Sign in to follow this  
Punning Pundit

Side note about the Light Scyk title:

By releasing upgrades specifically targeted at a Legendary ship, FFG have pretty much laid to rest the notion that Disney won't let them revisit the E-Wing.

Or maybe Disney is telling FFG to hold off on the E-Wing because Disney wants to reintroduce the ship into the Canon the way they are the Defender.

Or maybe the design team at FFG is so taken by the new Canon toys that they're not exited about the E-Wing.

Or maybe they can't figure out a good way to buff Knave and Blackmoon without making Corran a god. I'm pretty sure the release of R-3 was an attempt at doing exactly that, but it didn't quite work.

I think stuff tied to current media is just going to sell better. The Rebels have a wealth of stuff available from Rebels (Phoenix Squadron A-Wings, Prototype Bladewing/B-Wing, Chopper as an Astromech, Phoenix Leader title for VCX-100, etc) and Rogue One (Blue Squadron X-Wings, K-2SO, Saw, etc); why bother with old Legends stuff right now? The Scum and Imperials have to dig a little deeper but this is a golden age of new content for the good guys.

It's not like anyone is telling them not to do E-Wings - we just got E-Wings for Armada released last month. I just think they've got a lot of cool new stuff right now.

Frankly, I expect to see more Episode IV Y-Wing pilots before they fiddle with the E-Wing.

It gives the scum a 2nd swarm ship but not a second interceptor (like the A-wing).

Butt again with the rebels getting the TIE Fighter I think they are trying to bring in a little more variety with the swarm ships besides take the cheapest pilot and run as many of that one single ship. So evolving from a zergling rush to the zerg-bane rush.

Edited by Marinealver

I think what it proves to us is that most releases WILL directly tie into current Star Wars media, but they can be flexible once they have made that happen.  Imperial Vets had a Bomber, and now the Defender is canonized, a decision which would have been made during or before the development of Imperial Veterans, whether or not FFG knew that at the time.  This contains a great deal of content based on Rebels, and then they splash in content that updates an old ship that will increase sales of the set.  Such a trend will likely continue.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. The E-wing's a Legends ship and so is the M3A. Were you expecting E-wing upgrades in a Scum expansion or something?

I think the OP is wondering if Disney is going to bring the Scyk into their retconned cannon since after the Disney take over of the $tar War$ IP nothing outside of Rebels/Movies were made (with exception of Bounty Hunter Ships, Kihrax, and the Heavy Bombers).

Or maybe they can't figure out a good way to buff Knave and Blackmoon without making Corran a god. I'm pretty sure the release of R-3 was an attempt at doing exactly that, but it didn't quite work.

There is no way that could be remotely considered an attempt to buff the Knave and Blackmoon. They are far too low PS to ever make use of the Evade token.

I honestly think Disney has much less interest and input in this game than people think. LFL on the other hand probably has a larger pull in regards to what FFG can and do release. But even then, I'm not sure they were ever telling them they can't release legends ships.

Well yeah, Disney doesn't care too much what FFG does with the game as long as it is still selling and bringing attention to $tar War$. Still there is probably an agreement (the formal one written out on different pages of paper) that explains FFG's product launch schedule along with the agreement that 2 new ships per movie will be released for as long as Disney does this annual movie launch schedule.

Still the movies and even the show Rebels don't bring that much new material so FFG will still have to look elsewhere. So we still might see that Assault Gunboat many Imperial players have been crying out for.

Or maybe Disney is telling FFG to hold off on the E-Wing because Disney wants to reintroduce the ship into the Canon the way they are the Defender.

I guess with EP8 Poe Dameron gets yet another release >.>

Standard Poe

Black Poe

E-Poe

hell, lets get an alt art card of Oscar Isaac in a turtleneck and we can have the I-Poe

FFG have pretty much laid to rest the notion that Disney won't let them revisit the E-Wing.

There never really was any evidence for this notion anyway, I think.

I 100% agree. I'm just sick of people saying that Disney won't let FFG revisit the Legends ships. Lots of people are spending a lot of time looking for reasons to be mad about the buyout, and they've fixated on this one. I'm glad we've got evidence they're wrong.

FFG's licensing contract is undoubtedly with LucasFilms. I personally think that Disney is taking a totally hands off approach with Star Wars. The IP has been making money for 40 years, they have no need to interfere with their subsidiary to have it do well.

I honestly think Disney has much less interest and input in this game than people think. LFL on the other hand probably has a larger pull in regards to what FFG can and do release. But even then, I'm not sure they were ever telling them they can't release legends ships.

A 'you're not allowed to release Legends ships. EVER AGAIN.' probably doesn't exist. A push to support current canon and prioritize the popularization of active products (Rebels and new movies) is much more likely.

It's also probably easier to get through license review. 

E-Wing "Yeah, so, we've got some ideas on it, but we're not 100% sure on it, so we may need to scrap this fluff or that fluff, and then maybe in a couple years it'll be in a cartoon or movie and you'd never know..." is probably not as ideal for development as something which showed up on Rebels, was probably decently outlined by story group already because of it and thus has some clear guidelines LFL can approve without any hemming and hawing. 

I'm 100% fine with the E-wing and Punisher never getting fixed and never getting new pilots. :mellow:

Here's a fun observation, the scyk is going to have more unique pilots than all the Rebel and Scum Y-wing pilots combined. <_<

the E-Wing got a mention in the canon novel Bloodline ...... so I wonder where they will go from there

I missed that! Can you remember the context?

Ill have to look it up but from memory they was only 1 line referring to some one patrolling in an e-wing

It gives the scum a 2nd swarm ship but not a second interceptor (like the A-wing).

Butt again with the rebels getting the TIE Fighter I think they are trying to bring in a little more variety with the swarm ships besides take the cheapest pilot and run as many of that one single ship. So evolving from a zergling rush to the zerg-bane rush.

GAD-DAM-YEA; PLAY STAR WARS!!!

If sum-dope put down a  swarm of beanies TIE's like six of them or so; I would slap them really hard in the face!

I'm big enough to salil you crossed the room too!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

DAT TIE is supposed to be a one off special for STORY DRIVEN GAMES!

:angry:

If sum-dope put down a  swarm of beanies TIE's like six of them or so; I would slap them really hard in the face!

Except that you could only field a maximum of four ;)

Edited by RogueLeader42

Except that you could only field a maximum of Flur ;)

NAH-HEL-NAH!!!

SAME STUPID LITTLE SHIP... that just happened to have a few peoples get in it, besides Beanies...

:lol:  :P  :D

REB%2BTIE%2BSABINE.png REB%2BSABINE.PNG REB%2BZEB..png REB%2BDROID%2BCHOPPER.png REB%2BEZRA.png REB%2BHERA.PNG

"Here we are, and ain't we dumb?!"

;)