Sign in to follow this  
Engine25

Skirmish Scoring is Now Based on Figure Cost, not Deployment Card Cost

Speaking of missing components (such as score trackers for skirmish), this game could really do with a small reference card for the players in the core box. Something summing up the round, your possible actions, and - last but not least - the seven stages of an attack. Would have fitted in well with the five existing reference cards and probably more relevant than some of the information on those.

Actually, I had worked on something like that for myself, but then I was told that it probably wouldn't be legal at a tournament.  lol!  

Matters related to the sequence of resolving steps in an attack are something that truly does come up a lot.

unfortunately it would have to be an official document to be allowed at tournaments (due to the "no outside material" rule). 

I think a few people over at boardgamegeek had made up some great reference cards though if you want to check those out. 

Speaking of missing components (such as score trackers for skirmish), this game could really do with a small reference card for the players in the core box. Something summing up the round, your possible actions, and - last but not least - the seven stages of an attack. Would have fitted in well with the five existing reference cards and probably more relevant than some of the information on those.

Actually, I had worked on something like that for myself, but then I was told that it probably wouldn't be legal at a tournament.  lol!  

Matters related to the sequence of resolving steps in an attack are something that truly does come up a lot.

Just print the page in the RRG guide with the Attack header, maybe cut away the rest of the page away if you would like, and bring it. Official documents are allowed, and it saves you the time to turn to that page in your RRG (which you'll probably also want to have along) whenever you need this.

I really do believe that once you've gotten past all the usual common rules mistakes, the next step ends up being to grog the seven steps of an attack, so you don't mess up the order or your or your opponents timing windows.

You can have anything that is part of the game.

Did you know you can have a little sheet with all of the sides of each die printed on it?

As long as it is something in the game, you can have a copy of it.  Having a copy of the rules, or even shorthand of the rules, should be fine.

You can have anything that is part of the game.

Did you know you can have a little sheet with all of the sides of each die printed on it?

As long as it is something in the game, you can have a copy of it.  Having a copy of the rules, or even shorthand of the rules, should be fine.

Interesting... Is this another one of those "FFG said it was OK at an event" type of things? 

That would be very cool as everyone loves those dice face cheat sheets. 

Just further shows how ambiguous "outside material" is. 

If a sheet of printed dice faces is ok.... then is having printed probability values ok too? I mean you can just work them out in your head right? 

No, you cannot have a sheet of printed probabilities.  I also don't think you can work it out and write it down (taking notes!).

A sheet with the dice faces on it doesn't give you anything you couldn't get by picking up each die and looking at it.  If anything, it just saves time.

Edited by DTDanix