Sign in to follow this  
Zeoinx

Ghost Balancing

Can someone explain how to open up the Ghost without damaging it, I cant set it on a shelf without it wanting to fall on its engine, The model is horribly balanced and thus I wanna add some weight to the front of it.

I see that you havent opened the raider yet ;) Put it upside down and give it a little push, if needed, bend the plastic box a little first.

I think he's actually on about opening up the model not the packaging

Fairly sure the front 'gunner' turret is a separate piece, maybe with a keyway to give it orientation...but it's a few months since I opened my last one, so not positive...if I'm right, it should give you a circular access to put some weight in the cockpit area, or fill the turret with lead before replacing it...

...I'm sure I've seen a tear-down pic sequence here or on Facebook, but can't find it now - hopefully others may have better 'GoogleFu' than I  ;)

If I'm right, it may be a case of trying the freezing/repeated-wiggling method to break the glue joins... :unsure:

Edited by ianmiddy

Im not worried about in game, Im worried about on my shelf, I dont want to use the stands for everything

That just reminded me of the WWI Staaken. It was so rear heavy that when parked the front gear didn't touch the ground at all either. Of course this is somewhat different but I just thought of that and was amused. Of course it doesn't take much to amuse me.

Superglue is best for reattachment. Be mindful of increasing the ship's weight and what it will do while on it's stand during game play.

The least invasive way to do this would be to magnetize the base and ship and then put a steel screw into the shelf for the magnet to attach to. It should hold the ship in place then, add very little weight and you won't be pulling apart a pricey ship.

Well, since you guys want that, FINE, Why cant you have the entire crew of the Ghost on board the ship or Shuttle. This is a complete OUTRAGE and should be addressed. The ship is clearly the size of a house! We need more crew slots or lower the point value drastically

On the supplied (tripod) flight stand, I have had no problem with balance or support.  Sure, it is a big model for that stand but I have not experienced the problem you are having.  Are you using the supplied flight stand or trying to make due with a standard Large base and single peg?

On the supplied (tripod) flight stand, I have had no problem with balance or support.  Sure, it is a big model for that stand but I have not experienced the problem you are having.  Are you using the supplied flight stand or trying to make due with a standard Large base and single peg?

Has nothing to do with the stand, Take the model, remove it from the stand, and place it on a table or shelf, or the ground, as you should now see, the engine is on the ground, and the nose is pointing towards the sky instead of looking as if it is landed.

Has nothing to do with the stand, Take the model, remove it from the stand, and place it on a table or shelf, or the ground, as you should now see, the engine is on the ground, and the nose is pointing towards the sky instead of looking as if it is landed.

Ahhh... I see, now.  Yeah, a little weight in the nose, should do it.  Drill a small hole on the bottom, where it cant be seen...squirt in some super glue... pour in some steel or lead BBs... a little more glue and hold it nose down until the glue sets..  Then, patch the hole and cover it with some paint and... voila!  ... She sits all proper-like.

Ahhh... I see, now.  Yeah, a little weight in the nose, should do it.  Drill a small hole on the bottom, where it cant be seen...squirt in some super glue... pour in some steel or lead BBs... a little more glue and hold it nose down until the glue sets..  Then, patch the hole and cover it with some paint and... voila!  ... She sits all proper-like.

Old model airplane trick to get the planes to sit on their nose wheel instead of the tail right there. Fishing weights or BBs, which ever is easier to get and fits in the designated space. This WILL work.

Well, since you guys want that, FINE, Why cant you have the entire crew of the Ghost on board the ship or Shuttle. This is a complete OUTRAGE and should be addressed. The ship is clearly the size of a house! We need more crew slots or lower the point value drastically

Clearly you're doing it wrong, as you are OBVOUSLY supposed to count the title with the Phantom toward the ghost's capacity. 2 pilots and 3 crew gets everyone except chopper. And nobody likes chopper.