Sign in to follow this  
Chillmire

Dauntless Strikers

So I recently got ahold of a couple of Strikers and by gum I love this ship. I've heard complaints that the dial is a bit unimpressive but having tested it out with Adaptive Ailerorileronsail I've realised that it doesn't even need to be impressive.

One thing I agree with however is the underwhelming damage output, if only caused by the fact it doesn't have a Target Lock. I've tried to think of a few ways to remedy this, but this is the list that shone out to me the most;

"Duchess" - TIE Striker (23)
- Veteran Instincts (1)
- Adaptive Ailerons (0)
- Twin Ion Engine mkII (1)

"Pure Sabacc" - TIE Striker (22)
- Veteran Instincts (1)
- Adaptive Ailerons (0)
- Twin Ion Engine mkII (1)

Captain Oicunn - VT-49 Decimator
- Intimidation (2)
- Ysanne Isard (4)
- Intelligence Agent (1)
- Dauntless (2)

The idea is to use Oicunn to bump as much as possible and properly limit the defensive capabilities of any ship he manages to land on, and the Strikers can use the staggering amount of mobility they have to ensure they're getting shots off on the ship that Oicunn is bullying. Whether or not this will be remotely competitive or even a good idea in the slightest, I have no idea. But it looks like a fun list, and one that I'm really looking for feedback on! Thanks.

you might consider hotshot co-pilot on the decimator, I have played against this type build and the stripped tokens are frustrating.

If he was using Chiraneau, then I could see your point, but on a PS 4 ship used primarily for blocking, he's not going to get very good value out of hot-shot co-pilot.

Having said that, Ysanne Isard does not have good synergy with Dauntless (since if you use the title, you cannot activate Isard).

Intel Agent is also not very useful here, because you cannot reposition with Oicunn anyway, so you can't really take advantage of the information it provides (well, maybe with your TIE strikers, but their Pilot Skill is not low, so its not going to be useful very often)

Personally, I'd drop Intel Agent and Dauntless title to put Rebel Captive on Oicunn. 

Agreed. I'm also afraid your Strikers are going to get smashed to pieces by turrets with only 2 green Dice. But as you said you're looking for fun and not necessarily competitiveness and your list does look really fun :)

Agree with the above posts; the other thing is that stress on Oicunn means he can't clear while still ramming next round, as the VT-49 doesn't have any speed 1 green maneuvers. I'd personally lose the title and upgrade the TIE mk. IIs to Lightweight Frame; that should help with the turret issue.

Agree with the above posts; the other thing is that stress on Oicunn means he can't clear while still ramming next round, as the VT-49 doesn't have any speed 1 green maneuvers. I'd personally lose the title and upgrade the TIE mk. IIs to Lightweight Frame; that should help with the turret issue.

Not really.  So far, I haven't found lightweight frame to be worth it.  Most turrets are going to push damage through whether you have 2 or 3 green dice...

I'd recommend you take a look at this Squad List thread. A decent amount of what was discussed in there translates easily into things you should consider for your list.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/237327-2-strikers-decimator/

Was just about to post the same. It's just a couple points too light I think to be a real meta contender but it sure is fun and thematic.

Thanks for all the tips guys!

you might consider hotshot co-pilot on the decimator, I have played against this type build and the stripped tokens are frustrating.

If he was using Chiraneau, then I could see your point, but on a PS 4 ship used primarily for blocking, he's not going to get very good value out of hot-shot co-pilot.

Having said that, Ysanne Isard does not have good synergy with Dauntless (since if you use the title, you cannot activate Isard).

Intel Agent is also not very useful here, because you cannot reposition with Oicunn anyway, so you can't really take advantage of the information it provides (well, maybe with your TIE strikers, but their Pilot Skill is not low, so its not going to be useful very often)

Personally, I'd drop Intel Agent and Dauntless title to put Rebel Captive on Oicunn. 

Can you explain how Dauntless prevents you from activating Isard? Can you not perform more than one free action a turn or something?

The Intel Agent was primarily for the Strikers' benefit I'll admit, mostly so that I can decide where to boost based on where his ships are going so as to avoid being blocked, but hindsight has hit me in the face and I've realised I don't really need to see the dial first unless I feel like blocking them instead.

Is stress much of an issue to have around these days? I was under the impression it might not be too much of a bother with Isard on board to provide that evade anyway, but I suppose Black Market Slicers are troublesome these days. 

As far as I can tell there's very little Strikers have to defend against turrets. Lightweight Frame does help and it's certainly worth considering.

I'd recommend you take a look at this Squad List thread. A decent amount of what was discussed in there translates easily into things you should consider for your list.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/237327-2-strikers-decimator/

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a proper read.

Would it be worth trying to shave points off here and there to give one or both of the Strikers Predator to help put damage through? For lack of a better mod, might Targeting Computer be worthwhile? 

Can you explain how Dauntless prevents you from activating Isard? Can you not perform more than one free action a turn or something?

You cannot perform actions (not even free ones) while your ship is stressed.  Dauntless lets you perform an action during the activation phase if you bump, but the ship takes a stress token.  Ysanne Isard triggers in the combat phase (after the activation phase is over), so if you have a stress token on Oicunn already, you cannot use Isard's free action.

Edited by blade_mercurial

You cannot perform actions (not even free ones) while your ship is stressed.  Dauntless lets you perform an action during the activation phase if you bump, but the ship takes a stress token.  Ysanne Isard triggers in the combat phase (after the activation phase is over), so if you have a stress token on Oicunn already, you cannot use Isard's free action.

It all makes sense now. Thanks for the tip!

You could take PTL + Hux/fleet + Issard and PTL off the action in the combat phase... I don't recommend it, but you could. It's not the worst idea I've ever heard.

It would need to be Experimental Interface. PTL only lets you take actions in your action bar.

Also, double stressing hour Deci might not be the best idea, if you want to be making regular use of Ysanne.