Sign in to follow this  
Jondavies72

Anyone had much luck running a double Liberty list ?

I was thinking of

396/400

Star cruiser, Gunnery Teams. 103

Star cruiser, Gunnery Teams, Mon Karren. 111

Pelta with Ray, Projection Experts, Shields to Maximum, Dodonna. 95

Coms net flotilla. 20

Jan, 2 X-Wings, 2 A-Wings. 67

Im trying the following out on Tuesday. To date i've had great fun with twin Libs, and with Madine they're rather potent.

Admiral: General Madine

Objectives: A.Gunnery, Contested Outpost, Solar Corona.

Lib. Star Cruiser:

Walex Blissex,

Engine Techs,

Leading Shots,

Xi7s

Lib.Star Cruiser:

Major Derlin,

Med Teams,

Leading Shots

Xi7s

GR75 Transport w/ boosted comms

GR75 Transport carrying Madine

Ketsu Onyo

Shara Bey

Tycho

Lt Blount

4 x Z95s

General plan is to have Engine Tech'd Lib speed around the flank being a hammer to the 2nd Lib's anvil. 

Fighters are specifically designed to bugger about/ interfere with bomber balls (Onyo delaying their approach to the Libs, Blount and friends making a nuisance of themselves).

I'll let you know how it goes!

I had some success in Wave4 with a 5 activations Double Liberty list with Redemption and Proj Experts on it and one of the Liberties. With the correct commands it was able to discard 2 damage, regenerate 4 shields and move 1 shield in a round.

I've tried it before. No luck on making it competitive. Just too many points sucked up into both there was little left over for activation padding/support ships and enough squads to deal with the wave 3/4 bomber mayhem. Maybe Wave 5 will make it easier to field 2 because Tycho and Shara may be all the squads you need.

I like the five activations idea from PT, as I've always run five activation Imp lists. also like GLs fighters as I think they could be just what this type of list needs. Will play around with these to ideas and let you know what I come up with.

The list I ran did okay against balanced fleets. It suffered against 2xISD as I didn't outmanauver properly. It wasn't tested against MSU

The list I ran did okay against balanced fleets. It suffered against 2xISD as I didn't outmanauver properly. It wasn't tested against MSU

I think MSU would be my big worry, I can see the double ISD being nasty, but as you say getting them outmanoeuvred would be the way to crack that nut.

I played a Dual Lib, H1, QTC list once with Tycho as my only squadron. It was incredibly fun, but not very successful.

I think I saw someone was winning consistently with a somewhat unconventional Liberty/Raymus/Flight Controll/Fighter Coordination/Leading Shots setup kinda pulling double duty as a gunship/carrier. But I don't see enough liberties at tournaments in my area to really see what works with them or not.

What about something like:

Faction: Rebel Alliance

Commander: General Madine

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

MC80 Star Cruiser (96 points)
-  Mon Karren  ( 8  points) 
-  Major Derlin  ( 7  points) 
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points) 
-  Dual Turbolaser Turrets  ( 5  points) 
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
129 total ship cost

MC80 Star Cruiser (96 points)
-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) 
-  H9 Turbolasers  ( 8  points) 
124 total ship cost

[ flagship ] GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  General Madine  ( 30  points) 
48 total ship cost

CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 
51 total ship cost

1 Shara Bey ( 17 points) 
1 Tycho Celchu ( 16 points) 
2 Z-95 Headhunter Squadrons ( 14 points) 

I think I would run something like this. Don't see if being super competitive but would be fun.

Edited by Gmeista

Imo if you run Mon Karen it's a naked lib otherwise. It's a point efficient upgrade, but the diminishing returns as overall points climb are pretty steep.

I also sometimes think the double TL slot can be a point sink trap unless you have a very distinct plan for how those two slots are going to provide more benefit to the fleet than say another transport.

I've played against a 2 LMC80 fleet with 2 GR75s and a cloud of Jan + 5 X-Wings back in wave 4. The LMC80s were loaded for action (Gunnery Teams, Intel Officers, XI7s, Leading Shots, etc.) and it worked all right. Commander was Dodonna. Navigation and speed control was essential but it seemed to do fine. Got... I believe 7th out of 26 people at the Chicagoland Regionals.

Ran a two lib, 2 TRC90, 1 GR-75 fleet without squadrons at a tournament. It was fun, but definitely needs at least some token squadron support. The libs can joust ISDs, though the determining factor can be innitative. I had my two gunnery teamed libs take out 2 ISDs and an interdictor in a straight up joust. I had Rieekan though, and ended up losing a lib, which is a big points loss.

Faction: Rebel Alliance 

Commander: General Madine

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost 
Navigation Objective: Dangerous Territory

MC80 Battle Cruiser (103 points)

-  Leading Shots (4 points)
-  Quad Turbolaser Cannons  ( 10  points) 

137 total ship cost

MC80 Battle Cruiser (103 points)

-  Leading Shots (4 points)
-  Quad Turbolaser Cannons  ( 10  points) 
137 total ship cost

[ flagship ] GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  General Madine  ( 30  points) 

-  Leia Organa  ( 3 points)

-  Repair Crews  ( 4 points)
55 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Toryn Farr  ( 7  points) 

-  Expanded Hangar Bays  (5 points)

-  Bright Hope  ( 2 points)
= 32 total ship cost

Shara Bey ( 17 points) 
2 A-Wing ( 22 points)

Use the flagship GR-75 with Leia to support directly the two libs, via repair and being able to change command dial on one a turn when needed, the other to run the 3 squadrons.  Keep MC80's on Nav, which is kind of rude with Madine and Engine Tech combo, and makes them surprisingly fast and maneuverable.  Objectives selected to favor second player significantly, which works nice either way for this force.

-Edit for points fix-

Edited by Chemosh667

I've had table experience a few times with various 2 Liberty lists.  What literally happened was that they were relatively underwhelming, got dodged a lot by MSU and rarely did reasonable damage.  Oh and of course buying 2 Large ships made me vulnerable to fighter spam.  

So. I would say no.  But I haven't stopped trying.  

The second thing I did after Dodonna Bombers during the launch of wave 4 was to attempt to mimic PT's dual-ISD list on the Rebel side using dual Liberties.  It just plays differently, though PT's concept of Redemption and ENG is a pretty nice way to get it to work.  I'm just not sure it works out better or is long term competitive in a major tournament.

I did run a single decked out Liberty to a 3rd and 5th in the last regional season.  It just seems to me that for the points of the second Liberty, you can get some tough units that will do equivalent damage for about the same cost, and that the survivability might be there where it isn't on a second Liberty.  

I had some success in Wave4 with a 5 activations Double Liberty list with Redemption and Proj Experts on it and one of the Liberties. With the correct commands it was able to discard 2 damage, regenerate 4 shields and move 1 shield in a round.

Was that enough?  I feet like it doesn't seem quite enough tanking to avoid dying.  

Also, how did it do vs mass bomber?