Sign in to follow this  
Union

Rebels

We may have just got the worst episodes ever with Geonosis's Ghosts.  Spoilers:  After murdering a squad of Rebels and then trying to murder some more they let the Geonosin go despite him having important information because... reasons.  Wow, painfully stupid.  It only cost them knowing about the death star 2 years early in time to sabotage it and save Alderan.  BUT WAIT!  Chopper was there and would have recorded everything the Geonosian said and figured it out when he got back to the ship... no, no, of course not.

But we had Rocket Troopers!  Just in time for Jabba's Realm, oh and Saw.  So we get to see what he was doing before Rogue One.  Having his squad murdered and getting nothing for it.

What really bothers me is that an Imperial light cruiser gets one shot by TWO torpedo's? I guess Shields don't mean squat. Rebels sometimes.. I tell ya.

shields in this universe are broken into two types, Ray and Particle, usually Ray only work against laser projectiles, they very rarely work against physical objects, making torps a very powerful weapon against them. We can only assume that the light cruiser had its Ray shields turned on at the time and for some reason didn't have its particle shields turned on (i know right! why?).

Hera made a comment about the captains inexperience, perhaps she was referring to the bad positioning/lack of shields for a torp blast. At the end of the day we should remember this is a kids show guys... on DisneyXD. I don't think torture or sad endings are even possible lol.

Edited by FrogTrigger

Rebels to me has been dumb for about 75% of the episodes.

agreed.  i watched a few episodes here and there and they've all been terrible

what they should have done was focus a lot more on Vader, how he grows into a menacing dark lord of the sith and his hunt to track down and kill all remaining jedi in the galaxy.   I would have watched the hell out of it.. instead they gave us a typical disney crap shoot with a rag tag clan of a PG inspired children's show.  Clone wars were amazing halfway through season 3 up until the end when Disney bought the star war rights.  I really wish they would have continued with the same grim and dark story line that clone wars took

Edited by executor

Again, it is a kids show on Disney XD.

Are you a kid?

No?

Then you are not their target audience! lol

It's like watching an adult film and being upset with all the sex.. what did you expect going in?

you know that clone wars was meant for kids originally right?  they realized they had a large adult audience and their story went dark.  while still being able to cater to kids, it was something that was suitable for all ages... Rebels? only suitable for children in my opinion

Edited by executor

Murdering as in defending his home and potential lifeline for his entire species against an aggressive species in humanity, who wiped out nearly every Geonosian, im with him.

The only thing we know him having info on is 2 circles and they think it was the bombs

Murdering as in defending his home and potential lifeline for his entire species against an aggressive species in humanity, who wiped out nearly every Geonosian, im with him.

The only thing we know him having info on is 2 circles and they think it was the bombs

He's a mass murderer who kills people on sight.  Ezra's reasoning is that "anyone carrying a weapon is fair game to be murdered."  Maybe Ezra has fallen to the dark side, but the rest of the crew hasn't.  He leaves this "crucial" egg in a junk room rather than deeper in the caves where he eventually goes because it's "safer."

They leave him knowing he has more information.  They don't take any of the droid's heads with them, nor do they replay his conversation that Chopper recorded to discover what he was saying.

It was an EXTREMELY poorly made episode in every way.

Did this episode cost us part of the overall story with Thrawn just to ram Saw in?  Maybe.

What really bothers me is that an Imperial light cruiser gets one shot by TWO torpedo's? I guess Shields don't mean squat. Rebels sometimes.. I tell ya.

Seems to be what Disney is after.  They pretty much take out a star destroyer with a couple ion torpedoes in Rogue One.  Storm Troopers get mowed down trivially in HUGE numbers by anything, robots, people with sticks, Rey who has never fired a gun before, etc.  Brutally murdering a bunch of people who were your buddies 5 minutes ago like Fenn did when he stole a tie fighter and mowed down people in the tower and bay, or Saw's squad, also seems to be what Disney wants.  Also suicide like Saw who decided to stay and eat an "Independence Day" walking wall of fire.

Edited by Union

Besides, he needed to survive too keep the canon consistent, allowing for Darth Vader to eventually make it there and kill the last queen, hatched from that egg.

Are you a kid?

No?

It's like watching an adult film and being upset with all the sex.. what did you expect going in?

you know that clone wars was meant for kids originally right?  they realized they had a large adult audience and their story went dark.  while still being able to cater to kids, it was something that was suitable for all ages... Rebels? only suitable for children in my opinion

I have no idea what your point here. I've said multiple times Rebels is a kids show and anyone who watches it should expect a kids show.

Are you a kid?

No?

I have no idea what your point here. I've said multiple times Rebels is a kids show and anyone who watches it should expect a kids show.

I don't expect a kid's shows to go "hey, he's a mass murderer, lets let him go free!  His Jihad is just as valid as our rebellion to save the galaxy, even though we don't murder people on sight."  I don't expect ANY show to do that sort of sickening nonsense.

Rebels is great.  Very good Star Wars feel to the whole show.  Every episode is tense, fun, and very light on filler.  Stuff happens.  Blasters and lightsabers get drawn.  New characters appear and mean something.  Main characters develop.  It's a really well written show, especially for a kids show.

Just started recently, and I love it.  I watched all of The Clone Wars, and while I also liked that, I find Rebels to be a little more focused.  I liked TCW's arcs, but they often seemed random.  For instance, it was cool to see Ahsoka train Saw Guererra in rebel tactics, but did we really need 3-4 episode arcs about a tiny frogman leading a team of droids, or younglings finding their kyber crystals?  I wouldn't have minded single episodes like that, but near the end TCW seemed obsessed with not doing one-off episodes, focusing everything on constant arcs, regardless of how trivial the episode was.  

Rebels just seems more focused, at least so far.

As far as recording Klik-Klak's words, and translating them later, for all we know he was literally saying "big circle in a little circle!" in geonossian. 

Plus what reason would they have to try and translate what he said, they were all convinced that he was referring to the poison canisters. 

It makes sense that he'd keep the egg in his nest as opposed to deeper in the tunnels. He'd want it as close to him as possible. He obviously felt it was safer there, until the end of the episode when he felt any external threat had passed. 

Edited by RogueLieutenant

You are looking to deep into specifics, when it comes to children's programming the big picture take home message is the focus.

The big picture takehome message is that they missed their chance to know about the Death Star 2 years early, which would have been the information they needed to take to the senate of the empire's shady side, and would have saved Alderaan.  It may have even been enough to prevent the empire from taking complete power and won the entire war.

The reason was that him slaughtering a rescue team on sight and trying to slaughter the 2nd one was that it was "the right thing to do."  Which, it quite obviously wasn't, it was grotesquely evil.

You are looking to deep into specifics, when it comes to children's programming the big picture take home message is the focus.

The big picture takehome message is that they missed their chance to know about the Death Star 2 years early, which would have been the information they needed to take to the senate of the empire's shady side, and would have saved Alderaan.  It may have even been enough to prevent the empire from taking complete power and won the entire war.

The reason was that him slaughtering a rescue team on sight and trying to slaughter the 2nd one was that it was "the right thing to do."  Which, it quite obviously wasn't, it was grotesquely evil.

I think your definition of "grotesquely evil" and mine are quite different.

He's defended his home (geonosis/tunnels), using weapons at his disposal (droids) to kill intruders (saw's team)

As for "missing the opportunity" to learn about the DS?

Who's to say this Geonosian even knew about the thing? And can you miss an opportunity if you don't even know it's there?

Edited by Majushi

Alright, I'm almost caught up with Rebels- a few thoughts on what I'd like to see incorporated into Imperial Assault

I guess there'll be a few minor spoilers in this, so be warned.

Allies-

Zeb- I'd love to see him.  While he's far from my favorite character on the show, he fills an interesting niche in that he'd be a big, hard hitting model that's also pretty fast.  His table presence, both in attributes and quality of component, could be really impressive.

Sabine- I want to paint this model so bad, it'd be a lot of fun.   She'd also be pretty interesting- I wonder if we'd see her ranged mode or her... well, to prevent spoilers, we'll call it her "melee mode".

Ahsoka- I hated her for most of The Clone Wars, but she's become one of the most interesting threads connecting the Star Wars universe now, and she's much less annoying than her original incarnation.  Also, white lightsabers would make her pop out on the tabletop.

Rex- A clone ally?  I'd love to see it.  Maybe he could come in the same pack as Ahsoka.  I like the idea of including multiple heroes for a single mission- allows for more variety.

Honestly, while they're probably the most likely to appear, I could do without Kanan and Ezra.  They're just not that interesting to me, especially so when we already have plenty of Jedi in the game already.  

Villains-

Maul- Easy inclusion.  Also, mercs could get a good force user finally

Kallus- I like the idea of having Kallus be a pretty effective support hero, but playing with him requires the Imperial player to play with all open and reserved group cards played faceup so the Rebels can see them.

Inquisitors- I'd want three inquisitors (5th brother, 7th sister, 8th brother) to all be won by a single mission, where they all make an appearance.  Perhaps the Imperials get only those three, plus Vader, and the Rebel's job is to protect Vader.  Maybe throw in a single open group so the Rebels can bring in a single trooper group (or the GI!).  Could make for an interesting mission, particularly if there are other objectives before taking on Vader.

Units-

Stormrooper Cadets- Maybe a cheap group of 4 units.  B+G attack, damage-1.

AT-DP-  A new vehicle type would look great on the map.  Make it less powerful than an AT-ST.  I could see this thing going for 6 or 7 points- and honestly, it's a single figure deployment, it shouldn't be much more than that anyway.

Battle Droids- Would be a great merc addition.  Heck, throw in some droidekas, B2s, all sorts of stuff.

Imperial Mandalorians- Good fast, ranged units for the mercs.  Or, possibly a merc/Imperial crossover card?

edit: Had another few ideas.

Imperial Sentry Droids- The Empire could use a few more droids on their side

Hando- Scum villain.  Would be neat to have him as a sort of Han-like unit

Edited by subtrendy