Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

Nerf queens please. Proposed fix

the lack of green dice sux as you always get 1 shot and thats it.....

One hit and done for small based ships should have been the rule, with shields and evade tokens being the only counter to hits. These green dice, they are just too....fickle.

Rooks were OK even without the title. You just usually ended up sacrificing one of them to gain optimal positioning afterwards.

Now with X7 rooks you can keep both in play longer and just clog up the lanes with other stuff.

An early queenside castle from the opponent is still viable to counter aggressive rooks

For hundreds of years we have had to deal with queens moving any number of squares in ANY direction.

It's ruined game balance for too long and it's time for a fix.

Queen should only be able to move to the left and only three squares at most.

It doesn't matter that top players don't even win games with the queen.

It's stupidly over powered.

Its not hundreds of years its thousands of years  :P

and ye i get you stop whining nerf queens !

Edited by Shivaja

Which they did, by getting players to play both colours in tournaments.

WHOA.

Thats   IT!!!

tournament format where a round consists of two games. and you swap sides and play the other guys list against your own.

Netrunner does it, with their asymmetrical play, though each game is a lot shorter.

I think most players would be 100% on board with that.  Round length etc would be the cost but if a tournament format could be established that allowed it then it would be very interesting and challenging to play in.  You'd probably have to kill Swiss to create something like lots of Round Robin pods with top players going into the cut.

x/7 rooks are OP and ruin the whole game. They need to change the cost and the rook can't get an evade if it will hurt the opponent's feelings. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some tissues.

Hey, as long as people don't mess with my /D rooks, i'm happy, nothing more amusing than disabling then killing my opponent's queen

Ok.  Now you can choose which chess pieces to take to the table.  Enjoy your game now every piece is a queen.

Idiotic topic.

Dood, what kind of 10,000 point super epic chess are you playing? There's no way you could fit more than 3 queens in one list for a standard 100 pt game. Next thing you will try to convince me I can take 8 Defenders in a list because you can take an 8 TIE Fighter swarm list and 'just queen it up'.

Idiotic topic, indeed! Thanks for playing. Is it April 1st yet?

Ok.  Now you can choose which chess pieces to take to the table.  Enjoy your game now every piece is a queen.

Idiotic topic.

Dood, what kind of 10,000 point super epic chess are you playing? There's no way you could fit more than 3 queens in one list for a standard 100 pt game. Next thing you will try to convince me I can take 8 Defenders in a list because you can take an 8 TIE Fighter swarm list and 'just queen it up'.

Idiotic topic, indeed! Thanks for playing. Is it April 1st yet?

Yeah, that was kind of my point... try to keep up!