WuFame

Moff Jerjerrod is the greatest thing to happen to the Empire since the dissolving of the senate

This build, whilst making your Arkitten a bit pricey, allows you to use Jerjerrod and negate his penalty

Arquitens-class Command Cruiser (59 points)-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) -  Redundant Shields  ( 8  points) -  Dual Turbolaser Turrets  ( 5  points) 80 total ship cost

Quick, maneuverable and quite deadly.

And illegal.

yup...two modifications.....sry...no Bueno....

****, guess the fleet builder missed that one. Swap out the Turbolasers.

Arquitens-class Command Cruiser (59 points)
-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) 
-  Redundant Shields  ( 8  points) 
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
81 total ship cost

Edited by Englishpete

XI7s hardly seem worth it on the Arq. I'd probably just go with TRCs.

Edit: I mean, to be fair, I'd actually go with DTTs and not worry about the Redundant shields, but as the idea of your build was to negate the JJ tax, that doesn't really work.

Edited by WuFame

I've been trying jerjer out in the last couple of days and my god, he can do some ridic shh.

I think the biggest thing about him in particular is that he's able to disengage from unfavorable fights.  I don't think any admiral can do that in the current format other than Madine, and jj costs 7 points less.

In simple terms:

Jerjerrod makes the VSD much better than it was.

But is that enough to make it good?

Well, it depends. At their price they are certainly good when you take two of them alongside an ISD, all using JJ for maneuvering.

I can confirm that Redundant Shields were surprisingly useful on Arquitens with Jerrjerrod, I tried that out on Thursday. I'm not ready to say "ermagerd this is an amazing combo" but it was far better than I was expecting it to be, and my expectation was "this is going to continue not being a very good upgrade." Being able to start using Redundant Shields on turn 2 and being sure you can get use out of it every single turn after that makes it much more appealing than it is with any other commander.

I'd still use ECMs on Brace-capable ships, mind you.

Edited by Snipafist

I would rather have DTTS

You can combine Redundant Shields with Turbolaser Reroutes and it works out okay, for what it's worth. Especially with Needa around or a friendly Hand of Justice to flip your Evade back to green (on another buddy Arquittens nearby).

Otherwise I'd generally agree. Dual Turbolaser Turrets are quite good with them and the only real competition is Turbolaser Reroutes in some circumstances and Enhanced Armament with Vader (which has been consistently good thus far in the 3 games I've played them with him set up that way).

cap_JJ.jpg

yeah.... you're a lot better than me.

Awesome!  But you may hurt Tiaan Jerjerrod's feelings if you demote him to a mere Captain.

Fun Fact:

When West End Games created The Imperial Sourcebook, we were thinking of making Moff Jerjerrod, "Commander Moff Jerjerrod."

This idea was based off the six part Return of the Jedi Radio Dramatization.  He is identified herein as Commander Moff Jerjerrod.

This would create a rank of Moff who did not govern an Imperial Sector, but key Battle Stations and Torpedo Spheres.  The rank was superior to a Fleet Admiral but did not have the political clout and resources of a Sector Moff.

Since in never made final edit in part due to lack of space, Commander Moffs never made it into early EU.

I tried today!! I was awesome!!

With three arquitens that I tried as my first time too. As I was not sure about how it could go I spammed engineering. I loved those 3 points. My oponent took 6 round to put down 1 of my arquitens. And DTT... I think I didn't shoot a blank in my three red rolls thank to this great turbolaser. But again: Jerry? I love this guy. It was funny to see how his arquitens fly out of the table while I turned again and again. Just as the OP said: GREAT!!

I ran him with an ISD 2 and GSD 1 Demo.  Both stayed at speed 3 the entire game.  I lost Demo but not before killing Yavaris, Bright Hope and severely damaging his Liberty in a rapid course reversal / turn.  I pulled the inside turn with the ISD to threaten Liberty and later was able to park it in the rear arc as he sped away.  Keeping speed up also helped me avoid some bomber runs.  He had 9 and all but one were an ace/elite. 

So yesterday I played in the Utah Regional, and I spend a long hard time thinking about Motti or JJ.  Needless to say I picked Motti and ended up finishing 3rd, which I am proud of, but as a look at every game Motti only helped in one game where my ISD got blown up anyway,  but if I had the maneuverability of JJ I might have survived by placing myself in a better position and probably denied some objective points "superior positions". also in another game if I had JJ I could have done a maneuver to get a fleeting rebel transport in my front arch a medium range which would have giving  me a 10-1 and not the 9-2 I got, that would have bumped me up to second place as I keep running though scenarios that cost me its JJ and not Motti that would have saved me.. I'm converted!.. I shall double my Efforts..

Just now, xero989 said:

So yesterday I played in the Utah Regional, and I spend a long hard time thinking about Motti or JJ.  Needless to say I picked Motti and ended up finishing 3rd, which I am proud of, but as a look at every game Motti only helped in one game where my ISD got blown up anyway,  but if I had the maneuverability of JJ I might have survived by placing myself in a better position and probably denied some objective points "superior positions". also in another game if I had JJ I could have done a maneuver to get a fleeting rebel transport in my front arch a medium range which would have giving  me a 10-1 and not the 9-2 I got, that would have bumped me up to second place as I keep running though scenarios that cost me its JJ and not Motti that would have saved me.. I'm converted!.. I shall double my Efforts..

That was a beautiful poetic post....

Still 3 health on an ISD and 1 more for demo is prettyyy good. 

On 16/01/2017 at 8:44 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Awesome!  But you may hurt Tiaan Jerjerrod's feelings if you demote him to a mere Captain.

Fun Fact:

When West End Games created The Imperial Sourcebook, we were thinking of making Moff Jerjerrod, "Commander Moff Jerjerrod."

This idea was based off the six part Return of the Jedi Radio Dramatization.  He is identified herein as Commander Moff Jerjerrod.

This would create a rank of Moff who did not govern an Imperial Sector, but key Battle Stations and Torpedo Spheres.  The rank was superior to a Fleet Admiral but did not have the political clout and resources of a Sector Moff.

Since in never made final edit in part due to lack of space, Commander Moffs never made it into early EU.

Whoa...can I say you are the MAN/WOMAN for bringing us this!!!

The heck did we miss this...all these 20+ years???

How many Bothans died for this???? I ALWAYS thought that there was a lot more to JerJerrod than the easily cowered, ready-to-flee commander that was portrayed in RotJ!

Have to say...I held my breath as I was watching clip - hanging onto every single syllable and pixel!!!

The man stood up to Vader and LIVED! Come on!! What a legend, I've newfound respect and admiration for his character. Far out and those Navy Troopers - god...I'd die to get me an outfit like theirs!!!!

I would be honoured to 'double my efforts' when called upon to do so!

Michael Pennington is a legend! :wub:

tl;dr Jerjerrod is my new favourite Star Wars character. :lol: