Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

Bossk is broken with IG. FFG screwed up again.

IG-B

Bossk + mangler + IG-D + Gunner + Dengar

If Boosk miss first attack, IG-Bs ability and Gunner kicks in. First use mangler and try to get 2 hits on 1 ship. And 1-3 hits on another ship. Dengar and Zuckuss make sure that rerolls will be made so Bossk will miss first shot.

FFG you screw up the game again as usual.

Edited by JimbonX

I tested this (Minus Zuckuss, since there aren't enough crew slots) the other night, and it was interesting. The potential is certainly there for it to hit... like a bus... But the problem comes up when you're facing ships with low agility (Y-Wings, for example). You're dumping all those points into trying to trigger the double-shot, but usually may end up only doing 1-2 damage when you fail to trigger it. Another problem is the usual failing of the party-bus. If something gets behind it, it dies.

IG-B

Bossk + mangler + IG-D + Gunner + Dengar + Zuckuss.

If Boosk miss first attack, IG-Bs ability and Gunner kicks in. First use mangler and try to get 2 hits on 1 ship. And 1-3 hits on another ship. Dengar and Zuckuss make sure that rerolls will be made so Bossk will miss first shot.

FFG you screw up the game again as usual. <_<  :lol: 

First, it is called the party bus and not the lame bus for a reason.

Second, your party exceeds fire marshal limits for a bus of that size.

At first I would say don't feed the trolls because of the highlighted sentence. But as it has already been mentioned before the upgrade cards setup is illegal.

bossk.png

swx56-ig-88d.pnggunner.pngdengar.pngswx41_zuckusscrew.png

but yeah there is so much wrong with this thread (besides you won' be able to find it in the Top 8 of any tournament for obvious reasons).

• 4 <crew> upgrades on a ship that only has 3 <crew> slots
  • Gunner and IG-88B does not work with each other
  • intentionally missing the first attack to hit on the second attack is no better than first attack
  • ect... ect...

So either he played against someone who was cheating and unfairly blames FFG for it, or obvious troll is obvious. In either case.

-don39t-feed-the-troll-meme-29989.jpg:rolleyes:

Edited by Marinealver

IG-B

:lol: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ,Dude, srsly

IG-B

This doesn't even work. Read Gunner again. It says "immediately," while IG-88B doesn't. Which means you have to do the Gunner shot before IG-88B. Which then means that you cannot attack again this round. Edit: Not to mention the obvious flaw of not having enough crew for the build you listed.

Edited by Underachiever599

IG-B

Pfff, this isn't evento close to the brokeness of an YT-1300 with Han and juke + expertise + finn + C3PO + recon spec + jan ors + R5P9.

Recon + ors are a focus + evade every turn, but thanks to expertise and C3PO you don't spend the focus so R5P9 can regén a shield. Every turno you get auto sucess in the green dice, an evade and a shield. Nothing can bypass that.

But even more, finn + expertise + han = turreted full moded 4 red dices. Nothing can survive that.

Or, as we like to say in my country "No te lo perdonaré jamas Carmena!"

Oh it totally works. It triggers two immediate effects whose timing occurs at the same time, meaning you can choose the order. There is no"immediate time slot" defined in the rules that can only be filled by one event, and therefore it behaves identically to any other overlapping timing windows.

And it's 100% okay. There are much cheaper ships that can perform multiple attacks. It's expensive and doesn't work well against low agility targets. We found a way to make multiple attacks other than one explicitly spelled out on a pilot ability or title upgrade, and that's okay. Move along, there's nothing to see here.

PS, I recommend Moralo over Bossk so that you can use the HLC in the wider arc.

Edited by Engine25

IG-B

Oh it totally works. It triggers two immediate effects whose timing occurs at the same time, meaning you can choose the order. There is no"immediate time slot" defined in the rules that can only be filled by one event, and therefore it behaves identically to any other overlapping timing windows.

And it's 100% okay. There are much cheaper ships that can perform multiple attacks. It's expensive and doesn't work well against low agility targets. We found a way to make multiple attacks other than one explicitly spelled out on a pilot ability or title upgrade, and that's okay. Move along, there's nothing to see here.

IG-88B Isn't "Immediately". I double checked the wording on both. It's the same reason that the very first mod with a Heavy Laser Cannon, before doing any of the other modifications, should be changing the crits to hits. I'll have to double check the rules on this, but I'm fairly certain that when one ability specifically says immediately and the other doesn't, you have to perform the one that says immediately first.

IG-88B Isn't "Immediately". I double checked the wording on both. It's the same reason that the very first mod with a Heavy Laser Cannon, before doing any of the other modifications, should be changing the crits to hits. I'll have to double check the rules on this, but I'm fairly certain that when one ability specifically says immediately and the other doesn't, you have to perform the one that says immediately first.

There is no definition of immediate timing in the rules. As far as RAW, after and immediately after are essentially same.

There is no definition of immediate timing in the rules. As far as RAW, after and immediately after are essentially same.

Immediately is a word in the English language that has its own definition though. Since it's on some cards and not on others leads me to believe there is intent for it to have in game meaning. I could be wrong though, as FFG will of course have the ultimate say..... even if they don't immediately respond....

But that's not how the rules work anymore. We have to look at the timing chart to see when various effects trigger. According to the chart, and the email in the link above, both Gunner and IG-D have the same timing window and trigger. When that happens you can do both, just one after the other. You won't miss the timing window.

Ah, alright. I must be thinking of a different game where the word "immediately" is defined in the rules.