Sign in to follow this  
Eruantalon

The Shuffle out of Space - my blog about AH:TCG

22 hours ago, Network57 said:

It's an Event, so you choose to play it. If you don't, it stays in your hand another turn and its Revelation effect triggers.

So you pay 2 resources, and set a doom on the agenda. And it's done? That doesn't seem very bad... I've not played her though so maybe I'm missing something? 

2 hours ago, Goseki1 said:

So you pay 2 resources, and set a doom on the agenda. And it's done? That doesn't seem very bad... I've not played her though so maybe I'm missing something? 

Well, look at it this way: You're losing 2 resources, and action for the turn, and speeding up the doom. In many cases, you don't have a lot of time to begin with, and depending on how you build your deck, mystics add quite a bit of doom to the Agenda. Plus if the game goes long, it does get reshuffled back in your deck to see again.

Also, it does cause the agenda to advance if it's the final token needed, so it can start a whole chain of bad depending on the timing. 

His personal weakness isn't mandatory by the way. You have to choose to activate it when you gain a clue, so if you're up for some self sacrifice, you can just ignore your weakness completely and gather clues as normal, taking the trauma at the end.

You're confusing keywords and traits. Keywords belong to a set list (which might get expanded with the cardpool - this happened in other games, but not often), have an effect defined in the rules and appear in normal type (Hunter or Fast, for instance). Traits do not belong to a set list, are only referenced by card text (if at all) and appear in bold italics (Talent or Monster, for instance).

So I've nit used Wendy yet. I hadn't appreciated that to use her amulet you had to commit a card, so you could chuck it into the discard pile, and then you could play it as if it was in your hand. That's really cool/interesting. 

Edited by Goseki1

I can't work out how to subscribe to your blog, but I intend on having a read through all your content as it comes out. Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words ; ) It's a great thing, there is so much fan-related content in the network!

On 2/1/2017 at 2:41 AM, Goseki1 said:

Fair point. I guess it just feels very simple to dismiss unlike Roland's where you could waste three actions (or more depending on your token draw luck) trying to get a clue. 

Agnes's Weakness cuts an entire round off the Doom clock. It's like wasting three actions from everyone.

Good write-up on Song of the Dead. I've been looking for a rationalization to include it, and you hit a couple decent points I never realized. First, it's superior to Shrivelling when only 1 damage is needed. No need to waste high-value Spell charges for some Rats. Secondly, the math showing overall damage proves that you get more damage per resource, if only at a slower pace. I think I need to try a second Jim solo campaign and look into this card. I really want it to work thematically, I'm just concerned Jim (the Investigator it's obviously intended to be for) can't hold his own. Thankfully, Dunwich seems more forgiving towards non-Combat Investigators. Night of the Zealot is far more fight-focused, with each scenario requiring fights with bosses or mini-bosses.

You are quite right, haven't noticed it so clearly before - the focus has shifted a bit towards investigating now. At least until Miskatonic ; )

Standard Shroud is now 3, while it used to be 2. It also puts bit of a toll on Rex!

Edited by Eruantalon

Last time we tried the university, we realized we wouldn't have enough time to defeat the Experiment (too many Ancient Evils)... so Rex guzzled the clues in the Dormitories (our original plan was to get them if we could and defeat the Experiment for the XP), with a bit of help from the other 3 (helps that Shroud is really low).

Edited by Khudzlin