Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

Nerf queens please. Proposed fix

Ok.  Now you can choose which chess pieces to take to the table.  Enjoy your game now every piece is a queen.

Idiotic topic.

Dood, what kind of 10,000 point super epic chess are you playing? There's no way you could fit more than 3 queens in one list for a standard 100 pt game. Next thing you will try to convince me I can take 8 Defenders in a list because you can take an 8 TIE Fighter swarm list and 'just queen it up'.

Idiotic topic, indeed! Thanks for playing. Is it April 1st yet?

Yeah, that was kind of my point... try to keep up!

yeah, I got that. But did you get..

The Sarcasm!!!!

And yeah, the fact this topic is going towards a legit 'alternate chess' direction is just priceless!

The queen isn't a OP piece. It's a unique upgrade, so you're capped at one in a list. I'm more concerned about the generic Pawn Swarm, its got the weight of numbers on its side.

For tournament play, chess can be balanced by adding go pieces on the corners of each square, then moving them in a Othello-style way to capture territory. At the end of each round, you get reinforcements based upon how many squares you have majority over. Of course, you have to guess at the value of each go piece you're taking (displayed on its underside), and if its higher than yours you lose the battle and take -1 MoV. Once you pass Go you get $200 to spend on property quares, which in turn charge your opponents rent for landing their chess pieces on them. Of course, if you do win a game your opponent can declare that they're Necrons, and on a 3+ reanimate their entire team.

Meta-game, activate!

The queen isn't a OP piece. It's a unique upgrade, so you're capped at one in a list. I'm more concerned about the generic Pawn Swarm, its got the weight of numbers on its side.

For tournament play, chess can be balanced by adding go pieces on the corners of each square, then moving them in a Othello-style way to capture territory. At the end of each round, you get reinforcements based upon how many squares you have majority over. Of course, you have to guess at the value of each go piece you're taking (displayed on its underside), and if its higher than yours you lose the battle and take -1 MoV. Once you pass Go you get $200 to spend on property quares, which in turn charge your opponents rent for landing their chess pieces on them. Of course, if you do win a game your opponent can declare that they're Necrons, and on a 3+ reanimate their entire team.

Meta-game, activate!

Queens aren't a unique upgrade. Utilize the Pawn's Title once you move into the enemy deployment zone and watch your King build a harem.