Sign in to follow this  
DirbYh

Waiting for G̶o̶d̶o̶t̶ Rebel Veterans

I am now of the belief that it will be an E-Wing and a HWK-290 expansion, for this reason alone:  

They are the only Pre-Wave V Rebel Ships to have not received at least 2 expansions.

I don't think this reason is enough. Scum aces will come first. And rebel y-wing and z-95 dont benefit from most wanted at all.

If it's not a dual X-Wing pack with a Partisan and Blue Squad X-Wings (plus maybe some extra goodies for the E and Y Wings), I'll eat my hat.

EDIT:  I think I can safely say that actor is pulling the face we'd all make if given the chance to 'suit up' and pretend to be flying an X-Wing in combat.

Edited by Dr Zoidberg

Just because we got Rebel and Imperial Aces does not guarantee the pattern will be repeated. Maybe HOTR was the equivalent of Imperial Veterans.

Now it might be nice if we get Rebel Veterans and Villains of the First Order packs but I am not convinced.

Heroes of the Resistance WAS the rebel aces pack for this cycle.  It's called such in at least one of the articles, and IIRC one of the developers called it an aces pack in one of their interviews as well.

I'm certain we'll get a scum pack before we get a rebel vets.

Wow! That topic title made it really depressing.

Pilot: .Vladimir

Ship: t-65 X-Wing

PS: 4

You cannot leave the battlefield before Godot arrives.

While Estragon is on the table, you cannot be removed from the board.

Pilot: .Estragon

Ship: t-65 X-Wing

PS: 4

You cannot leave the battlefield before Godot arrives.

While Vladimir is on the table, you cannot be removed from the board.

I've been holding back saying this for fear of a backlash, but every time I see a Rebel Veterans thread it keeps popping into my mind. Is Heroes of the Resistance not the Rebel Veterans equivalent expansion? I'm sure I've heard it said by one of the FFG developers in a youtube clip. 

EDIT: PS I should say I really want a proper Rebel Veterans expansion before anyone shoots me down... I'm just not holding my breath for anytime soon.

Edited by ghotio

Heroes of the Resistance WAS 'Rebel Veterans' - it amazes me that people still don't seem to put that together.

Any future Aces-type pack for the Rebels is likely to contain the E-Wing (to make pilots other than Corran viable without accidentally making him overpowered) over the Y-Wing (which really doesn't need any help at present), and since HotR was the most recent Ace pack I would not expect to see another for the Rebels for quite some time yet.

I don't think this reason is enough. Scum aces will come first. And rebel y-wing and z-95 dont benefit from most wanted at all.

They do gain upgrades - the question being whether those upgrades are any good.

Look, FFG can't ignore the release of Rogue One, or they face missing sales opportunities. More people are going to be out there looking to buy Rogue One related merchandise, which if released in expansion form, could lead to a heightened level of game purchases to acquire that expansion. What the market is NOT interested in is an expansion of 2 Legends ships that nobody has ever heard of, nor has even been in a movie. Blue Squadron was very prominently featured in Rogue One, which was a major, and very successful, theatrical release. The chances of seeing Scum Aces before getting a Blue Squadron pack is absolutely nil. Disney and LFL absolutely would not let them get away with it.

Not only that, but it's a GOLDEN, no, it's a PLATINUM opportunity to revisit and re-balance the X-Wing, one that FFG simply cannot afford to pass up, considering they may never get the chance again, as new movies probably won't feature the original T-65 X-Wing that prominently. 

tl;dr more people actually give a **** about X-Wings and Y-Wings on the whole of the Star Wars fan base than the kihrhyzxzhzzazx and the space butterfly, and only one of those in the group were in Rogue One, one of the biggest movie events of the year.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Look, FFG can't ignore the release of Rogue One, or they face missing sales opportunities. More people are going to be out there looking to buy Rogue One related merchandise, which if released in expansion form, could lead to a heightened level of game purchases to acquire that expansion. What the market is NOT interested in is an expansion of 2 Legends ships that nobody has ever heard of, nor has even been in a movie. Blue Squadron was very prominently featured in Rogue One, which was a major, and very successful, theatrical release. The chances of seeing Scum Aces before getting a Blue Squadron pack is absolutely nil. Disney and LFL absolutely would not let them get away with it.

Not only that, but it's a GOLDEN, no, it's a PLATINUM opportunity to revisit and re-balance the X-Wing, one that FFG simply cannot afford to pass up, considering they may never get the chance again, as new movies probably won't feature the original T-65 X-Wing that prominently. 

tl;dr more people actually give a **** about X-Wings and Y-Wings on the whole of the Star Wars fan base than the kihrhyzxzhzzazx and the space butterfly, and only one of those in the group were in Rogue One, one of the biggest movie events of the year.

In an interview at worlds it was said the the lesser loved ships you be getting attention soon the m3, kihrhyzxzhzzazxyzxzhzzazx, starviper and x wing were all mention so it will come but you my have to wait

In an interview at worlds it was said the the lesser loved ships you be getting attention soon the m3, kihrhyzxzhzzazxyzxzhzzazx, starviper and x wing were all mention so it will come but you my have to wait

Well, of that list, expect the X-Wing first. They have so much material to work with regarding the X-Wing it's not even funny.

Well, of that list, expect the X-Wing first. They have so much material to work with regarding the X-Wing it's not even funny.

and the y wing  ..... I saw y wings out flying tie fighter