Sign in to follow this  
Ronu

QuickDraws Swarm

So fun idea. The funniest part is I can rotate the ships in the Swarm around a bit to find a good maximize point. Input and thoughts welcomed.

QuickDraw: Adaptability, FCS, Pat Anyl, LWF, Title (35)

Wampa (14)

Chaser (14)

3x Acadamy pilot (36)

So 99 points, Little bit of wiggle room. Thoughts?

Lightweight Frame.

Looks interesting. The problem is that you've got a lot of points in 2-dice attack TIE fighers with limited ability to hurt defenders, agility 2 large ships, and so on.

Wampa is always good. Chaser.....is good, but like Night Beast, I think is at his best using his free evade to feed a Swarm Leader.

Youngster might be nice. A key trick is that he can hand Rage not only to the TIE fighters but also to Quckdraw's TIE/sf.

Lightweight Frame.

Looks interesting. The problem is that you've got a lot of points in 2-dice attack TIE fighers with limited ability to hurt defenders, agility 2 large ships, and so on.

Wampa is always good. Chaser.....is good, but like Night Beast, I think is at his best using his free evade to feed a Swarm Leader.

Youngster might be nice. A key trick is that he can hand Rage not only to the TIE fighters but also to Quckdraw's TIE/sf.

In order for me to use youngster I have to drop Chaser or Wampa and an Academy TIE to open up points for an EPT. I could also just switch to TIE Aces if I was going to do that.

I prefer Accuracy Corrector to FCS on Quickdraw

I could see an Accuracy Corrector on the Generics but not for QD. Too many possibilities for EPT's that would be better.

I could see an Accuracy Corrector on the Generics but not for QD. Too many possibilities for EPT's that would be better.

You had an extra point already right? Corrector works better with QD because she could be attacking several different targets each round where FCS doesn't help in those situations. 

You had an extra point already right? Corrector works better with QD because she could be attacking several different targets each round where FCS doesn't help in those situations.

That Spec Ops title double tap hardly ever procs though, and when it does it would be like range 3 through your rear with 2 dice which makes just a normal range 1 shot on your intended target better. I think all the times I have flown Quickdraw (which is a lot) and other SFs (not a lot) I have actually double tapped with the Spec Ops Title twice. Once I had a Party Bus range 2 behind me, and Kavil Range 1 in front me. Two agi 1 ships and did damage to both. Other time was a useless range 3 shot on a Fenn Rau, but a rear shot on Manaroo that was going to be a 2 dice attack anyways so why not fire for Fenn. lol.

So fun idea. The funniest part is I can rotate the ships in the Swarm around a bit to find a good maximize point. Input and thoughts welcomed.

QuickDraw: Adaptability, FCS, Pat Anyl, LWF, Title (35)

Wampa (14)

Chaser (14)

3x Acadamy pilot (36)

So 99 points, Little bit of wiggle room. Thoughts?

Hmmm, You could drop FCS to Baffle, and Pattern Analyzer to Primed Thrusters. Then you can up Chaser to Youngster + Rage and go ole QD baffle double tap shenanigans. Only other way is drop an academy and beef up ships into a 5 ship squad or lose some upgrades on Quickdraw :(

"Youngster" (15)

Rage (1)

"Quickdraw" (29)

Adaptability (0)

Electronic Baffle (1)

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

"Wampa" (14)

Black Squadron Pilot (14)

Crack Shot (1)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Six ships, seven shots, and with rolls and a focus.  Meh?

That Spec Ops title double tap hardly ever procs though, and when it does it would be like range 3 through your rear with 2 dice which makes just a normal range 1 shot on your intended target better. I think all the times I have flown Quickdraw (which is a lot) and other SFs (not a lot) I have actually double tapped with the Spec Ops Title twice. Once I had a Party Bus range 2 behind me, and Kavil Range 1 in front me. Two agi 1 ships and did damage to both. Other time was a useless range 3 shot on a Fenn Rau, but a rear shot on Manaroo that was going to be a 2 dice attack anyways so why not fire for Fenn. lol.

I was more referring to shooting extra shots w/ QD's pilot ability. AC guarantees 2 hits in those situations where you don't already have the TL on the attacker. It lets you play the Focus token much more defensively than FCS would.

Quickdraw + electronic baffles is clutch. I got mobbed by that the other day and it almost took out a B wing in one turn. Flew over some debris that I wasn't expecting using a red maneuver, activated his ability at range 1, then got to shoot again during combat.