incinerator950

What's your favorite ship?

For me, Fighters: A-Wing, Tie/FO, Fang Fighter, Advanced Tie, Yoda's little Jedi scout ship

Transport: VCX-100, Sentinel Class shuttle, Republic attack shuttle

Corvettes etc: Imperial Assault Carrier, CR90, Hammerhead corvette

Bigger: Pelta Class Frigate, Quaser Fire class Carrier, Executor, Imperial cargo ship

I also like the Patrol transports and the Republic gunships, which remind me of the Hind gunship model I had as a kid

Only one ship?  Sorry, can't do that.

My favorite gaming flight sim ship would probably be the Tie Interceptor (from X-Wing vs Tie Fighters).  The feeling of flying at top speed, using or dumping the energy from my beam option (decoy) and then blasting enemy fighters with no shields of my own was always an adrenaline rush.

In terms of larger ships, I would put the Imperial Star Destroyer and Raider pretty close to my heart.  One from flying near to it in computer games and the other for flying it in X-Wing miniatures.  Both have the feeling of raw, forward facing power!

The aggressor is my favorite miniature, despite its current lack of firepower.  There is something about the cold personality of IG-88 mixed with this aggressive profile that I just love.

Finally, if I could steal a ship from another world and bring it into star wars, it would be the Normandy from Mass Effect 2.  I really love that ship.

"You gotta love the Z-95. Nothing beats the feeling of power they give you."

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Z-95, even though they weren't really all that great in the X-Wing series games.  I think I mainly liked the idea that they were pretty cheap but easily modifiable, meaning you could potentially get a decent fighting platform at a real steal if you put the effort in. 

I also like the lines of the TIE Interceptor.  It just looks so deadly.

For capital ships, the Interdictor had a nice look while filling a unique and very useful role.

Can’t pick just one, but here are some favourites;

First = A-Wing, my old-school go-to, right from the beginning playing X-Wing and Tie Fighter in the 90’s.

Second = Hard to choose between the Rogue-class fighter and the Belbullab-22, especially Cad Bane’s “Xanadu Blood” or General Grievous’ “Soulless One”.

Third = If I wanted to have a personal ship to cruise the galaxy, it would be the Naboo Star Skiff. Classy!

Large ship = definitely the Munificent-class frigate, delightfully ugly.

But now along comes the “U-Wing”.  I need to watch Rogue One again to be sure but it is a fascinating ship.  It’s probably my favourite ‘atmospheric’ ship.

A couple of months ago a question arose among a mix of old and young geeks;  If you were going to travel the galaxy what ship would you choose – from any sci-fi genre.

That prompted a lively discussion. Most of the younger set talked Star Wars.  The older ‘kids’ were a mix of SW and Star Trek with the odd Battlestar Galactica and one hard core Firefly fan.

Can’t pick just one, but here are some favourites;

First = A-Wing, my old-school go-to, right from the beginning playing X-Wing and Tie Fighter in the 90’s.

Second = Hard to choose between the Rogue-class fighter and the Belbullab-22, especially Cad Bane’s “Xanadu Blood” or General Grievous’ “Soulless One”.

Third = If I wanted to have a personal ship to cruise the galaxy, it would be the Naboo Star Skiff. Classy!

Large ship = definitely the Munificent-class frigate, delightfully ugly.

But now along comes the “U-Wing”.  I need to watch Rogue One again to be sure but it is a fascinating ship.  It’s probably my favourite ‘atmospheric’ ship.

A couple of months ago a question arose among a mix of old and young geeks;  If you were going to travel the galaxy what ship would you choose – from any sci-fi genre.

That prompted a lively discussion. Most of the younger set talked Star Wars.  The older ‘kids’ were a mix of SW and Star Trek with the odd Battlestar Galactica and one hard core Firefly fan.

I'd go with a R-902 Ragnarok II or a B-5A Claw Claw for any sci-fi category. R-Type fighters are so powerful that shield technology was nearly pointless. Well, besides the fact the games were designed around not getting hit and the Wave cannons could probably knock out entire squadrons or a Star Destroyer.

I have to admit, favorite atmospheric gunship would be the shARC LAAT gunship from the old CW cartoon, but I prefer orbital insertion via Section 8 by dropping from low orbit/stratosphere just in a suit of power armor.

That's such an easy question though, at least for me. Nothing too large, but not too small either, so around Corvette-class sized.

An Imperial Raider or an Intrepid-class explorer such as the USS Voyager. Maybe a Nova-class.

A Battlestar is too bulky, a Firefly a bit too cramped. 

That's such an easy question though, at least for me. Nothing too large, but not too small either, so around Corvette-class sized.

An Imperial Raider or an Intrepid-class explorer such as the USS Voyager. Maybe a Nova-class.

A Battlestar is too bulky, a Firefly a bit too cramped.

Speaking of Voyager, I love how the ship looks. Variable geometry warp nacelles, bio-neural gel packs, and just a really nice design.

Sticking strictly to choices from the X-Wing Miniatures Game, I'd have to say the CR-90 Corellian Corvette. Even though it's not the right scale it's just so gorgeous.

I think I must be a Corellian, because my favourite ships are made by them: YT-1300, YT-2400, VCX-100, CR-90, Pelta-Class and Hammerheads. Both my planned X-Wing and Armada Rebel collections will have lots of Corellian ships.

For me,it has to be the Z-95,closely followed by the Y-Wing. I just have this thing for obsolete fighters that can still pull off the underdog win.

For cruising the galaxy,for me it has to be the Corellian YV-929 Armed Freighter,firepower in a brick.

YV-929ArmedFreighter-Int.png

YV-929ArmedFreighter-Schematic.jpg

As for me, I've always been partial to the E-Wing.

latest?cb=20071202181709

I like how it looks more aggressive and fighter-like than some other ships. Also, it looks like you could build one for real and it would fly just fine.

As for bigger ships, I really like the giant TIE look of the VT-49.

latest?cb=20111223213232

If I was choosing a ship to use like my personal Millennium Falcon, that would be it.

Also, ever since I saw the finale of Episode II with all the clone troopers, I've loved the Acclamator-Class Star Destroyers.

latest?cb=20091003023542

That's why Star Wars Empire at War is one of my favorite games. Nothing like coming out of hyperspace with a whole fleet of them...