that seems unlikely now.

Any feedback/criticism appreciated

I make that 98 points (please correct me if I am wrong). Do you think it is worth spending a point on the Black One title? I realise that Poe will normally want to Focus but some alpha strike lists seem to be creeping back into the meta (particularly with Bossk) so the ability to shave off target locks might be valuable (Biggs won't protect you from ordnance as per the latest FAQ).

Or do you feel you need the 2 point bid to reliably make use of your two PS9 aces?

Do you mean R4-D6 on Biggs?

That aside, looks nice.

I'd suggest that Autothrusters may be less vital with sensor clusters, although I must admit that the potential to turn [blank] [blank] [focus] into three evades plus regenerate a shield is pretty **** tempting

I make that 98 points (please correct me if I am wrong). Do you think it is worth spending a point on the Black One title? I realise that Poe will normally want to Focus but some alpha strike lists seem to be creeping back into the meta (particularly with Bossk) so the ability to shave off target locks might be valuable (Biggs won't protect you from ordnance as per the latest FAQ).

Or do you feel you need the 2 point bid to reliably make use of your two PS9 aces?

I guess it would protect from Deadeye ordinance but not when using TL's. I hadn't really thought of that, maybe black one may be more useful that I thought. I know a lot of the Fengaroo lists are about the 97-98 mark so it may not make that much difference between 98 and 99 points

Do you mean R4-D6 on Biggs?

That aside, looks nice.

I'd suggest that Autothrusters may be less vital with sensor clusters, although I must admit that the potential to turn [blank] [blank] [focus] into three evades plus regenerate a shield is pretty **** tempting

Yeah, that's my bad. And if it was only AT's on Poe I would probably drop them for IA but I guess if I dropped them on Jake as well could give him some guidance chips to make sure of the 5 dice strike (but then any initiative bid goes too)

Only thing i would change is Poe to: 

PtL,R2D2, Pattern Analyzer,AT, Title

Whilst very effective, that version of Poe is extremely vulnerable to being blocked (something that is a distinct risk when you will be mostly sticking to Greens). Whilst not having the same level of synergy, the OP's version retains his predator reroll when blocked or stressed. Both builds have their merits and I don't think that one is outright better than the other.

Only thing i would change is Poe to: 

PtL,R2D2, Pattern Analyzer,AT, Title

Whilst very effective, that version of Poe is extremely vulnerable to being blocked (something that is a distinct risk when you will be mostly sticking to Greens). Whilst not having the same level of synergy, the OP's version retains his predator reroll when blocked or stressed. Both builds have their merits and I don't think that one is outright better than the other.

Few points in PtL-build defence:

-When blocked both are screwed thats the truth  :P Pred will or will not be better in this scenario cause block means 50% of time you got no shot.

-PtL requires a bit of fancy flying to avoid blocks, true - but you can suprise so-to-be-blocker with TRoll > PtL. You are not limited to greens like other PtL builds - they are just an option thats why its so good.

-Boost is almost nonexistent on non PtL Poe - less value of B1.

-When not in risk of block PtL build is vastly superior.

Edited by Vitalis

PTL Poe is just bad right now. 

If you go against Parattani, you will not even use PTL as, if you get second stress on Poe, you become too predictable and too easy prey.

Right now, R2D2 and PTL as much as it looks good, is also a bit of a trap vs good player, that knows that you need to regen or shed stress. Especially right now stress control comming back in.

So

PS9 Poe

Predator

Sensor Cluster

R2-D2

Autothrusters

is much better that PTL right now.  If you want PTL, i suggest go BB-8, to reveal Green, BR, PTL TL or Focus and shed stress and if you bump, you still have focus if needed and predator also.

If you go against Parattani, you will not even use PTL as, if you get second stress on Poe, you become too predictable and too easy prey.

Right now, R2D2 and PTL as much as it looks good, is also a bit of a trap vs good player, that knows that you need to regen or shed stress. Especially right now stress control comming back in.

So

PS9 Poe

Predator

Sensor Cluster

R2-D2

Autothrusters

is much better that PTL right now.  If you want PTL, i suggest go BB-8, to reveal Green, BR, PTL TL or Focus and shed stress and if you bump, you still have focus if needed and predator also.

I'm with Ter Ter on this. Even though the talon roll/PTL combo is nice you are ending that with double stress which is not where any ace wants to be really (I will concede this is not always the case - Dengaroo Dengar and Tycho don't really care about stress)

So

PS9 Poe

Predator

Sensor Cluster

R2-D2

Autothrusters

And where that double stress should come from...?

If you criticise the combo at least bother to learn how it works.

Unless I'm very much mistaken:

Perform a red manoeuvre

Perform an action

PTL to perform a second action - take a stress

Take the delayed stress for pattern analyser.

I make that two stress, where am I going wrong with it?

I'm not agree with Ter Ter. Actually, I'm playing this Poe version:

Poe (PS9)

PtL

r5-p9

PA

AT

(Title optional)

with r5-p9 you are less predictable cos you don't need green maneuvers to shields recovery and with PtL and PA you could make 2 actions without stress.

I think this version is more versatile than predators version. 

I dont think you have enough offensive firepower. I see you doing almost nothing to x7 defenders, and not enough damage fast enough vs hard hitters like Bossk and Dengar. Every round those guys live is just damage you are eating with Zuckuss, R4-B11, 4-lom etc.

I would think a stresshog would be better than Biggs in this list, allowing you to punch through defenses with Poe and Jake.

That Poe is beefy and tanky, a good ship for a two ship build with Dash or Rey maybe. A hard hitter your opponent can't afford to let survive while they spend time trying to take down the Poe Tank.

Perform a red manoeuvre

Perform an action

With red maneuver , yes of course, but TerTer was talking about Parattani and Asajj with double stress in mind. That indicates he didnt even bother to analise the combo.

So

PS9 Poe

Predator

Sensor Cluster

R2-D2

Autothrusters

And where that double stress should come from...?

If you criticise the combo at least bother to learn how it works.

I said: "If you go against Parattani, you will not even use PTL as, if you get second stress on Poe, you become too predictable and too easy prey." So read it, if you go vs Parattani, so that means Asajj, so if you still PTL, you might get second stress. Also second stress can be from Stress bot, if you K-Turn and use PTL, Tactician, get Crit for stress and such. 

Perform a red manoeuvre

Perform an action

With red maneuver , yes of course, but TerTer was talking about Parattani and Asajj with double stress in mind. That indicates he didnt even bother to analise the combo.

Yes i know the combo. If Asajj wants evade, he can use Latts, but he can just take that 1 damage, and if you PTL, leave you with 2 stress. Good luck surviving then.

I'm not agree with Ter Ter. Actually, I'm playing this Poe version:

Poe (PS9)

PtL

r5-p9

PA

AT

(Title optional)

with r5-p9 you are less predictable cos you don't need green maneuvers to shields recovery and with PtL and PA you could make 2 actions without stress.

I think this version is more versatile than predators version. 

If you want no stress and 2 actions, you need to stick to green moves. That makes you predictable.

Also Poe can be blocked, so PTL loses out vs Predator on firepower. But yes i agree, that if played correct PTL can be more powerful, to avoid arcs (boost), get TL and focus. Depends on the playstyle.

So

PS9 Poe

Predator

Sensor Cluster

R2-D2

Autothrusters

In the current meta, as this is a regional tournament list, the build posted by TerTer is definitely the most successful. In reading what you are asking for, i.e. taking this to a regional, this is the way to build Poe.

That being said, you don't have enough damage in your list. Jake with no rockets, even at range one, will most likely do no damage to Fenn, Shadowcasters, Defenders, etc.

Edited by Fozzyman

So

PS9 Poe

Predator

Sensor Cluster

R2-D2

Autothrusters

In the current meta, as this is a regional tournament list, the build posted by TerTer is definitely the most successful. In reading what you are asking for, i.e. taking this to a regional, this is the way to build Poe.

That being said, you don't have enough damage in your list. Jake with no rockets, even at range one, will most likely do no damage to Fenn, Shadowcasters, Defenders, etc.

Yeah, that Poe build is the one that I had in my original post. With Jake it's a tricky call but a lot of the options that would do some damage would just get burnt down so quickly it's a bit of a balancing act and I guess I'm aiming to play the long game and to chip away at opponents whilst keeping out of arcs