WuFame

Moff Jerjerrod is the greatest thing to happen to the Empire since the dissolving of the senate

Ever since I first discovered the Victory-class Star Destroyer in the star wars CCG back in the 90s, it's been one of my favorite ships in the Star Wars universe. I dunno, I just thought it was baller. It's like every single wave makes them better and better and I'm at the point where if they get any better I might just write FFG and tell them to stop because I can't deal with this much love.

Edited by WuFame

Oh, Demolisher apprecoiates the movement??  More than the motti extra hull?  I did find Motti saved many a demolisher, literally on one hull left.

I have found that, too. I love Motti Dems, and Gozs, but imagine at speed 3 getting 2 yaw. Combine that with a Nav dial and EAT and you're looking at II-II-I-II, or II-I-II-II. That's crazy good looking. Haven't run him with Demo yet, so for me it's all on-paper speculation.

That's a tough question. My recent Regionals list had 2 VSD Is. I think I only rolled blacks once, but they were both naked except for my commander and an RGB each.

So while they didn't suddenly turn into monster brawlers (it's a Speed 2 issue, really) I still used Jerjerrod for better positioning, which is really nice.

So YMMV, but even just the ability to position that much more flexibily makes them that much more threatening, and reduces the weak spot of how easy they are to flank.

I'm going to be facing a 3 Victory + 1 Cruiser list in the CC campaign and yeah, I have done some testing to see how I can expect them to move and its pretty ridiculous.  While Victories are still slow, this ability makes them a lot easier to manage and point in the right place.  I don't think its going to be a particularly tough list to beat, I still think that Victories point for point aren't as big of a threat as what you can create using those points on other ships, but its nice to see unused ships get some love.

We got the same with Neb-B's, although arguably Neb-B's were in better shape then Victories competitively, but with Sato, they are disgusting now.  

MJJ is next on my list to try....

As for the great Motti debate..... Motti is a purely defensive passive admiral - he does nothing for 90% of the game with the argument that he does nothing at all if you play very well, whereas JerJerrod is in effect from the first turn and can make a difference to each ships individual activation's allowing for an entirly different imperial play style

just my 2 shiney pennies on the subject ;)

As for the great Motti debate..... Motti is a purely defensive passive admiral - he does nothing for 90% of the game with the argument that he does nothing at all if you play very well, whereas JerJerrod is in effect from the first turn and can make a difference to each ships individual activation's allowing for an entirly different imperial play style

If you play so perfectly that you never use Motti's extra hull, then it's likely superfluous which commander you take.

Jerjerrod is great, but if you are so good with Motti that you never lose a ship, then you hardly need Jerjerrod's extra maneuverability, either.

The flexibility is great, but the opportunity cost isn't insignificant. Using him on every ship every turn will cost you ~3-5 damage a turn. That's far from insignificant.

I certainly don't play well enough lol - the dice god's abandoned me long ago :(

My point was simply almost all the other Admirals can have an immediate effect on game play whereas Motti does not, he simply makes your own fleet more forgiving.

Edited by eViL dAvE

If you play so perfectly that you never use Motti's extra hull, then it's likely superfluous which commander you take.

Jerjerrod is great, but if you are so good with Motti that you never lose a ship, then you hardly need Jerjerrod's extra maneuverability, either.

The flexibility is great, but the opportunity cost isn't insignificant. Using him on every ship every turn will cost you ~3-5 damage a turn. That's far from insignificant.

I don't think you have to play perfect. I think that there are ship upgrades that allow your ships to be defensive without motti. Are they collectively 24 pts? probably more so, but it really depends on the fleet build. I think the maneuver commanders in general were established to fix a few mobility issues folks were having. I will say that I think there are fewer commanders that, when they die, they affect every ship you have, than motti.....at least a VSD 1 will still turn if you get MJJ off the board, just worse. Kinda like a broken CV joint really....

:D

On a serious note, as a great man, Caldias, once told me, a navigate command can be like throwing an Engineering and a Concentrate fire at the same time. And that's what makes JJ so great. He can put your ships out of the bad arcs and keep those guns bearing down on the enemy.

In effect he's both offensive and defensive. His defensive capability is of course not as great as Motti, but it shouldn't be. If it were, Motti would be pointless. There is still a strong defensive capability to JJ though.

Praise be to Moff Jerry!

Been playing around with him on and off and he's pretty amazing. VSDs with him are quite legit. The only ships he doesn't really do much for are flotillas and the Interdictor, so his fleets tend to focus a lot more on combat ships than more conventional fleets. And that's fine by me.

Edited by Snipafist