Jump to content
Hoda25

Consular Sourcebook Confirmed?!?!?!?!?!?

Recommended Posts

If you're rolling 3 yellows, you have around a 25% chance of a Triumph on any given roll.

Assuming an Intelligence of 4 and a Lore skill of 3, you're rolling 3y1g.  If you're making a hard (3p) check with a couple setback, you have roughly a 60% chance of success, or a 40% chance of failure.  Then, 25% of that 40% is 10%.  So, one in every 10 rolls (that actually challenge you and aren't just an 80%+ chance of success) should give you some use out of this talent.  If your GM is giving your character good work to do, you'll be making at least two hard Lore rolls or so a session, so that's a 20% chance of using it.  And of course the odds go up drastically when you roll more yellow dice.

Again though, if your GM isn't giving you those challenging checks regularly, then you won't get much use out of the talent.

Edited by Benjan Meruna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking for myself (with a character that has 5 int, 3 lore, and is in both Sage and Scholar), I currently only have one rank in it, but I'm looking forward to getting more ranks.  The easy research I do I blow through without even thinking about it, but there's been a fair amount of really difficult research (I've had many impossible checks, and I've even succeeded at most of them) that it would be really nice to have more of that talent as a safety net, or even as a method of getting more details into the answer when I'm not looking for tricky stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...