Sign in to follow this  
Cgriffith

What is your favorite list

Obviously these responses will greatly depend on what faction you fly, and your local meta; but what is, what the favorite and why do you like it so much?

Faction: Rebel

Ships: Millenium Falcon & T-70 X-WING

Current record with build: 13-0 this has something to do with way I like it a lot, especially in a local meta (SE Michigan) where I see imperial and many Scum ships most my opponents are surprised by the two ship build, and are surprised Poe is one of the ships. The Rey/Finn combo is great offensively and defensively; but what surprises my opponents is the crew of C3PO and the old title making the 1 agility Falcon effectively 2 agility. Poe is run as a PS 10 and while the debate is always arc-dodging or overall tankiness I always go tanky; R2D2, SC, and Authothrusters, plus the title make Poe annoying and hard to kill.

So what's yours?

Edited by Cgriffith

Squadron y.u.b.

4-1 with it, i deploy my u-wing facing me in landing mode, then do a 0 kturn while Keyan and my tlt bomber y move forward one. I think the deploying the u-wing backwards messes with my opponents somewhat, however, it falls to anything that does a lot of damage and is very evasive

My favorite general list that started with Wave 1 is Vader w/ 5 Tie Fighters.  I'm happy that Swarm Leader has brought it back.  The latest list is:

I have you now

Vader w/ X1, ATC, Engine Upgrade, and Swarm Leader

Night Beast

4 x Academy Pilot

I've only flown this list once, but won against a good player.  I'm not saying it's going to win Worlds, but it's my favorite.

My favorite general list that started with Wave 1 is Vader w/ 5 Tie Fighters.  I'm happy that Swarm Leader has brought it back.  The latest list is:

I have you now

Vader w/ X1, ATC, Engine Upgrade, and Swarm Leader

Night Beast

4 x Academy Pilot

I've only flown this list once, but won against a good player.  I'm not saying it's going to win Worlds, but it's my favorite.

Hey, as long as you enjoy flying it, you've already won, even if you lose, you've won

Squadron y.u.b.

4-1 with it, i deploy my u-wing facing me in landing mode, then do a 0 kturn while Keyan and my tlt bomber y move forward one. I think the deploying the u-wing backwards messes with my opponents somewhat, however, it falls to anything that does a lot of damage and is very evasive

That's a very innovative way of starting, especially at setup; Running Keyan is also a surprise what is his loadout?

Squadron y.u.b.

That's a very innovative way of starting, especially at setup; Running Keyan is also a surprise what is his loadout?
B-wing/e2'ing ezra

Advanced sensors

Trick shot

HLC

Mindlinked scyks. I lost my fourth on the way to a tourney, but 3 + something is a barrel of laughs. When flown well, they can really punch, but mindlink takes some practice. Order of activation gets really important, and when facing a stress list, clearing stress can be an awful chore. But, boy howdy! They are fun to fly.

Faction: Imperium

Fave ship: Used to be the TIE Interceptor for years (and some more years before there was X-Wing), but I've really started to like the TIE/sf for its shenanigans. I still prefer the shape of the Interceptor of course.

The list changes all the time. I'm a Johnny.

Edited by haslo

Asajj Ventress - Mindlink, slicers, dengar

Manaroo - Mindlink, slicers, k4, unhinged

Black Sun Ace - Mindlink, slicers

It's very fun to fly and a good all comers list. Action economy flows everywhere, any stress is punished hard, and no ship is a particularly easy first target. Ventress is the real star of the show but manaroo and the k fighter are both good enough to finish a game without her.

Bossk: Fearlessness, Mangler, 4LOM, Dengar, Zuckess, ID

Cartel Spacer: Title + Ion cannon

Fenn Rau: Expertise, autothrusters, title

I like Expertise on Fenn over Fearlessness because it always works (aside from stress) not just range 1 head to head, and it frees up his action for boosting or barrel roll to either arc dodge or get in that sweet spot of range 1.  AT increases his durability at range 3 - just never ever let him stay in R2.

Bossk likes trying to convert his crit to double hits, at least until the shields are down.  Standard party bus crew to help him do it.

Cartel Spacer likes to lock things down and set Bossk up for the next round with some juicy targets.

Is it competitive?  Probably not.  But it's been a lot of fun at our casual games.

"Quickdraw" (29)
Adaptability (0)
Fire-Control System (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Special Ops Training (0)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Expertise (4)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

"Deathfire" (17)
Extra Munitions (2)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)
Conner Net (4)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

This is really becoming such a fun list to fly. Quickdraw is PS10 with Primed Thrusters, always able to get her arc on someone so she can return fire. Wanted crackshot, but PS10 is super important when Fenn Rau and the ilk are around. A mean alpha with Concussion missiles, and FCS setting up Vessery. Deathfire has LRS to TL for Vess, Ion missiles and Conners (although leaning Clusters for more damage) to control those big ships and k-wings.

-Bomber K-wings with Sabine. Lots of fun.

-Sabine in the attack shuttle with predator, TLT and Chewbacca is my other favorite. Shame I can't run them at the same time :(

Could you imagine the shenogians if we could use multi-faction builds in list (ex. Defender x2, and Rey or Manaroo)

Edited by Cgriffith

Regen Poe and TLT Miranda - simply because that's what I played in my very first tournament (and was very close to winning half the games with!) But I'm also a big fan of Dash with a Ghost, even though I haven't had as much success with it... If only Poe was as good today as he was a year ago :)

Keyan Farlander (42)

Heavy Laser Cannon

Opportunist

Fire Control System

Horton Salm (31)

Twin Laser Turret

Biggs Darklighter (26)

R2 Astromech

Integrated Astromech

99 Points.

Keyan is crazy stupid damage. Horton strips tokens for him, and Biggs protects both. Its a bit of a glass cannon, but I've one-shot a starviper with the madness of Keyan.

It's been a while since I've flown it, but I think of all the lists I've built (And that is a hefty number to keep track of), this one has still given me the most fun

Colonel Jendon - 26 points

Emperor Palpatine - 8 points

ST-321 - 3 points

Maarek Stele - 27 points

Calculation - 1 point

TIE/x1 - (-4) points

Advanced Targeting Computer - 5 points

Darth Vader - 29 points

TIE/x1 - (-4 points)

Advanced Targeting Computer - 5 points

Leaving me with four points to spare. I often fiddled around with those last four points on Vader, between giving him an Engine Upgrade, Juke, Predator, ect. I think I had the most success with Predator, though Engine Upgrade was pretty great too. 

Maarek Stele was easily the most fun part of this squad. I know you all probably think using Colonel Jendon with ST-321 is a huge waste of points compared to a simple Omnicron Group Pilot, but there've been times where the target lock he provided with Stele, along with Stele's Calculation, have let me one-shot an opponent's ship on the first round of combat. I'd say the extra 8 points are worth it in this build. Rolling a hit, blank, and eyeball result against a YV-666 with one shield remaining, and still managing to destroy it with that shot is still the most satisfying kill I've ever had in X-Wing. Added a crit with ATC, converted the eye to a crit with Calculation, and turned the blank into a crit with Palp. The hit took out the last shield, and with Maarek's ability, all three crits were Direct Hits. It was beautiful.

Edited by Underachiever599

I'm sure it's not particularly high level competitive but it's a lot of fun.

Imperial:

Gozanti (turret and some random stuff)

Vader (EU)

Soontir Fel (ptl, at, sd)

Galen Rudor (ptl, title)

2* Royal Guard interceptors (ptl, at)

2* Lambda Shuttles (naked)

5* Academy Ties (naked)

Fel and his lads hitch in on the Gozanti, and clean up late game.

Meanwhile Vader and Rudor go in with a wall of fighters to focus fire down aces. I fly them as a swarm (and actual RotJ swarm not a tight formation) constantly weaving about, exploding then focussing in from different directions. It's tiring to avoid bump city but so satisfying when you hit a decimator from all sides and drill it down.

The shuttles do their usual slow graceful flanking swoop and start pounding fire into the enemy flank.

Considering changing it up and giving the Gozanti ion torpedoes, though making that worth it gets expensive so I'm not sure.

TIE Advance Evolution

Darth Vader (29)
Adaptability (0)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Certainly not competitive, but it just a fun and thematic list to fly. Leaving out engine upgrade and taking predator and juke instead works too, but all 8s is even more fun if you don't need the PS10. 

My favorite current list, although not competitive in my hands at least. I went 2-4 at Regionals but lost a couple of games due to poor flying. Raging Chewy is a blast!

Chewbacca (52) - YT-1300

Rage (1), Homing Missiles (5), Inspiring Recruit (1), Kanan Jarrus (3), Guidance Chips (0)

Resistance Sympathizer (48) - YT-1300

Homing Missiles (5), Cassian Andor (2), Rey (2), Millennium Falcon (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Turns out I like swarms and scum jank and shennanigans, so I am currently rocking:

Contracted Scout x2

Trick Shot

R4 Agromech

Feedback Array

Binayre Pirate x3

Feedback Array

I'll have to sneak a quadjumper or two in once they come out though.