Sign in to follow this  
Chief Hugh

Who's ready for the Upsilon Shuttle?

Kylo Ren — with Swarm Leader, Reinforced Deflectors, Darth Vader, Agent Kallus, Pattern Analyzer, Weapons Guidance, Anti-Pursuit Lasers Ship Total: 51
4X Academy Pilot total :12

The way it works is to use Swarm Leader to bump your Dice by 2, at Range 1 your throwing 7 dice, with Kallus and Weapon Guid your getting to fix 2 of your dice, Patten gets you a focus when stressed and Vader will bump your damage output to 8 with anti lasers giving a total of 9 damage within in round. Reinforced will help keep the ship alive plus 4 Academy's can dish out some goodness when everyone is hating the Bat Shuttle. So cheerio.

This list shall be called the "Drunken Abusive Grandfather"
Edited by Cubanboy

Place at PS12 just at range two of the lieutenant and charge in head first with a focus and a TL:

Upsilon-class Shuttle: Starkiller Base Pilot (30)

Fire Control System (2)

Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1)

Fire Control System (2)

Upsilon-class Shuttle: · Lieutenant Dormitz (31)

Fire Control System (2)

-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Lt. Dormitz (31)

Hyperwave Comm Scanner

Comm Relay

Kylo Ren's Shuttle

Emperor Palptine   (45)

Duchess' (23)

Expertise

Mark II Ion Engine

Adaptive Ailerons

Sabacc (22)

Expertise

Mark II Ion Engine

Adaptive Ailerons

Lt. Dormitz will not be a carrier, of Palptine he will be an offensive juggernaught; using Hyperwave Comm Scanner he will be using his EPT to dicate placement by placing 1st then allows both TIE Strikers to be placed in a forward offensive position at range 1-2 as seen beneficial to me from my opponents intital setup. Dormitz will target lock, he will try and creep to R1 for 5 primary red dice, and he will be flanked. And the stress mechanic will limit actions allowing hopefully for more hits

Place at PS12 just at range two of the lieutenant and charge in head first with a focus and a TL:

Fire Control System (2)

Fire Control System (2)

Fire Control System (2)

You should be able to get focus, evade, and target lock on each of the lead shuttles.

Dormitz places.

Starkiller 1 places, Dormiz's HCR gives it an evade.

Starkiller 2 places, Dormiz's HCR gives it an evade, Starkiller 1's HCR gives it a focus.

Starkiller 1 moves up, target locks.

Starkiller 2 moves up, target locks.

Dormitz moves up, coordinates for Starkiller 1, who focuses.

There could be a problem if the enemy squad is all small based ships who placed sideways against the back of the board (it will prevent you from getting your target locks), but otherwise this should be pretty reliable.

Fire Control System (2)

Fire Control System (2)

Fire Control System (2)

You should be able to get focus, evade, and target lock on each of the lead shuttles.

Dormitz places.

Starkiller 1 places, Dormiz's HCR gives it an evade.

Starkiller 2 places, Dormiz's HCR gives it an evade, Starkiller 1's HCR gives it a focus.

Starkiller 1 moves up, target locks.

Starkiller 2 moves up, target locks.

Dormitz moves up, coordinates for Starkiller 1, who focuses.

There could be a problem if the enemy squad is all small based ships who placed sideways against the back of the board (it will prevent you from getting your target locks), but otherwise this should be pretty reliable.

Even more glorious!

Assuming the enemy heads into the board (even at speed 1), you'll be at range 3 with a focus and evade token. A target lock is unlikely, though, because you'll probably be moving first with the PS2 Starkiller Base Pilots.

Still, it's one hell of a weight of metal to find bearing down on you!

Alternatively, Dormitz and Kylo make for a rather nice team:

• Lieutenant Dormitz - Fire Control System, Gunner, Tactician, Hyperwave Comm Scanner, Pattern Analyser
  • Kylo Ren - Kylo Ren's Shuttle, Daredevil, Fire Control System, Gunner, Tactician, Hyperwave Comm Scanner, Pattern Analyser
  • 2 Point Initiative Bid
  1. Set up Dormitz at PS12, at an angle (to push his range 1-2 'bubble' further into the board
  2. Set up Kylo as far into the board as you can, lined up ahead of something you want to hunt, giving him a focus
  3. Activate Dormitz and Co-ordinate Kylo
  4. Kylo Boosts
  5. Kylo activates, performing a speed 3 straight or bank as required, and target locking the first catch of the day.
  6. Commence applying lasers

The nice thing is that with Pattern Analyser and Daredevil, Kylo is actually scary manoeuvrable. The ability to do a speed 2 bank and daredevil turn is impressive (coming around much tighter than speed 2 bank plus a normal boost), and whilst it costs your action it doesn't leave you stressed (making it a sort of pink-ish k-turn substitute), and the ability to do a turn plus daredevil if you can manage the stress is nice, too.

I think Major Stridan with Hux aboard and a gaggle of TIE/fos might work quite nicely, too. Hux's ability to give whichever TIE needs it most a mini-autoblaster each turn is going to be a very nice trick for giving generic TIE/fo fighters some much needed bite 

Edited by Magnus Grendel

This is probably the first thing I'll try with it. Going for a turn 1 Alphastrike.

Lieutenant Dormitz — Upsilon-class Shuttle 31

General Hux 5

Hyperwave Comm Scanner 1

Ship Total: 37

"Epsilon Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 17

Hyperwave Comm Scanner 1

Ship Total: 18

"Zeta Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 20

Adaptability 0

Hyperwave Comm Scanner 1

Ship Total: 21

"Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 20

Swarm Leader 3

Hyperwave Comm Scanner 1

Ship Total: 24

Plan is everyone deploys at PS12 opposite some juicy Target with the ties as far forward as possible. Hyperwaves give everyone evade tokens.

Dormitz moves up first from behind and uses hux to give the 3 ties focus, zeta ace gets devotion.

Ties move up, with a 5 forward they can get the enemy deployment line at range 3 and so will definitely have a shot.

Party trick is omega using swarm leader with his pilot ability to just deal 4 crits as his attack. Backed up by the other ties focusing on the same target to hopefully strip it of defensive tokens first..

Edited by Dr Fsticuffs

I know I am! It's native 4 primary attack will be fantastic and it comes with some great crew. I think this ship will fit nicely into a list that was previosly accupied by a VT-49 Decimator. I'm thinking FCS, hot shot co-pilot, and gunner will be awesome. How do you plan on using it?

It's hotter than hot, it's hot hot HOT!!!!

Still those knees, my chickees, 'coz Kylo's in the place and he's on the case!

Heck yah.  I'm semi-seriously considering a 3-upsilon list.

SBP/FCS/Hypercommx2 and Dormitz/FCS/Hypercomm.

Deploy at PS12, rush forward as fast as possible, aim to get two or possibly 3 guns on a big target in round 1 with focus/focus/evade both of SBPs (Dormitz deploys first, the second deploys and takes an evade from Dormitz, the third deploys and takes focus/evade, then they both move, take focus, and dormitz moves, co-ordinates focus onto the one that only has one...

(Also, come at me Old Man Han)

I'm much more seriously considering RAC/Kylo.

Edited by thespaceinvader

I would be if I thought the bloody thing would fit in my carrying case. I don't want to spend money on the ship and then another case. But I suppose I'll make do.

Not to mention that I'm scared to death it's going to create the next Contracted Scout type kerfuffle with Kylo Ren and his silly rules. But that's something that remains to be seen once he hits the table.

Lieutenant Dormitz (31)
Collision Detector (0)

"Quickdraw" (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Electronic Baffle (1)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
Special Ops Training (0)

"Backdraft" (27)
Juke (2)
Fire-Control System (2)
Comm Relay (3)
Special Ops Training (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Juke on Backdraft seems so juicy! I am afraid that Dormitz is a bit thin, though.

Lieutenant Dormitz (31)

Collision Detector (0)

"Quickdraw" (29)

Push the Limit (3)

Electronic Baffle (1)

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Special Ops Training (0)

"Backdraft" (27)

Juke (2)

Fire-Control System (2)

Comm Relay (3)

Special Ops Training (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Juke on Backdraft seems so juicy! I am afraid that Dormitz is a bit thin, though.

Drop PTL down to Rage and add FCS to Dormitz.  Especially with Co-Ordinate, Rage can be very nice.