WuFame

Moff Jerjerrod is the greatest thing to happen to the Empire since the dissolving of the senate

Yes and no blail, you're south bay. I never see you up where I usually game. However one of the better players in the region likes running a heavy Rebel bomber group that has forced me to start taking fighters seriously.

I mean, yes I know I'm being contrary and I know there are wonderful things you can do with Jerjerrod. Black dice hugs out of VSDs rounding asteroids into flank and rear arcs is a nice feeling. And it is great to not bank a navigate command whenver you need that extra turn.

I was just looking forward to either something zingy like Mon Mothma's interaction with defense tokens, or something useful like a way to protect against APT and other critical effect spam. Sato is great not just for APT long range kicking on some ships, but syngerizing well with the fighter-carrier dynamic going on now. Jerjerrod helps ARQs and MSU lists looking for good maneuverability but he doesn't help the stand and fight big ship lists I prefer.

Edited by Norsehound

He's fantastic. In my two rounds of CC with him as my commander my VSDs have side stepped collisions done immediate 90 degree turns and have completely thrown off the rebel advance cause their not where they are supposed to be.

Caveat, they are still speed 2.

Gonna actually bust out the triple ISD lost I've always wanted to field with JJ as the commander.

Edited by Indomitable

Yes and no blail, you're south bay. I never see you up where I usually game. However one of the better players in the region likes running a heavy Rebel bomber group that has forced me to start taking fighters seriously.

I mean, yes I know I'm being contrary and I know there are wonderful things you can do with Jerjerrod. Black dice hugs out of VSDs rounding asteroids into flank and rear arcs is a nice feeling. And it is great to not bank a navigate command whenver you need that extra turn.

I was just looking forward to either something zingy like Mon Mothma's interaction with defense tokens, or something useful like a way to protect against APT and other critical effect spam. Sato is great not just for APT long range kicking on some ships, but syngerizing well with the fighter-carrier dynamic going on now. Jerjerrod helps ARQs and MSU lists looking for good maneuverability but he doesn't help the stand and fight big ship lists I prefer.

Well. Norse. That same guy is the guy I played.  The only players I play are from Fremont and north bay.  There is no such thing as a South Bay armada player.  I am it.  The one and only. 

Last time I played armada was at your store.  And all the players in the last year I've played were all from that area.  There were at one time a few South Bay players, but they were very casual, got whupped by the north bay players over and over, and promptly quit.  

Everyones heard this before, but the game is DED .............. in my area.

Edited by Blail Blerg

Damage Control Officer is the answer to dealing with APT, non-standard crit effects.

Damage Control Officer is the answer to dealing with APT, non-standard crit effects.

I think Norse and I have a different true problem: Its not just the APTs... its being out activated in VSD lists.  Not being able to deal damage.  Also Damage Control Officer sorrily, is a poor suggestion:  You lose Tua ECM, which we've mostly agreed is absolutely nearly required to keep the VSD and Interdictors alive in the first place.  And ISDs really want Intel Agent over Damage Con, which doesn't seem worth it at 5 points anyway. 

Id be down to try.  Haha.  

Have people used it well with VSD?  Does it really boost the ship to viable?

In a word: Definitely. Watch Victory Star Destroyers make 90 degree turns like their captain is pulling on a giant handbrake..

This is how I found out about him.  I tried to akbarslash my MC80 between 2 Vics for the double-broadside.  Figured I only had to tank one round of front arc shooting.  Nope.

I think Norse and I have a different true problem: Its not just the APTs... its being out activated in VSD lists.  Not being able to deal damage.  Also Damage Control Officer sorrily, is a poor suggestion:  You lose Tua ECM, which we've mostly agreed is absolutely nearly required to keep the VSD and Interdictors alive in the first place.  And ISDs really want Intel Agent over Damage Con, which doesn't seem worth it at 5 points anyway. 

You guys seem to be forgetting that VSDs do not have contain, which a DCO needs in order to cancel critical effects. Currently she's only a help on the Arquitens, ISD-IIs, and Interdictors. No help for the VSDs in fending off critical effects of any kind, along with many other kinds of attacks and damage.

Certainly there's more to do with the Empire now. Long range lists have become a thing thanks to the ARQ. Wave 5's fighters are also just as potent as the ARQ, if not better, since I've been vaporizing entire shields off of ISDs with only three VTs constantly attacking.

As I keep running my VSDs as carriers, I feel they still have a place as cost-effective fighter activation. With two you get an easy 6-8 fighter activations depending on how you run them, and you can take Flight Controllers. You cannot do this with Gozantis, and the only way to be similar is to go up in cost to an ISD but going down to one activation.

Ever since I first discovered the Victory-class Star Destroyer in the star wars CCG back in the 90s, it's been one of my favorite ships in the Star Wars universe.

The Victory Class was a creation of West End Games based on early Episode IV artwork for the Imperial Class.   Many Victory Class Destroyers  (I's and II's) still saw service to the end of the Galactic Civil war.

Part if their later lore was developed by yours truly.

:)

I took my duel VSD list to Nationals, Regionals and Worlds and went undefeated in all 3. Before wave 5 they needed to stay close together, that way it's hard for opponents to circle around one and keep shooting it. Staying at speed 1 and controlling where the engagement happens was key to getting the most out of them. With a late engagement they are very hard to kill, and even if one went down its only worth just over 80 points.

With Jerrjerrod you can now be a lot more aggressive with the Victory, but I find it hard to stay in the same close formation.

JJ makes my dual Vic fireball even more scary. Can't wait to drop that on the table once I figure out the correct build for Sato.

The correct build for Sato is APTs at long range with ordnance experts. ISDs melt and can't evade.

This build, whilst making your Arkitten a bit pricey, allows you to use Jerjerrod and negate his penalty

Arquitens-class Command Cruiser (59 points)
-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) 
-  Redundant Shields  ( 8  points) 
-  Dual Turbolaser Turrets  ( 5  points) 
80 total ship cost

Quick, maneuverable and quite deadly.

Nav teams is also overlooked. I remember these guys from an opponent running two GSDs way back when with Tarkin passing them nav tokens. You can get that extra click without Jerjerrod by using these guys... you just need the command version and reliably passing command tokens around.

Thing is, for the rest of your list, take liaisons. The Nav teams need a nav token but the Liaisons will eat any token to change commands.

This build, whilst making your Arkitten a bit pricey, allows you to use Jerjerrod and negate his penalty

Arquitens-class Command Cruiser (59 points)-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) -  Redundant Shields  ( 8  points) -  Dual Turbolaser Turrets  ( 5  points) 80 total ship cost

Quick, maneuverable and quite deadly.

And illegal.