Engine Upgrade

Darth Vader

Ysanne Isard

Gunner

Colonel Vessery (35)

Twin Ion Engien Mk. II

TIE/x7

Veteran Instincts

I've tried several Defenders but this is the one I like the most. What do you think of the list? Would they make any changes?

I'm always tempted to run ptl on the decimator but I'm terrified of the lack of greens on the dial.

I'm quite partial to using expose as my EPT.

Unless you're trying to miss on the first throw to activate vader twice with the gunner?

Lone Wolf, x7, Stealth Device Ryad is a MONSTER when paired with a deci.

This is my favorite build when using the "decifender" type lists:

RAC: Adaptability, Palp, Gunner, Engine

Ryad: Lone Wolf, x7, Stealth

2-0 with it so far, but I was 5-0 when flying pretty much the exact same list with Soontir instead of Ryad a few month ago. This Ryad is easily the "new Soontir", but I find she is even more ludicrous than he ever was. In both matches Ryad pretty much destroyed my opponents squad by herself, and all RAC has to do is take pot shots at anything not trying to focus down Ryad. I find Gunner to be quite useful against all the other defenders that have been popping up lately, and I'd almost say its auto-include on the deci nowadays just to make sure that RAC is a legitimate threat. If you don't have Palp, I'd go with Hotshot Co-Pilot to strip tokens, but personally I always recommend Palp to take Ryad to that next level of survivability.

I like the previos idea with Ryad!! Another option is weapons engineer so Vess has 2 locks out there. Below is a casual examble that has done well for me. (I don't own palp, and typically try not to proxy)

Decitank (100)

Commander Kenkirk (61) - VT-49 Decimator Ruthlessness (3), Seismic Charges (2), Weapons Engineer (3), Ysanne Isard (4), Bombardier (1), Extra Munitions (2), Dauntless (2)

Colonel Vessery (39) - TIE Defender

Lone Wolf (2), TIE/x7 (-2), Engine Upgrade (4)

Just food for thought

Vader's a bit of a risk. Sure, you can double tap with gunner, but theres 4 damage to you in one round not counting what else is shooting at you. I think you'd find the defender alone too early. with a two ship build, i'd think you may want rac to stick around a little longer.

Edited by thebrettski

Thank you for your answers.

Vader is helping me a lot to finish off ships that are left with only one damage and only use it when I know that I will do real damage, to remove two shields does not compensate me to remove four.

Vessery is good with VI because he moves at once and shoots before Chireneau and his ability explodes.

I have not played with Ryad. I have played this list with Marek and with Rexler and so far the best result is with Vessery. I dismiss Palpatine because I can not get it.

I use push the limit because I use it when I activate Yssane's ability, I get out of arcs or Fixed Target.

The list would look like this:

Chirenau

- Instincts of Verterano

- Upgrade Engine

- HotShot Copilot

Vader

Gunner

Ryad

- Push the limit

- Tie X7

- Twin Engine MkII

Better?

"Commander Kenkirk (61) - VT-49 Decimator Ruthlessness (3), Seismic Charges (2), Weapons Engineer (3), Ysanne Isard (4), Bombardier (1), Extra Munitions (2), Dauntless (2)"

Great Idea. I prove

Edited by Ruykhan

I've been running this to some great success. Hotshot/gunner is a good combo to strip focus tokens so Ryad can juke 'em. Predator could be exchanged for VI to make him be better at shooting first.

Rac & Ryad (100)
Rear Admiral Chiraneau — VT-49 Decimator     46
Predator     3
Hotshot Co-pilot     4
Darth Vader     3
Gunner     5
Engine Upgrade     4
Ship Total: 65

Countess Ryad — TIE Defender     34
Juke     2
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II     1
TIE/x7     -2