WuFame

Moff Jerjerrod is the greatest thing to happen to the Empire since the dissolving of the senate

I really want to success with fleets with him as admiral, but I don't know if it bad luck or simply I don't know how to use him, because I always lost and by a great margin. I tried with isd, raider, demo, and nothing works

I used him in CC with Arquitens (4 of them) and he was beautiful. Cruise at speed 2 with a maneuver token. Then you never dial in a maneuver again.

Just alternate between CF and Eng (to repair Jerjer damage) and you can twist and turn all over the battlefield - 90 degree turns on demand.

5 minutes ago, Democratus said:

I used him in CC with Arquitens (4 of them) and he was beautiful. Cruise at speed 2 with a maneuver token. Then you never dial in a maneuver again.

Just alternate between CF and Eng (to repair Jerjer damage) and you can twist and turn all over the battlefield - 90 degree turns on demand.

IMHO, Ozzel is a better choice for the arquittens. You have to use the command variant with engine techs, which allows you to go from speed 1 to speed 4. He also allows you to stop on a dime, and complete a speed two  turn, each with two yaw, courtesy of techs. And you save those valuable shields. 

Edited by Warlord Zepnick

2 minutes ago, Warlord Zepnick said:

IMHO, Ozzel is a better choice for the arquittens. You have to use the command variant with engine techs, which allows you to go from speed 1 to speed 4. He also allows you to stop on a dime, and complete a speed two  turn, each with two yaw, courtesy of techs. And you save those valuable shields. 

If you can spare +13 for each Arquitens (+5 for CC, +8 for ET) then this is a good choice. For that cost I can put Enhanced Armament on each ship and have points to spare. 4 Arquitens was a tight fit so I needed points to buy my squadrons, flotillas, and other upgrades. 

Ozzel requires repeated maneuver commands to use his power - which means you aren't doing CF. Which means you aren't getting the most out of your side arcs, especially if you have spent so much you don't have good firepower upgrades for your Arquitens. With JerJer I've never needed more than the single maneuver command on turn 1 to put a token on my ship.

I'm very biased, of course. So don't take my views for anything but a Jerjerrod fan! :D

8 minutes ago, Democratus said:

If you can spare +13 for each Arquitens (+5 for CC, +8 for ET) then this is a good choice. For that cost I can put Enhanced Armament on each ship and have points to spare. 4 Arquitens was a tight fit so I needed points to buy my squadrons, flotillas, and other upgrades. 

Ozzel requires repeated maneuver commands to use his power - which means you aren't doing CF. Which means you aren't getting the most out of your side arcs, especially if you have spent so much you don't have good firepower upgrades for your Arquitens. With JerJer I've never needed more than the single maneuver command on turn 1 to put a token on my ship.

I'm very biased, of course. So don't take my views for anything but a Jerjerrod fan! :D

I completely agree with @Democratus on this one, and I love Ozzel. Jerry is a better choice with Arquitens, as he should be.

5 hours ago, Norell said:

Just to necro this: Did you reaize how awesomly he works with Interdictors? My opponents cant do anything noto to be double-arced by Jerry's baby!

YUP. My go to JJ fleet is my Vics and Dics (TM WuFame 2016). Dics are solid damage if you can consistently pull off double arcs.

Also, glad to see this thread still getting love.

On 3/27/2017 at 9:19 AM, WuFame said:

YUP. My go to JJ fleet is my Vics and Dics (TM WuFame 2016). Dics are solid damage if you can consistently pull off double arcs.

How are you setting up your Interdictor(s)?  Love the ship. Just can't seem to get a good non cc build going

On 3/27/2017 at 10:19 AM, WuFame said:

So what I get from this is "Vics with Dics" is still available as a name for a list....

Like this for example.

Double Dictors
Author: Norell

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Moff Jerjerrod

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Planetary Ion Cannon
Navigation Objective: Dangerous Territory

Interdictor-class Combat Refit (93 points)
Interdictor  ( 3  points)
-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points)
-  Targeting Scrambler  ( 5  points)
= 109 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
-  Comms Net  ( 2  points)
= 25 total ship cost

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
Hand of Justice  ( 4  points)
-  Dual Turbolaser Turrets  ( 5  points)
= 63 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
-  Moff Jerjerrod  ( 23  points)
-  Wulff Yularen  ( 7  points)
-  Projection Experts  ( 6  points)
-  Grav Shift Reroute  ( 2  points)
-  Targeting Scrambler  ( 5  points)
= 133 total ship cost

1 Valen Rudor ( 13 points)
2 TIE Interceptor Squadrons ( 22 points)
1 Ciena Ree ( 17 points)
1 "Howlrunner" ( 16 points)

6 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

I was going to ask if Jerry was now obsolete, but there is a 9pt difference between Thrawn and Jerry.

JJ is also easier on the player than Thrawn is, the latter requires significantly more planning and forethought to make sure the plan is foolproof (the fool being you) than JJ, which at least to me is worth something. I fully intend to get to grips with Thrawn, I just am making no assumptions about whether or not that learning curve is vertical.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:02 PM, WuFame said:

The other Dic is me.

You know, we have a guy locally who isn't on the Forums....   He won one of our local tournaments with a list entitled "Motti's Dics", with a single Interdictor, and used exactly that line when questioned on it.........

So apparently, you're so infamous it breaches the 4th wall.

On 3/27/2017 at 2:44 AM, Ma22a said:

Jerry is by far my go to admiral of choice now for Imps. He just makes your ships so flexible. Handbrake turn ISD's are hilarious... unless your sitting in front of them...... :)

At my SC this year (as 2nd player) I JJ'd going speed 3 II-I-II (L-R-R), hand-braking my ISD-I Avenger-BT out of the front arc of my friend's speed 1 Avenger-BT and landing facing her starboard hull. Even as 1st player she couldn't get out of my front arc (as she was only going speed 1), so after she activated I was able to activate my ISD-I board her ISD and then Avenger her ISD to death. Twas a maneuver as sweet as any Demo move I'd ever pulled off. I'm excited to see what Thrawn can offer but JJ is going to be difficult to retire.