Green Knight

Vassal World Cup 2017 battle results

Ginkapo vs Nebulon B 174 vs 172 MOV 6-5 victory to me......

I was second player playing navigational hazards.

Somehow I didnt kill an MC30 with two ships in ramming range. I managed to miss the ship....

mhd vs itzsteve. If my memory is correct the score was 210 to 186, so a  6-5 victory for me.

The objective was superior positions. And despite the huge crack up in the center, the casualties where fairly light. I lost Darth Vader, 1 tie bomber, Tempest Squadron, and a Raider to Steves Lando equipped MC30, Luke, Jan, YT-1300 and Ketsu Onyo. This game could easily have gone wrong for me at any time as a 1 hull Demolisher spent turns 4-6 engine tech'ing away at maximum speed from a riled up Admonition after it's rear was raked by heavy squadron fire.  My squadrons fought a difficult battle generally falling back to limit the number of aces that could engage at any one time (looking at you Ten Nub) and seriously abusing the communication equipment of Colonel Jendon shuttle as his multiple aces pursued.

Steve was a lot of fun to play and was one dice away from turning this into a 8-2 victory in his favor.

Edited by mhd

Ginkapo vs Nebulon B 174 vs 172 MOV 6-5 victory to me......

I was second player playing navigational hazards.

Somehow I didnt kill an MC30 with two ships in ramming range. I managed to miss the ship....

Thx for reporting.

Kind of fun game, in a weird way. Certainly challenges one to think even more about how to move when you are threatened by multiple ships in fire and ramming range. In the end, my last Gr-75 dying had slicer tools, Ginks dying one had Quantum Storm only, that made the difference. I think I did more or less what I could, you simply cant save every ship, even as first player. Funny, no one ever hit an obstacle, even with this objective. An extra layer of challenge in an already crowded area of space.

7 hours ago, miedomeda said:

Miedomeda vs Lord Preyer just ended with a victory for me, we played most wanted and the end result is 9 -2, 389 to 141 with a MOV of 248. 

On a side note it looks like the last match of pod 3, Miedomeda vs Green Squadron, is going to happen tomorrow evening, 8 pm GMT. 

2 hours ago, Zanos said:

Zanos vs DabDarklighter ended in a 6-5 win with 33 mov for Zanos. I had first player using Dab's Targeting Beacons. Very well played by Dab, and a close match.

4 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

Miedomeda vs Lord Preyer just ended with a victory for me, we played most wanted and the end result is 9 -2, 389 to 141 with a MOV of 248. 

Just a very quick sum up of the game: we played (my) Most Wanted, Lord Preyer was first player. 

Having second player and more deployments, I was able to stall my deploying until my opponent fully committed to the top left side of the map. Still, as his ISD was in the very corner and the map was cut in half vertically by obstacles, I did not have much room to deploy correctly, so I opted to slow roll at speed 1 with most of my ships, relying on the Ozzel pounce effect to jump ahead when needed. My plan kind of worked, but I almost had a heart attack at the start of turn 2, when Lord Preyer's ISD slowed down to speed 1 in order to keep a healthy range from my black dice spouting ships, all while keeping like my entire fleet in his front arc. That strategy, with some help from my slicer tools, ultimately backfired on Lord Preyer though, as his ISD got stuck at speed 1 in a very bad double double arc from my Arquitens (absolute MVP) and Demolisher. Our squadrons (my dedicated tie ace wing and his defenders + ig + vader wing) just exchanged shots the whole game, with losses on both sides. 

I think we had like 3 game defining moments: the first was an error on my part, moving my raider in his arquitens range before its activation, and I payed for it losing the raider on the following turn. However, I think I made up for my error on the 3rd and 4th turn, when I pulled a very nice "gozanti emergency brake" on the arquitens, who managed to cause something around 15 damage to my opponent ISD in 2 rounds of double arcing, and the best Demolisher Ozzel pounce ever, starting at speed 1 in red range from front of ISD and ending up in black range from a side arc.

All in all a very fun game that could have swung the other way around any minute. Mention of honor goes to Lord Preyer, who was very gracious and friendly throughout all the game. As often is the case with my Vassal opponents, I'd really like to play a rematch. 

1 hour ago, miedomeda said:

Just a very quick sum up of the game: we played (my) Most Wanted, Lord Preyer was first player. 

Having second player and more deployments, I was able to stall my deploying until my opponent fully committed to the top left side of the map. Still, as his ISD was in the very corner and the map was cut in half vertically by obstacles, I did not have much room to deploy correctly, so I opted to slow roll at speed 1 with most of my ships, relying on the Ozzel pounce effect to jump ahead when needed. My plan kind of worked, but I almost had a heart attack at the start of turn 2, when Lord Preyer's ISD slowed down to speed 1 in order to keep a healthy range from my black dice spouting ships, all while keeping like my entire fleet in his front arc. That strategy, with some help from my slicer tools, ultimately backfired on Lord Preyer though, as his ISD got stuck at speed 1 in a very bad double double arc from my Arquitens (absolute MVP) and Demolisher. Our squadrons (my dedicated tie ace wing and his defenders + ig + vader wing) just exchanged shots the whole game, with losses on both sides. 

I think we had like 3 game defining moments: the first was an error on my part, moving my raider in his arquitens range before its activation, and I payed for it losing the raider on the following turn. However, I think I made up for my error on the 3rd and 4th turn, when I pulled a very nice "gozanti emergency brake" on the arquitens, who managed to cause something around 15 damage to my opponent ISD in 2 rounds of double arcing, and the best Demolisher Ozzel pounce ever, starting at speed 1 in red range from front of ISD and ending up in black range from a side arc.

All in all a very fun game that could have swung the other way around any minute. Mention of honor goes to Lord Preyer, who was very gracious and friendly throughout all the game. As often is the case with my Vassal opponents, I'd really like to play a rematch. 

Sounds like you had much more of a plan for deployment and movement this time around!

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Sounds like you had much more of a plan for deployment and movement this time around!

Did I? Uhmm, I should stop cutting the board in half with a MSU list, thus getting outdeployed even when I have more deployments than my opponent!

Cactus vs. MattShadowlord ended with Matt getting 207 points to Cactus getting 7.  However:

Due to to a Lambda successfully taking one of the midfield objective tokens (for Targeting Beacons) and running it to the left-hand endzone, Refs have awarded a touchdown and declared the free point kick good, for a total of 14 points to Cactus, and with the only touchdown in the league Cactus is first to make it to the playoffs.  

I'm going to the Disney World.

5 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

Cactus vs. MattShadowlord ended with Matt getting 207 points to Cactus getting 7.  However:

Due to to a Lambda successfully taking one of the midfield objective tokens (for Targeting Beacons) and running it to the left-hand endzone, Refs have awarded a touchdown and declared the free point kick good, for a total of 14 points to Cactus, and with the only touchdown in the league Cactus is first to make it to the playoffs.  

I'm going to the Disney World.

You, sir, are the true champion of the event.

For playing out the game - automatic qualification for 2018.

Miedomeda vs Green Squadron 3 just ended, I won with a Mov of 266 points, 400 to 134 were our scores. I think that accounts for an 8 -3 in my favor, but I can't seem to find the mov table in my docs to check this out :ph34r:

With a bid of 389 against GS3 400, I choose to be first player and picked his fleet ambush objective. My plan was to tie up GS big scary squadron bubble with my ties (pun intended), then strike on the last activation of the first turn with demolisher, so I deployed demolisher, 1 slicer tools gozanti, 1 arquitens and all my squadrons in the ambush zone, while keeping the raider and the 2 other gozanti back to provide support.  GS chose to slow roll all his ships except the general llifeboat at speed 1 in a staggered but tight formation. 

My plan kind of worked out again, even though some very unlucky rolls on my side left GS gallant haven with 3 hull after the infamous demolisher triple tap, just 1 more and 1 could have rammed it to death. Still I was able to circle gallant haven and stick in a good position, just out of danger from squadrons but still able to shoot gallant or pelta next round. In the meanwhile my squadrons were dying like flies due to my attention being drawn by ship combat, and arquitens ultimately fell to the combined firepower of ships and squadrons. GS made a mistake here by not using his Garm nav token to get out of range of demolisher with his gallant, so I was able to kill it and speed up to safety with 2 hulls left, in hunt for his general lifeboat, which I ultimately got. Lastly I managed to bring down some of his squadrons too, and my raider catched the pelta in a double arc, killing it at the beginning of the sixth turn and winning me the game. My losses were arquitens and all my squadrons except for rudor, while I killed all GS's ships. 

All in all a much tenser game than it might look like: having been on the receiving end of fleet ambush against MSU who only want to jump your face during last year's WC, I insta picked that objective. However I misjudjed my squadron activation ability, and I payed quite the price for it in the first couple turns, where gallant haven boosted x wings tore my small force apart while I was busy toying with ships. I enjoyed the game a lot, and I must thank GS for being such a sport throughout the whole game.

Aresius vs Neb ended with a close 6/5 for Aresius, 168:155. Aresius was 2nd player, we played his precision strike. Aresius' deplyoment advantage made it difficult to guess where the ET-beefed up beast would shriek towards me. The squads, though, made the difference, even the bravest corvette cant outrun 4 yt2400s and several more A-wings, activated by Gr-75s.

I should have thrown everything towards the MC80 battle cruiser, exchanging corvettes for her.

Well played, Aresius, and as always a pleasure to play you!

24 minutes ago, NebulonB said:

Aresius vs Neb ended with a close 6/5 for Aresius, 168:155. Aresius was 2nd player, we played his precision strike. Aresius' deplyoment advantage made it difficult to guess where the ET-beefed up beast would shriek towards me. The squads, though, made the difference, even the bravest corvette cant outrun 4 yt2400s and several more A-wings, activated by Gr-75s.

I should have thrown everything towards the MC80 battle cruiser, exchanging corvettes for her.

Well played, Aresius, and as always a pleasure to play you!

I do believe Ginkapo clinches the top spot in Pod 2 with that.

/crosses fingers Zanos goes 6-5 against PartyPotato...

Edited by Truthiness

POD 6 - CNinja (192) vs Ardaedhel (109) (7-4 to CNinja)

Ard took 1st and chose my Hyperspace Assault.  I of course placed Demo there.  I setup my isd to hug the right side of the map, and Ard sent ALL his mc30s at the Motti ISD.  Ard baited me early with Mothma's GR-75 and an MC30 and I had to take it, putting in Demo from Hyperspace.  This resulted in a very weak MC30 but Demo would go down soon after.

My ISD was the star of the show.  It continued to hug the side but popped two MC30s and Mon Mothma.  It took a beating and survived with 2 Hull left. (It might have even been one).

Ard has the log file.  An awesome game with an awesome opponent.  It is always a fantastic game when Cninj/Ard hits the table! No matter what you wimps think! :)

Edited by CaribbeanNinja

Looks like Truthiness gets his wish...  So don't ever say a potato didn't do anything for you.

Great game.  I needed a big win to advance but ended up with a 6-5 loss to Zanos.  I had high hopes of taking down that second ISD but it kept on skirting out of my arcs.  Mission was solar corona.   I was hoping to set up in such a way that would funnel him into a ISD conga line but with JerJer those ISDs have a crazy turning radius.

Zanos 6 - 5 PartyPotato (27 Mov)

Great tournament... been fun and I have learned one thing very clearly... everyone HATES Bossk... that poor guy was target number 1 every game.

20 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

Crazy game. And yes it is true, in space crowded by Z95s, Xwings and YT2400s a lone Lambda Shuttle did indeed manage to take a token from the centre all the way to the end of the board for a classic touch down.

If we assume that token contained the death star plans, this was a CRUSHING VICTORY for Cactusman :D

3 hours ago, PartyPotato said:

Looks like Truthiness gets his wish...  So don't ever say a potato didn't do anything for you.

Great game.  I needed a big win to advance but ended up with a 6-5 loss to Zanos.  I had high hopes of taking down that second ISD but it kept on skirting out of my arcs.  Mission was solar corona.   I was hoping to set up in such a way that would funnel him into a ISD conga line but with JerJer those ISDs have a crazy turning radius.

Zanos 6 - 5 PartyPotato (27 Mov)

Great tournament... been fun and I have learned one thing very clearly... everyone HATES Bossk... that poor guy was target number 1 every game.

Whhaaaaaat?! Heck of a game guys. 

Ard(W) vs Moodswing(L)
10-1 (400 MoV)

We played his Advanced Gunnery.  His objective ship was the ISD and mine was Trembling.  I got the last of his ships on round 6; he got Lando and Cannon Fodder 2.

Fantastic game, great opponent, and really appreciate his patience as I kept having to run off mid-attack to take care of the baby...

Log file

Very quick so that the tourney can continue:

Neb defeated Alex, 7/4, cant remember MOV now, he was second player and we played Nav Hazards.

A great player to play against, true sportsman.

Thx for the tourney, Biggs, also GK for chaperon duties. GL to all in the elimination rounds, especially Pod 2!  Next time I try not to lose by 2 and 12 MOV.