Sign in to follow this  
Hrathen

Why I'm not excited for the new epic scum ship.

1- I already own 4 epic ships and I have yet to play an epic game.

2- I really don't care about the Syck

3- I know there is going to a great crew or other upgrade card in the set, with no other way to get it... probably more than one. Likely something that will be a must take for several Scum lists.

Ok. That's your position and I respect that. You are opening yourself up to the Internet which is infamously unforgiving to those with opinions. But that's my opinion.

I'm not excited because it's scum... But I like that it's coming so that scum players around me can use their preferred force in epic games we play.

What's keeping you from playing an epic game, anyway?

I'm excited!

More ships of ANY kind are great!

EPIC ships are even BETTER!!!

It will be fun getting a wider variety of Epics on the table at one time. Throwing a couple of CROCS on the table with a Tantive and a couple of Transports will make for even more fun! (Might as well mix and match, right! At least til more Epics arrive!! LOL!)

Any reason to put more ships on the table!

Edited by Plainsman

3- I know there is going to a great crew or other upgrade card in the set, with no other way to get it... probably more than one. Likely something that will be a must take for several Scum lists.

1. I feel you on that. The only reason why I was able to play any Epic games at all is because my FLGS organize Team Epic tournaments but I can assure you that on a week night and players not having their list ready until 45 mins after the tournament is supposed to begin does make getting epic games a bit of a cluster. 
  2. For me the new title isn't really that game changing. I don't think it will bring the scyk into the meta the way the Raider brought the TIE advanced into the meta.
  3. There is OP cards that could happen. After all C-3PO is a <crew> card so I won't say that the huge ship is the only way. Sure it might be a year or two later and the meta might have already passed but again it is not going to be the win everything card. Palp Aces hasn't won a worlds or nationals yet.

The clear facts are that you do not care about SCUM or EPIC so why should we care that you do not like THE GLORIOUS NEW SCUM EPIC SHIP?

Hurump-Sah!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I respect your opinion if you haven't played epic games. I've only done "mini epic" so far (casual game played to 200 points and small epics allowed). I think the idea is fun, and would like to try some more of it. But if that's not your deal, that is totally ok.

I am pretty stoked about it because I enjoy playing scum and would like to see the goodies that come along with this ship, specifically the ones we don't know about yet more so than the "light" interceptor.

While i don't play epic that often i do enjoy a game or two. I mainly use Epic Ships as set pieces and for the 'cool factor'.

While some may not be excited for it (which i can respect) i am excited for two reasons.

1. Scyk gettin some love. I like the Scyk and have been enjoying its recent buff. Now we can get more goodies for it? Yes please.

2. MOAR SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I don't like about it is factoring in the cost. I'm already way behind on my "fleet" and this just sets me further back :)

Scum was real low on my list till the wife picked out the ig-2k as the next ship she wants to fly....

Epics are great! Planning a 1200 pointer for March or April.

You get a chance to use ships that are not normally playable with weapon loadouts not normally carried. You're missing out on a great game by not playing Epic.

Use a dry erase board to keep track of turns, activations and attacks. Makes things easier to follow.

I love epic casual, it is my favorite form of play at a house where I can drink beer. Yes it takes awhile, but it is worth the fun factor.

Recommendation for house rules, agree to "round" pilot skill up or down on certain numbers to make turns go quicker. If you have lots of PS 3, agree that PS 2s and PS 4s will be counted as PS 3s. This cuts down time and confusion dramatically.

4 players is fun. 2 people per team, 1 person takes an epic ship(s) and a few "same-build" fighters, and the other deals with the rest of the fleet.

I highly recommend making a night of it, it is the most fun I have had playing X-Wing.

Unless you play in tournaments, you can just pretend you have whatever cards you like! If you do I'm sure someone in your local community will have purchased the ship, and would be happy to lend you a card or two for a day!

And if you can get some epic games in i do recommend it, they are a lot of fun! They take a bit longer and require a diferent thought process, but flying the huge ships around and shooting turbolasers off at long ranges is very satisfying!

You can tell him he needs to play epic, or that he needs to suck it up, but I feel for this guy. If you are a player who, for whatever reason, prefers to focus on 100 point play specifically, it is easy to see how it can be a major annoyance to pay a large amount of money for a few upgrade cards because they are tied to a hunk of plastic you don't have a use for. I don't think it's awful for someone to wish there was a cheap way to get the valuable upgrade cards which, if the past shows us anything, the epics almost always have some of the most valuable in the game.

You can tell him he needs to play epic, or that he needs to suck it up, but I feel for this guy. If you are a player who, for whatever reason, prefers to focus on 100 point play specifically, it is easy to see how it can be a major annoyance to pay a large amount of money for a few upgrade cards because they are tied to a hunk of plastic you don't have a use for. I don't think it's awful for someone to wish there was a cheap way to get the valuable upgrade cards which, if the past shows us anything, the epics almost always have some of the most valuable in the game.

I don't disagree, and I would have thought they would release tournament participation prizes for Palpatine by now, and would hope they do this for the possible analog in Jabba. That being said, they have been rather consistent with epic ships coming with non-epic gems. They even do it in Armada with the correllian campaign. I'm not saying I agree with the practice, far from it, but I sincerely doubt they will ever change this practice.

it is easy to see how it can be a major annoyance to pay a large amount of money for a few upgrade cards because they are tied to a hunk of plastic you don't have a use for. 

Nobody is pointing a gun to anyones head and ordering them to buy something they don't want to.

There are a lot of ships with a lot of upgrades more used on other ships, it's the business model of the game. You can complain about it but it hasn't changed in the past 5 years.

I never get the chance to play epic and that is not going to change. Another epic ship to me is like a new Imperial Assault expansion, totally useless cause I don't play that game and never will. Scum is my favorite faction and the Scyk is a great ship. From my perspective, packing scyk cards with epic is just like bundling a new X-wing expansion with an uber-deluxe $60 special edition monopoly! :(