WuFame

Moff Jerjerrod is the greatest thing to happen to the Empire since the dissolving of the senate

So two questions about him:

1) Suffer 1 damage means it hits shields right?

2) Can you suffer more than 1 damage to get another +1 yaw (i assume not)?

1)  Correct.  Its just Damage, not Damace Card

2)  He sets it to "II"...  Not a +1...  He sets the first click to "II"...    "II" cannot be improved.

1. you can take the damage to shields if you have some.

2. Why would you need to, it makes your first yaw value up to 2, so additional damage can't increase it more because 2 is maximum.

Edit. Sniped by dras.....

Edited by WuFame

1)Pick a hull zone. Take 1 damage to that hull zone.  If that hull zone has shields, you take it on the shields instead.

2)No.  Jerjerrod doesn't give you +1 yaw.  He makes your first click a II, regardless of what it was before.

Haha, great thread. Loving the JJ love.

My only issue with JJ is that because I can turn my VSDs like a Raider at speed 2, by using a nav command also, I feel obliged to do it. Even if it isn't sensible. Just because it is hilarious pulling space donuts with the Imperial Navy equivalent of a bus.

But that is my problem, not MJJ's!

My only issue with JJ is that because I can turn my VSDs like a Raider at speed 2, by using a nav command also, I feel obliged to do it. Even if it isn't sensible. Just because it is hilarious pulling space donuts with the Imperial Navy equivalent of a bus.

For sure. The first time I put JJ on the board, I was so giddy to Tokyo Drift I was doing it unnecessarily.

See I've been enjoying the liberating experience of rarely Navigating with VSDs, when it used to be my default command. Lots of Engineering and Squadron commands to spare with JJ around and it's extremely satisfying.

Praise be to Moff Jerry!

Been playing around with him on and off and he's pretty amazing. VSDs with him are quite legit. The only ships he doesn't really do much for are flotillas and the Interdictor, so his fleets tend to focus a lot more on combat ships than more conventional fleets. And that's fine by me.

Lightbulb moment for me there. I do love konstantine though.

I praised Jerry to the nines on a thread in the fleetbuilding section, and I stand by what I said. I run him currently with two victory IIs, 2 Arquitens, Dengar, Ciena and Valen, and he does some seriously nasty work. The kittens herd the enemy into those lovely firing arcs so efficiently.

Nobody ***** with the JJ

Is this you trying to tell me to learn how to better light my images. I know I'm terrible! :P

Nope not at all...but I fixed this for you....

I felt the need to get Tua in there as Liam, so I tried my darndest to find an image that didn't have Liam cropped out.

Eh, I'm not as impressed as you guys.

While it is nice to see VSDs get a little more flexibility out of their speed chart it doesn't make the ship faster or better protected. A broadside ship can still snipe you at long range regardless of how often you're turning, and you're still vulnerable to XI7s and an accuracy leaving remaining hull/shields as the only means of protecting yourself. Jerjerrod doesn't help there either. Nor does he help against the massed bombers that I worry about in my local meta.

Jerjerrod is an interesting alternative to Ozzel, except instead of speed he gives clicks. I feel DeMSU lists would find him a lot more useful than other kinds of lists, and in fact encourage other lists to behave more like DeMSU lists. This does nothing for me personally, since I would rather play the game with an Imperial "unstoppable wall of force" list focusing on resiliency and firepower, leaving area coverage to spreading my deployment. Jerjerrod doesn't help me do this, nor does he help the carrier lists I've come to be using recently with Tarkin. In the very least though he's more useful to the "wall of victory" lists than Ozzel is, but to a point. APT spam will still kick them in, along with massed bombers with Nora.

As an interesting side anecdote to add to the Jerjerrod craze, Jerjerrod was one of the few diplomatic Imperial characters in the old Rebellion computer game. He, Pter Thanas, Piett, and Pelleon formed a kind of diplomatic corps bringing peace and assurances to the galaxy. Of course, my mental image of Ozzel was also as some major spymaster, so take that as you will.

Edited by Norsehound

Not exactly that he's a non believer. But Norse and I play in the same meta.  Its not uncommon to see 8/10 lists in a day are 134 bomber lists and 6 ship MSU.  Its really really realllllllly aggravating. 

However, I'd recommend this. 

Moffy JJ

Howl Dengar Ciena Soontir combo

With some bombers

VSD with Tua ECM and flight controllers <- OH GOD THATS SICK. 

A Gozanti

maybe add some Arkittens or a Demolisher or something.  

Mixed force list.