Sign in to follow this  
Blail Blerg

Tie Striker wings move!!

At the very real risk of making the Striker drought more severe... Wow!  These are so cute!  And fun.  

Has anyone played them?  do they go pop very easily?  Are they hard countered by turrets? 

Is anything else worth it other than VI Duchess Lightframe? 

Is a 5 Striker swarm with Duchess and Countdown a good idea? 

At the very real risk of making the Striker drought more severe... Wow!  These are so cute!  And fun.  

Has anyone played them?  do they go pop very easily?  Are they hard countered by turrets? 

Where would you get five Strikers?

Our store just got one and I liberated it from the packaging tonight. I'm looking forward to trying it out but me and Imperial fighters have a bit of mutual hatred. They tend to pop... So I expect the same here.

As much fun as it is flying the Striker, they feel very much like pre-Autothruster Interceptors and are as such very, VERY vulnerable to turrets - particularly TLT's, which can essentially negate Sabacc (one good round of shooting) AND Countdown's abilities, and Dash, who just gives them nightmares.

My experiences flying Duchess and Sabacc have yielded poor results - they feel far too squishy to really get near anything, and they frequently fall flat on offence. I havn't yet tried Predator on them, but it feels I'd be throwing more points after bad, with Duchess now reaching 28pts with Lightweight Frame as well (which, although not providing great results, feels essential for the 2-defence-die Striker).

I havn't tried the generics yet, so perhaps there is more value in the cheaper ones, but I fear the Striker is not going to make much of an impact. Perhaps the Upsilon will help it out - certainly Hux/Stridan show promise there - but I'm not holding my breath. Which is a shame, because the model is superb (far better than I thought) and the title makes it enjoyable to fly...until it gets blown to bits.

Edited by MalusCalibur

Yup... It's going to pop... And two points on a sometimes maybe green die... Yeah... Green death, me thinks... So... Let's approach this differently. I think I will fly this Tuesday...

Aces Over TIEs (99)

"Pure Sabacc" (23) - TIE Striker

Veteran Instincts (1), Adaptive Ailerons (0)

Mauler Mithel (19) - TIE Fighter

Snap Shot (2)

"Howlrunner" (18) - TIE Fighter

Trick Shot (0)

Backstabber (16) - TIE Fighter

Lieutenant Colzet (23) - TIE Advanced

TIE/x1 (0), Fire Control System (2)

We've got a local guy who has taken to running the 3 named Strikers along with a Palp Shuttle, its actually done pretty well...

Ended up in a situation where my Kavil (Outside arc, TLT, so 4 dice) couldn't land a single hit upon one of his strikers for 2 rounds (2 base, +1 for obstruction, +1 for Lightweight Frame)

Strikers are slippery as hell. They take a lot of thought, and a little practice, but they have a flexibility which goes beyond arc-dodging. Doing an aileron bank into a 2 sloop the other way to drop right behind the enemy at range 1 is but one of the many tricks they can get up to. 

I faced them last game, they look cool and I like that the wings move. I thought they flew like a Phantom (Echo) at a constant decloak, they fought hard and hit hard! Though I did smash them up a bit with my B-wings and Tantive.

I got my hands on a striker and they are very very fragile even with LWF, they are high mobile flankers and are very slippery, no TL kinda puts them in a bind for options, focus is good but they want an evade if they are going to be shot at. They are like phantoms, they really need practice to fly them right

Edited by Oberron

Flew 4 Strikers today, Duchess, Sabacc, Countdown and a ps 1 striker against Han and Nora. Game was over after two rounds when the strikers focused down Nora and dug deep into Hans shields, with no imperial ships lost. Duchess has a hull upgrade and Sabacc a shield upgrade with VI to make them more survivable. The pre maneuver allows them to avoid other ships with arcs.

I can see that turrets can be a problem, but with 12-17(range dependent) red dice focusing down on ships it will come down to the approach and exit from the initial engagement just like it was with 4 Y TLT. Remember those horrible days for the empire? I rarely pull it off, but when I do it's soooo satisfying.

Having three named pilots gives you a triple threat and three opportunities for the opposition to pick on the wrong one:)

I love these interceptors (as they should have been) / baby Echoes.

Our store just got one and I liberated it from the packaging tonight. I'm looking forward to trying it out but me and Imperial fighters have a bit of mutual hatred. They tend to pop... So I expect the same here.

The store I went to for an OP yesterday still had some Strikers and that is after a guy bought five of them as soon as they came in last month. They had multiple U-Wings as well (I'm already kicking myself for not buying a U-Wing while I was there).

Yup... It's going to pop... And two points on a sometimes maybe green die... Yeah... Green death, me thinks... So... Let's approach this differently. I think I will fly this Tuesday...

Aces Over TIEs (99)

"Pure Sabacc" (23) - TIE Striker

Veteran Instincts (1), Adaptive Ailerons (0)

Mauler Mithel (19) - TIE Fighter

Snap Shot (2)

"Howlrunner" (18) - TIE Fighter

Trick Shot (0)

Backstabber (16) - TIE Fighter

Lieutenant Colzet (23) - TIE Advanced

TIE/x1 (0), Fire Control System (2)

As someone who has used Colzet extensively, and much to the annoyance of some of my opponents, seeing his name on that gave me a ridiculous grin. FYI, he and Wampa are the BEST of buddies. I'd give legit thought to swapping Backstabber for Wampa and TC for the same points. That combo has put in some serious twerk for me in the past...

As someone who has used Colzet extensively, and much to the annoyance of some of my opponents, seeing his name on that gave me a ridiculous grin. FYI, he and Wampa are the BEST of buddies. I'd give legit thought to swapping Backstabber for Wampa and TC for the same points. That combo has put in some serious twerk for me in the past...

Colzet has been good to me in the few times I have used him.

Wampa would have fit right in had I picked up the Gozanti. I've had pretty good luck with Backstabber though.

I have terrible/wonderful stories about my exploits with Colzet. Going 10-1 with a 4x Advanced list featuring him and some very shocked opponents is among my highlights of X-wing.

As is landing the stress crit on an already stressed Poe, under the shields via the Wampa/Colzet combo, and proceeding to ignore him, but constantly reflip the crit until I was finished dealing with his wingmen.

Edited by NakedDex

I haven't flown my Striker yet. I just got it the other night. I'll probably be giving it a try in about an hour or so, along with a slightly odd Defender build that I have wanted to try but haven't gotten the chance yet. Something else I'm looking forward to trying, LWF on Gamma Squadron Vet with Determination. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-x-wing-tie-striker-expansion-pack/30420114?ean=0841333101855

There are 2 in my local area for sale, also just checking random zip codes I see a couple here and there around America so check your local area. (I got mine last week just walking into the store)

Edited by Cubanboy

I have terrible/wonderful stories about my exploits with Colzet. Going 10-1 with a 4x Advanced list featuring him and some very shocked opponents is among my highlights of X-wing.

As is landing the stress crit on an already stressed Poe, under the shields via the Wampa/Colzet combo, and proceeding to ignore him, but constantly reflip the crit until I was finished dealing with his wingmen.

I was able to one-shot Corran and Whisper with a wampa+colzet combo. Direct hit and boom!