Sign in to follow this  
CornyTDog2000

A space base

A mined-out asteroid, or a derelict capital ship, or abandoned space station... the possibilities are endless. If you want more detailed options, check out Far Horizons and Strongholds of Resistance, those should give you some ideas.

Oh you need to check out the Order 66 podcast, they did a two parter (stop it freaking spell checker!) on this very subject particularly focused on the Far Horizons supplement the one Edge of The Empire book dealing with the Marshal career!

Made me think about a spaceship left attached to a base similar to the one shown in Star Wars Rebels first season so it could be an operational base!

Give them a listen there's bound to be threads on the two books they referred to!

Edited by copperbell

Yeah, I don't have the AoR books other than the core so can't comment on the Strongholds book, but the Homestead rules from Far Horizons sound perfect for it.  Homestead is given as an alternative to the ship as the main resource for EotE campaigns, same as AoR get to choose between starfighters, shuttle, or base.  

Thinking about this, I would say the Homestead rules may even work better if the base is representative of an undercover hideout.  You could set it up as a mining station or farm as the options are very similar and gives it a cover story, or you could instead choose the Business option instead if the base is more of a Safehouse than an actual base.  A Pizza Joint where people can order pepperami along with a slice of DEFIANCE!  *Ba-dum tish*

Edited by Flintlock Jazz

Thinking about this, I would say the Homestead rules may even work better if the base is representative of an undercover hideout.  You could set it up as a mining station or farm as the options are very similar and gives it a cover story, or you could instead choose the Business option instead if the base is more of a Safehouse than an actual base. 

I like this. It makes me think of a combination--a location like Dannar's claim from the Kenobi novel, and activities similar to those from Season 1 of Rebels. The PCs could start with some smaller mission, such as sabotage, materiel theft and the like, and then move on to bigger and better things. Eventually the Empire would catch up with them, though. 

-Nate