Sign in to follow this  
Conviction

Daughter of Mandalore

keAHJRy.png

I had a lot of trouble with her eyes/face.  Ended up using more layers than I wanted to.  Had to keep fixing her eyes.  Believe it or not, earlier iterations actually looked worse!  These raccoon eyes are not great, but the best I could manage.

Shyla is my 37 mini from IA to paint.

Overall a very fun model.  Her armor was fun to do.

This marks the first model I have painted without aid from Sorastro!

I used a very light blue for her center chest piece, and it's almost indistinguishable from the surrounding silver.  I wonder how I could make it pop, short of darkening the blue color? 

Edited by Conviction

I used a very light blue for her center chest piece, and it's almost indistinguishable from the surrounding silver.  I wonder how I could make it pop, short of darkening the blue color? 

Love the colours!  They look great!  Have you used a wash before?  By very carefully washing around the edge of the centre piece, it'll make the colour more obviously different.  Or you try a "gem effect", that technique requires darkening the edges of the area eventually coming a light area near the top/centre.  Occasionally finished with a small dot of white in the lightest area.  Depends on the effect you are going for!