Sign in to follow this  
Uumbuku

Retro list building challange

100 point squad.

You only have the following ships and upgrades from their expansions available.

Core set

X Wing

Tie Fighter

Tie Advanced

Y Wing

YT 1300

Firespray

Lamda Shuttle

What's your best squad for Rebels or Imperials?

Probably the classic TIE swarm - 4 Academy Pilots and 4 Obsidian Pilots. You can take Howlrunner, but the problem is that she - unlike Youngster - needs to still be alive when the TIE fighters fire, so the classic mob of academy pilots tends to end up in a tight block around the expanding cloud of debris that used to be Cive Rashon....

I would run a thematic Trench Run list:

Luke Skywalker

- Draw their fire

- R2D2

- Shield Upgrade

Wedge Antilles

- Marksmanship

- R2 Astromech

- Shield Upgrade

Biggs Darklighter

- R5 Astromech

100 Points

That was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, nice challenge!

You cant run swarm if you have 3 ties i guess... I would go for yt-1300 with han, gunner, chewie and engine upgrade paired with luke with r2d2. Imperials are more tricky. Probably tie fighters and firespray, but this list is not good at all.

You cant run swarm if you have 3 ties i guess... I would go for yt-1300 with han, gunner, chewie and engine upgrade paired with luke with r2d2. Imperials are more tricky. Probably tie fighters and firespray, but this list is not good at all.

Which list are you referring to?

Which list are you referring to?

To all. If you have only listed expansions you cant use 7ties, 3 xwings or 8ties. Max of ties is 3, max of x wing is 2 i guess.

Depends on the OP's intent - whether you only have access to the expansions listed (but can take multiple TIE expansions, for example), or only have access to one of each of the expansions listed.

If it's the latter, then Imperials do have a bit of a problem.

Darth Vader is a possibility but rather under-gunned pre TIE/x1 (which was the point, after all).

A mini-swarm of several TIE fighters plus Soontir Fel might work nicely.

• Scimitar Squadron Pilot
  • Backstabber
  • Mauler Mithel
  • Howlrunner
  • Soontir Fel - Push The Limit, Stealth Device
Edited by Magnus Grendel

You have access to multiples of the same expansions.

I joiined the game in wave 5 so I never had the opportunity to fly lists based on earlier waves. I too found it difficult to compromise with only the early upgrades available especially the EPTs. No PTL no predator no intergrated astromech or autothrusters.

The challenge came about from a mission based tourney I recently played based around episode 4 and the battle of Yavin. I ran the rebels and won the trench run final with one Y wing remaining on one hull point who landed his proton torpedo in the exhaust port.

Made me realise how much the game has changed. And how much power creep has settled in since the first 3 waves.